: Alarm help!!

LaneWvr
01-16-06, 05:13 AM
I had posted this in the audio forum, but no useful responses. So moderators please don't move. I put on a Crimestopper cs-2011 rsIV on my 81 Coupe Deville. It has remote start, keyless entry, truck pop, and so on. I hooked the aux 1 to the gray wire in pass. front kick panel. It's right off the relay. The wire chart I have is for a 85 Fleetwood, but I would think it would be the same. It doesn't work. A little help would be great, thanks.

DaveSmed
01-16-06, 01:24 PM
I had posted this in the audio forum, but no useful responses. So moderators please don't move. I put on a Crimestopper cs-2011 rsIV on my 81 Coupe Deville. It has remote start, keyless entry, truck pop, and so on. I hooked the aux 1 to the gray wire in pass. front kick panel. It's right off the relay. The wire chart I have is for a 85 Fleetwood, but I would think it would be the same. It doesn't work. A little help would be great, thanks.

Would I be correct in assuming your trying to get the aux output to serve as the trunk pop? Or is this another feature? First impression is: Relay for trunk pop? Most just have the button, though I could be wrong... (Been hanging around the FWD Cads too much)

LaneWvr
01-16-06, 06:22 PM
My bad, yes the trunk pop. I need to know where the Aux wire should go.

DaveSmed
01-16-06, 06:36 PM
Depends on what the AUX button does exactly. Does it pull to ground, current limited? Does it supply 12v+ with some current to actually work the circut? If I had to guess, you probably need to go pick up a relay. The trunk pop is a super simple circut. Theres a pink and a black wire going to the trunk release button. Put +12v on the black wire, the trunk opens. The only catch I see, is that I would NOT get power from the pink wire going to the button, as that is only hot with the key on.

ocjmakaveli
01-16-06, 09:47 PM
according to a wiring diagram the 85 is different but 81-85 is the same

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1980-84&make=Cadillac&model=Coupe%20Deville&ID=17299&type=Alarm

there's no trunk wire indicated just remove your stock trunk button and connect to the wires in back of the button either wire will do most of the time it is a positive wire just connect it to the wire without cutting it would be best

LaneWvr
01-17-06, 08:25 PM
according to a wiring diagram the 85 is different but 81-85 is the same
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1980-84&make=Cadillac&model=Coupe%20Deville&ID=17299&type=Alarm
there's no trunk wire indicated just remove your stock trunk button and connect to the wires in back of the button either wire will do most of the time it is a positive wire just connect it to the wire without cutting it would be best
Need a pass for the link, but for this method it would only work with the ign. on, right?

DaveSmed
01-17-06, 09:37 PM
If that link just shows connection across the back of the button, then yes. I would splice into the wire at the button, run it to the alarm and wire up the relay there. The alarm needs a constant 12v you need for the relay. Assuming AUX pulls to ground, Wire up the relay so pins 85 and 30 go to constant 12v. Pin 86 goes to AUX from the alarm. Pin 87 goes to te lead you ran from the trunk button (solenoid side)

ocjmakaveli
01-17-06, 11:44 PM
That page has a diagram for your car only.

If you connect your aux cable ALTHOUGH there should be a trunk cable exactly for this purpose to connect to the trunk does your manual say use the aux for the trunk? Does it say it's a + output? if it says + just connect directly to the trunk switch wire and itll work.