: Procharged CTS-V update

markbinkc
01-17-06, 12:30 PM
As many of you know, I put the ATI procharger on the V, upped the boost to 10#, and cracked my #7 piston. Went to a forged bottom end, 3.5 inch pulley, Kooks headers with 1 7/8 primaries, high-flow cats, and the corsa exhaust. My crankshaft is now forged, and its a stroker kit which makes it a 382cid now. Heads and intake are stock. going to get the car this weekend, as they have now completed tuning. With the 1/2 inch smaller pulley, it only made 1 more pound of boost (11#), due to the larger displacement and the headers. While they were at it, they put in a spec 3+ clutch and flywheel (some 30# lighter), and a short-throw shifter. I think it's safe to say that I'm done, at least until the new rear-end is finished. Hopefully this can get me into the 11's. Dyno graph below: 597.4/584.3

Flyboy
01-17-06, 01:11 PM
You'll be in the 11's!!!

Can't wait to see the results......

Flyboy
01-17-06, 01:18 PM
Check out this link.....it's pretty accurate for just a "graph" and no variables.

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm

Kadonny
01-17-06, 01:39 PM
Hot damn Mark.......kick ass numbers. Keep us posted......please.

Luna.
01-17-06, 01:45 PM
I want to see how long your differential lasts now... :lildevil:

And how on earth are you going to get that much power down to the ground? :D

markbinkc
01-17-06, 01:53 PM
I want to see how long your differential lasts now... :lildevil:

And how on earth are you going to get that much power down to the ground? :D

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I'm wondering how long it will last myself. Don't know what I'll do to get that power to the ground. Kind of curious and scared at the same time.:hide: It will be interesting. I'll post about the drive home on Sunday or Monday.

Mark

LV_V
01-17-06, 02:02 PM
WOW. Nice dyno graph!! :eek:

verbs
01-17-06, 02:13 PM
Holy shit!!!! That curve is awesome, and so are the #s, especially for a MUSTANG DYNO! :lildevil:

That car is going to own some shit or get owned by the drivetrain.

VELOSE
01-17-06, 02:22 PM
I'm posting to see a video of it soon. What a beast to try to tame? :thumbsup:

Mat347
01-17-06, 02:51 PM
It shouldn't be too bad with a power curve as smooth as that. You should definately be in the 11's...which will be the first I believe!

dannystang
01-17-06, 03:15 PM
Congrats on the build!

Not to knock it, but I remember mallet think it was mallet built a 750hp cts-v and only managed to get into the 12.20's due to the rear-end or hop?

How are you getting around this slicks?

markbinkc
01-17-06, 04:06 PM
Congrats on the build!

Not to knock it, but I remember mallet think it was mallet built a 750hp cts-v and only managed to get into the 12.20's due to the rear-end or hop?

How are you getting around this slicks?

During that shootout, they got one run, and many of the cars in that shootout just couldn't hook up. They had to run tires with a certain tread rating, and it had nothing to do with hop. Mine may, but his didn't. He does completely new suspension setup. Someone on here said Blitzer got into the high 11's? don't know if that's true, but if he did it, this car should do it too.

Mark

Flyboy
01-17-06, 04:35 PM
The Mallet car ran 12.4 @ 125. It's posted at www.dragtimes.com

Flyboy
01-17-06, 04:35 PM
The Mallet car ran 12.4 @ 125. It's posted at www.dragtimes.com

CRZY747
01-17-06, 04:49 PM
Hmm that is one bad car you have there. I think the first one to the bottom 11's or 10's will be Parker. If he gets the car from madman and takes it to the track to test out that rearend. Which knowing madman, it will be put on the track as soon as the rear is done. Either way, just watch the launchs and you wont launch the rear "hopefully". Those are some stout numbers no doubt.

Mark get the rearend and make some 1/4 mile passes. Your car is just sweet as hell and congrads man, very nice.

JET

GNSCOTT
01-17-06, 04:49 PM
The Mallet car ran 12.4 @ 125. It's posted at www.dragtimes.com (http://www.dragtimes.com)

Man that is too bad. That is an easy 10 sec. mph> It is going to be a blast once your done launching it.:devil:

lawfive
01-17-06, 05:12 PM
Yikes! Time to yank my numbers and mods off my posts; I can't hang with the likes of you!

wildwhl
01-17-06, 06:55 PM
Jealous <------Wildwhl

CIWS
01-17-06, 06:59 PM
Damn Dude, you may have to be borrowing someone's G-Suit !!:worship:

GT04CTS-V
01-17-06, 07:30 PM
Mark - Sweet - That's an impressive dyno run, especially on a Mustang.

