: Philly Auto Show, Feb 4th-12th

DaveSmed
01-18-06, 06:57 PM
The Philadelphia Auto Show is back again, and I was wondering who is planning on going? Maybe we could all meet up... As of right now, i'm pretty flexible on dates, and i'll be taking the Septa R7 down. Anyone else?

DaveSmed
01-30-06, 03:16 PM
Monday bump...

Katshot
02-02-06, 05:43 AM
Sorry Dave. I missed this. I'll probably be going next week sometime. I usually go on a week night to cut down on the crowd.

DaveSmed
02-02-06, 03:37 PM
Cool, i'm trying to get an excused abscence from my school (hey, they are partnered with the ADA, might as well try..) and go during the week as well. If they grant it, i'll PM you.

DopeStar 156
02-10-06, 05:29 PM
I might be going actually. On Saturday.

DaveSmed
02-10-06, 05:41 PM
Really? It didn't work out with school so I'm going Saturday as well. Around what time are you going?

Katshot
02-10-06, 06:15 PM
That bites! I waited all week for you guys and now you decide to go on the weekend. Maybe I'll go Sunday in the snow. I did that a few years ago and it was great. The place was empty.

DaveSmed
02-10-06, 06:21 PM
That bites! I waited all week for you guys and now you decide to go on the weekend. Maybe I'll go Sunday in the snow. I did that a few years ago and it was great. The place was empty.

Yea, I got a "decision pending" response... Doesn't do too much good when they can't give you an answer in a week :bigroll: Watch them OK it Monday...

Sorry I made you wait though.

DaveSmed
02-11-06, 02:14 PM
Damn. What did you think of the show? I wasn't impressed at all. I think Ford's display was best out of the manufacturer displays. Benz had a ton of C-class cars, and only a handful of interesting things out. Like only ONE S-Class (S500), and no one was allowed in it. Had to laugh at the Pontiac display though (one of the better GM displays, though the Chevy dyno was kind of neat.) They actually had a GTO there, but did you notice anything odd? PA inspection stickers... GM isn't even bothering to take one of thier own, so they just grabbed one from a local dealer. Cadillac had one new Esclade that no one was allowed in, and a few older ones that you were allowed to look around in. I liked the DTS, the STS was ok, but the STS-V just didn't seem worth the price.

Also in the tuner area, look at Ford's display... a six cyl Mustang?!

Katshot
02-12-06, 08:31 AM
Manufacturers do that all the time. Usually, most of the cars at the show are from the local dealers. You don't think the OEM's cart all those acrs all over the country for shows do you? And most times the people manning the booth are just local dealership sales people. I used to go to the Philly shows just to heckle my dealership buddies! Once, they even used one of our Deville's in the show. We got money off for them using it in the show, and I went and detailed it at the show! It was kind of fun actually. They even used one of our cars for a "ride and drive" at a show once. We got pretty good money on that one since they were putting miles on the car.

DaveSmed
02-12-06, 12:24 PM
Huh. MOST of the other cars there did not have inspection stickers. Are they shown before someone does a PDI on them?