: No. 5 misfire

gixxer_751
01-16-06, 10:59 AM
i changed out my CKP sensor (car drove fine for a day), a day later the CHECK ENGINE light is on and reads No. 5 misfire. :helpless: can anyone improvise? I remove the sparkplug boot and there is oil on the boot and Im pretty sure inside the hole.

bengsxr
01-16-06, 11:35 AM
well gixxer what year is your car because if it is 97,98 check in your spark plug wells for oil, pull your plugs they could be dirty and might need replaced also check your plug wires. start there and get back. if it is a 97,98 I don't think it is a coil pack because you would of also lost the #2 cylinder spark also.

gixxer_751
01-16-06, 11:56 AM
its a '97: but im concerned about about the oil on the spark plug boot, i've never seen oil on the actual boots and its on all of them (plug boots). thanks for the info.

gixxer_751
02-07-06, 06:38 PM
well pepboys decided to let the oil from the changed valve covers dwell in the piston holes and now im assed about $500 to replace plug wires and coil pack... but iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttsssssssssssss ssss bbbbbbbbbbaaacckk.

CtA318
02-07-06, 09:24 PM
If you had camshaft cover gaskets done just let the oil drain into the cynlinder and burn it off on the next start. This should get ride of the oil in the wells and in the boots.

I am loosing spark in cynlinder's number 2 and 5 so I probably have a bad coil pack. Oh well. It's probably going into Cadillac soon for head gasket job.