: Goodyear experience

Slywun
01-17-06, 09:45 PM
As a preface:
I drive my car harder than the 'typical driver', however compared to others here, I don't drive as aggressive. The traction control is on most of the time and have never smoked the tires (purposely) - zero problems with the differential.

Quite simply, I love my V; more than anything else I've owned. Mileage variations for the F1's posted here have a wide range 4k-15k+ miles, and I expected I'd be on the higher side even though I have 10.5k miles in 5 months. (Just can't stop driving her...)

So, based on a post here a few weeks back, I called Goodyear and explained my frustration. I described my driving habits, asked them what was the expected milage for the F1's, and what they could recommend as a replacement that would maximize performance and durability. The gentleman told me to go to my local Goodyear shop so they could inspect the F1's.

The result: Goodyear pro-rated me and I got my 4 new GSD3's for $280 mounted, balanced, and aligned.

The GSD3's seem good (admittedly, my senses aren't as accute as others); they do seem quieter than the F1's, but I can't tell a difference in traction or handling.

In any case, if anyone has had a similar experience with their F1's, calling Goodyear may be worth your while. For me definitely worth the day's investment.

CIWS
01-17-06, 09:49 PM
Did the Goodyear "hotline" contact your local dealer and tell them to give you a deal or did you simply show up to the local Goodyear store and they prorated the F1s and set you up on their own ?

Slywun
01-17-06, 09:55 PM
Did the Goodyear "hotline" contact your local dealer and tell them to give you a deal or did you simply show up to the local Goodyear store and they prorated the F1s and set you up on their own ?
I was given a reference number when I first called Goodyear, which I gave to the Manager at the Service shop. After inspecting my tires, he called the hotline and worked out the details of the proration.

CIWS
01-17-06, 09:58 PM
Cool, thanks for the info / insight.