Just make sure if you run the 1/4 with slicks that you wear ear protection, to be on the safe side when the stock rear grenades. :o

GT

chiro444
01-17-06, 07:34 PM
Gotta get really really sticky tires. I think someone on here has Nitto Extreme tires and they get really good 1/4 mile times because it supposedly gets rid of the tire hop. Good luck at the track!:lildevil:

markbinkc
01-17-06, 09:33 PM
Mark - Sweet - That's an impressive dyno run, especially on a Mustang.

Just make sure if you run the 1/4 with slicks that you wear ear protection, to be on the safe side when the stock rear grenades. :o

GT

Yeah, that makes the rebuild kinda bitter sweet. "Wow that car's fast! But what's that sh*t it's spewing down the track?:o

Mark

Exotic Performance P
01-17-06, 10:16 PM
I am really impressed with the Spec Stage 3+ clutch that we installed. It drives like the stock one did, has a full surface instead of the puck style, and does not chatter at all.
This car makes really impressive power for only 11 pounds of boost, stock LS6 cam and heads, and a 382 ci. Hand filing the rings certainly helps during the build, but I think the Kooks headers play a big role in the added power. Bob

Exotic Performance P
01-17-06, 10:19 PM
I feel that the best drag tires on the market are the M/T drag radials, and they make them in a 17" size. Bob

markbinkc
01-17-06, 10:24 PM
I feel that the best drag tires on the market are the M/T drag radials, and they make them in a 17" size. Bob

How about 18's, because that's what we need.

Mark

DILLIGAF
01-17-06, 11:50 PM
Thats fn sick dude,I can't wait to see it run.Let me know when we can hook up.I can get to the big city anytime now on the weekends.Randy

10secvette
01-18-06, 01:32 AM
Nice numbers.......... the first time you put on a tire that sticks, that rear end is going to crumble like a cracker.

Parker
01-18-06, 02:25 AM
Bad ass #s. Just make sure you race from a 3rd gear roll, the diff should hold up just fine, anything under that...Kaboom. BTW if you shift the shit out of the car with that clutch, mine sticks to the floor when I dont let off the gas, hopefully you won't have the same problem. Also, I ended up putting some new Nitto NT-01s in a 275 on the rear and kissed my rear diff goodbye by just doing a little spirited driving off of the bottle...whod of guessed it would take a shit shifting into 2nd gear. Oh well, glad to see your making the #s and keep up the modding sickness.

Exotic Performance P
01-18-06, 07:50 AM
How about 18's, because that's what we need.

Mark

M/T doesn't offer the tires in a 18" yet. If one of these cars was really set up to launch at the track, built rear to withstand the power, etc, a 15" or 16" wheel size would be what you would want to use, for traction purposes. Bob

markbinkc
01-18-06, 08:35 AM
M/T doesn't offer the tires in a 18" yet. If one of these cars was really set up to launch at the track, built rear to withstand the power, etc, a 15" or 16" wheel size would be what you would want to use, for traction purposes. Bob

Darn those 14.4in rear brakes:mad2: . Well I probably don't need anything any stickier right now anyway. I'd at least like to drive it a little while. I kinda miss the car:(

Mark

VELOSE
01-18-06, 12:46 PM
Mark,
You could go with some hoosier's. I know those are made in 18's. However, the hoosier's I'm talking about were being used for a track course. I don't know how well they will flex to grip at launch but they are really sticky. :D

markbinkc
01-18-06, 12:56 PM
Mark,
You could go with some hoosier's. I know those are made in 18's. However, the hoosier's I'm talking about were being used for a track course. I don't know how well they will flex to grip at launch but they are really sticky. :D

Thanks. I really need to be patient and see what happens with this new rear. I'll just have to baby the thing for the time being. I'm at >17000 miles on my original rear end, but when I put the BMR AWHK and tow rods on, it really made the rear transmit it's whining even louder. It has always whined, especially upon deceleration, but I can hear it even louder now. Hopefully it can last a few thousand more miles, because I KNOW my dealership won't warranty anything now:D .

Mark

Devil_concours
01-18-06, 05:51 PM
what kind of driveshaft? doesn't someone make cf driveshaft for the v?

Exotic Performance P
01-22-06, 10:04 AM
Getting on it in 3rd gear in this V just causes wheel spin, and you can get the car sideways if you are not careful. It's hard to say how long the rear is gonig to hang in there.... Bob