Lowered ~3/4" F & ~1" R with GC coilovers

Front
Camber L: -1.7 deg [This is the max they could get out of the front]
Camber R: -1.7 deg
Caster L: 6.1 deg
Caster R: 6.5 deg
Toe L: 0"
Toe R: 0"
Toe Total: 0" [I like a little toe out in front - helps turn-in, but they convinced me with the amount of caster they got, turn-in would be fine, and tires will last longer with zero toe]

Rear
Camber L: -2.2 deg [I asked for 0.5 deg more than front]
Camber R: -2.2 deg
Toe L: 1/16"
Toe R: 1/16"
Toe Total: 1/8" [ A little toe in, exactly what i asked for]
Trust Angle: 0.0 deg

The 'initial' spec's weren't too bad, except the front was toed-in 1/4" :bonkers: that'll chew up the tires fast.

No. Calif guys, if you're looking for a good alignment place... go to Custom Alignment in Mountain View... been using them for years... always happy with them... and no complains that they didn't have some "special GM alignment tool".

calicadi
01-17-06, 10:49 PM
Thanks for posting this. I'll cut and paste it into my records file.

Maybe Reed should post in FAQ, too?

Stupid question of the day. Is the caster on our cars adjustable or a factor of camber?

VELOSE
01-17-06, 10:55 PM
I'm copying this info too. Thanks for sharing the knowledge to the few of us that are clueless about this kind of information. You're on your way to another bottle of Patron Silver. :D

ace996
01-17-06, 10:56 PM
Dreamin,
Nice numbers, good to see someone giving this a little attention. I'm running slightly less aggressive numbers and wonder how things'll go on the street for you. Please let us know your thoughts on street running with the set-up, as I'd like to find a way to make the most of our "A-arm" suspension.

I'd also guess that wheel-hop may be less of a concern, as the rear camber should allow more spin on launch....perhaps a way to smoothly pull away from a stop with the F1s?

Good luck on the track and give 'em hell.
Please let us know how the V does, and if there's any way for you to get some video....please, we need some vids of the V wrecking the tracks.

Be good,
ace