: Dealer confirmed new GM bushings spacers in the works...

globed70
01-18-06, 09:36 AM
Service rep got in touch with an engineer, and they have confirmed that a new bushing spacer is in the works... something thicker. No idea how long until they have them, but based on history I would guess 60-120 days.

lasstss
01-18-06, 09:42 AM
I have asked the Aussies to look into making a bushing kit for the cradle in urethane along with the differential. This will get rid of the jello effect and not give us a hard mount. I think its the best way to go.

ronr
01-18-06, 09:49 AM
Does anyone have the dimensions of the bushings? I've got some urethane laying around and could make up a set to try.

Texan V
01-18-06, 09:57 AM
The MadMan diff won't have the rubber bushing mount at all from what I read on another forum...:canttalk:

SBONES
01-18-06, 09:57 AM
are these the hop bushings...James at lindsay greased mine and showed me the play in them..he said the specter one's are not loose, their tight...figured i chime in...Marty, you should work for caddy...seems your doing all their leg work...by the way love your bushing for the ucc...scott:thumbsup:

Kadonny
01-18-06, 10:01 AM
are these the hop bushings...James at lindsay greased mine and showed me the play in them..he said the specter one's are not loose, their tight...figured i chime in...Marty, you should work for caddy...seems your doing all their leg work...by the way love your bushing for the ucc...scott:thumbsup:

Yes Scott, these are the hop bushings they are talking about.

lasstss
01-18-06, 10:32 AM
I dont know what the madman crew is doing to mount their diff but I do know this is true. You absolutely cannot hard mount an aluminum differential without isolation. You will hear the gear noise transmitted thru its mount. I pulled the BMR pinion support for this reason and it wasnt even direct contact. At one point I had my own pinion ring contacting the bolt on the cradle. The noise went thru the whole car. Not good!

austin
01-18-06, 10:47 AM
On top of the bushings.... We neeed a stealth "black urethane pinion/differential mount bushing set only", that should rid the clunk once and for all, and tighten things up further. The "other" pinion mount kit (with the arm) sticks out way too much and will most likely void the drivetrain warranty once recognized by a tech. The spectra bushings are fantastic for stopping the wheelhop, and are virtualy undetectable, but have nothing to do with the clunk.

IMO..... Wheelhop and pinion mount movement (the clunk) together during hard acceleration is part of the differentials detruction problem.

ace996
01-18-06, 08:28 PM
You couldn't pay me to remove my Specter Bushings....ever. I have no issues with them other than reduced wheel-hop and an ever-so-noticeable tightened rear-suspension on very aggressive cornering.

Madman's design should have poly-thane mounts for the differential....heck, we should already have a poly-thane mount for the '06 differential....I can't believe someone hasn't done that already...BMR...StealthV...ect.

Oh well, I continue to wait for someone to make money on much needed products for our cars.
-ace

austin
01-18-06, 09:16 PM
>I can't believe someone hasn't done that already...BMR...StealthV...ect.

Me either... Come on... Someone, step up to the plate and please make them!!

wildwhl
01-18-06, 11:44 PM
I vote Poly by the Aussies...as part of the diff "kit" when it is done!