: Lasstss Differential Ring ???????

ace996
01-18-06, 07:29 PM
OK, what is it? How does it work? How do I get one? Please share the kung-fu?
-ace

wildwhl
01-18-06, 10:12 PM
:canttalk:

ace996
01-18-06, 11:20 PM
:nono: ....

its finally come down to secrets, huh.

wildwhl
01-19-06, 12:29 AM
10sec(sex)ette :crowded: Mridge
I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place, and the guy that sent me the ring...well...is a great guy and I don't want to volunteer him for anything.

I think it works quite well though. Might try to PM him.

WW

XOXOXOXO - it's the beer, I promise :yup:

lasstss
01-19-06, 12:59 PM
[quote=wildwhl]10sec(sex)ette :crowded: Mridge
I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place, and the guy that sent me the ring...well...is a great guy and I don't want to volunteer him for anything.

I think it works quite well though. Might try to PM him.

WW

Check with Pete at Cadillac motorsports. He has a few left over.

vetteboy2k
01-20-06, 05:41 PM
What does this part help with? Can that be atleast told?

lasstss
01-20-06, 06:52 PM
Yea, its no secret. Basically, its a reinforcement ring that ties the pinion bolts together and keeps the nose of the diff from splitting. Falls in with hoop stress, Mohr's circle and all of that ME stuff that I forget right now. It is high strength steel and just an added measure of safety. (cheap I might add)

ace996
01-20-06, 09:00 PM
Funny, after I pulled the !Cags before my dealer visit, I really took a look at the rubber mounts of our driveshaft. I really think a version of the DiffRing could be used to tie together the mounting bolts of the shaft and the tailshaft/diff to make the shaft solid mounted. I doubt a simple plate would be strong enough to withstand the force...but it got me thinking. There is a way to tie the tailshaft-driveshaft-diff together and remove the rubber "squish" of the mounts....it's just gonna take a bit more thought.
-ace

lasstss
01-20-06, 10:50 PM
Funny, after I pulled the !Cags before my dealer visit, I really took a look at the rubber mounts of our driveshaft. I really think a version of the DiffRing could be used to tie together the mounting bolts of the shaft and the tailshaft/diff to make the shaft solid mounted. I doubt a simple plate would be strong enough to withstand the force...but it got me thinking. There is a way to tie the tailshaft-driveshaft-diff together and remove the rubber "squish" of the mounts....it's just gonna take a bit more thought.
-ace

Id you look at the way that BMR (I think) has tied up the vette rear with reinforcement plates, its the same Idea. It just adds to the strength of the existing pinion flange, which is aluminum.

wildwhl
01-21-06, 01:59 AM
ace/lasstss -

wasn't trying to :stirpot: just didn't know if I was better off :canttalk: or not :hmm:

austin
01-21-06, 07:37 AM
How about sharing a photo or two..... I would be interested in seeing this. Sounds like a good idea... :golden: