: Limo rear end... 3.08?

Night Wolf
01-16-06, 04:13 AM
There is a local guy parting out a 1979 factory limo.

From a brief search I found out the limo had a 3.08 gear.

Is this the 10-bolt, 8-7/8" rear that the other Caddys had?

I think it has rear drums and do they have Posi? I dunno...

The guy gave me his number to call for info... I just don't want to waste his time if I am not really going to get it... I would be interesed in the 3.08 gear swap though.

Is the limo rear end anything speical? or should I pass on it? what is a fair price?

Katshot
01-16-06, 06:45 AM
As I recall, back in those days, there were only two basic layouts for the full-size Cadillacs. You had the Deville which had basically the same running gear as your full-size Chevys, Olds's, Pontiacs and Buicks, then you had the Fleetwood and Limo which had a heavier version of everything from steering gear to brakes and drivetrain parts. There's probably someone here that can dig up actual data to support or correct my memory but until that happens, hopefully this is helpful.

caddydaddy
01-16-06, 09:51 AM
The differential code for the 3.08:1 is 2XJ for standard and 2XY for limited slip.

caddydaddy
01-16-06, 09:58 AM
Also, only the Broughams had rear discs, so I'm not sure if the limo used the Brougham rear or not? If it does have posi, and you want discs and it has them, I'd take it! I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it if it's in good shape with reasonable mileage. But if the guy is parting the car out, you might get it cheap!

Night Wolf
01-16-06, 12:47 PM
Well, we already found out Cadillac had a totally different rear end then BOP and even Chevy.... instead of 8.5" they are 8-7/8" and the gearing is specific to Cadillac... like the 2.28.

I personally don't care about rear disc brakes... wont even make a differnce on the Caddy, plus the massive rear drums I have heard to a better job at slowing the car down (for the back)

Posi would be really nice though, I get enough wheel spin with the 2.28 gears as it is.

So basically this is a direct replacement, same size... the only thing is I'll be getting 3.08 inplace of my 2.28... the 3.08 BTW, is the ideal gearing for me, makes me interested in it. If this is in fact the Cadillac 8-7/8" carrier also, that is cool as the Chevy is a 7.5"

Posi can always be added at a later time, right?

But the problem, yet again.... I live in an apartment, no place to do such work as swapping the rear end, so I guess I would throw it in the trunk and have to take it to a shop, thats alot in labor charges....

I have never swapped a rear end before, I got a good look at it from pulling the rear sway bar off that Brougham... disconnect the driveshaft, all the bolts for the trailing arms and the brake lines... that seemed to be all of it?

Plus, money is a concern... $200 would be alot for me right now..... It would have to be about $100 for me to get it... then that means no tint for the '93 Coupe like I am consdering...

maybe I should just leave the '79 alone until I am really ready to do all the work on it, then just do it all in one shot.... but this limo is within 15mins from me and it may be a good deal.... I dunno... I guess a good start would be to call him and see how much he wants for the rear end. Worth a shot?

caddydaddy
01-16-06, 01:03 PM
Actually, my '79 FSM says the ring gear is 8 3/4" not 8 7/8" Anyways, adding posi later is possible, but unless you find a used one to install, it can be expensive for new parts! That's the reason I'm installing a complete posi rear into my '79 Deville. I got disc brakes, posi, 3.08 gears and the rear sway bar for $250.
It's not as easy as it looks to remove or replace the rear, especially if you don't have a garage or someplace good to work on the car! It's not impossible, but it's not like doing a brake job.
It's worth a shot to ask the guy how much he wants for it. But there are plenty of rear ends out there with posi, so you shouldn't fell like you HAVE to buy it now.

DopeStar 156
01-16-06, 02:19 PM
Hmm, this leads me to my own question. How can I tell if my car has limited slip? Was that available on the 80's RWD Cars? How would I be able to tell if mine has it?

caddydaddy
01-16-06, 02:22 PM
Hmm, this leads me to my own question. How can I tell if my car has limited slip? Was that available on the 80's RWD Cars? How would I be able to tell if mine has it?

You can tell by the axle codes, which are probably the same for the '79.

DaveSmed
01-16-06, 02:31 PM

Jack the back wheels off the ground, and with the car in park, spin one of the back wheels. If it spins and the other spins in the OPPOSITE direction, you have an open diff. If it doesn't spin or you have to be trying your hardest to get the wheel to budge (and you remembered to release the parking brake!) you have posi

Night Wolf
01-16-06, 05:52 PM
with the car in park? woudln't that prevent the wheels from turning?

Hmm, I dunno... I think I'll pass on this... with the near stock 425, the 2.28 gears are probably better then 3.08 anyway, and I am not doing anything major with the engine right now.

There will be other options in the future, with Posi....I may as well just drive and enjoy the car as it is, then in the future when I build the 500, rebuild the TH400, install all new steering/suspension parts and change the rear end... for now the car, mechanically is nearly all origanal... kinda cool to drive a 28 year old car as a daily driver and not feel bothered one bit by the age :).

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-06, 05:59 PM
Rick, whats your timeline for the 500?

DopeStar 156
01-16-06, 06:19 PM
Jack the back wheels off the ground, and with the car in park, spin one of the back wheels. If it spins and the other spins in the OPPOSITE direction, you have an open diff. If it doesn't spin or you have to be trying your hardest to get the wheel to budge (and you remembered to release the parking brake!) you have posi
Interesting, but don't you mean with the transmission in Neutral?

DaveSmed
01-16-06, 06:26 PM
Nope, park! With the driveshaft held on an open diff, with both rear wheels off the ground, your able to spin the wheels. BUT when you spin one, the other HAS to spin in the opposite direction, due to the spider gears. I find this test is a little more reliable with the car in park, since occasionally you run into some diffs that have enough resistance that both wheels and the driveshaft will spin together, right up until you put a little more load on the opposite wheel, where it will just be the driveshaft spinning.

An alternative, if your reasonably certain you have an open diff anyway and just want to check is to jack the car up on one wheel and BLOCK THE OTHER!! With the car in neutral, you should be able to spin the driveshaft by spinning the wheel that is in the air. Blocking the wheel is important with this method though! If you dont, and you really work at getting the wheel to budge, you could knock the car off the jack by forcing the wheel on the ground to turn!

I like the first method though, as in the junkyard, theres usually no tires, both ends of the axle are in the air, and you can usually put the car in park still. I make sure park actually works, and try to spin one of the drums. If it spins freely, I know its an open.

Night Wolf
01-16-06, 08:27 PM
Rick, whats your timeline for the 500?

heh, as it is right now, wayyy in the future.

If I simply wanted to get a running 500 cam it and some other stuff and throw it in, I could do that in a dedicated weekend. But I plan on doing a whole bunch of stuff to the engine and drivetrain, as well as the whole chassis of the car... replace bushings, all steering/suspension parts etc... it'll be alot of money and alot of down time that I do not have right now.

As it is now, once I graduate in a year and get a good job, I would like to start saving up for a truck. Yeah with the money I'll spend on a truck I could do the whole build on the '79 as well as get the Coupe repainted and stuff... but eh, I want a new to me vehicle... and a 4WD, manual transmission truck.

Once I get the truck and lock down a job and I know I'll be somewhere for awhile, I am going to start looking for a house.... handyman special, buy it cheap, fix it up while living in it then sell it for a nice profit.

Probably once I have a place of my own, is when I'll start doing the work on the car, just because I'll have the abality, time and space to store it etc... plus I gotta set prioritys :) It isn't like the car isn't driveable now, it is 100% running and driving, so I really don't have a need to do anything with it and I don't want to do anything at the time (living at the apartment) that could be opening up a can of worms.

Boring, I know :) But its life :) so current goals in life are; graduate top of my class > get good job > get a truck > get a house. Yeah, not the typical goals of an 18 y/o.... but when am I ever typical? :)

caddydaddy
01-16-06, 09:08 PM
heh, as it is right now, wayyy in the future.
If I simply wanted to get a running 500 cam it and some other stuff and throw it in, I could do that in a dedicated weekend. But I plan on doing a whole bunch of stuff to the engine and drivetrain, as well as the whole chassis of the car... replace bushings, all steering/suspension parts etc... it'll be alot of money and alot of down time that I do not have right now.

More power to ya! :thumbsup:

BTW, I've been slowly working on my '79 Deville for 9 years, and it's still not done! Someday, it will be an awesome car again! :cookoo:

Night Wolf
01-16-06, 10:14 PM
The only problem with my '79 is... I don't want it to nickel and dime me...

not in the sense of driving it..

but the paint is origanal.. there are little chips and scratches that have surface rust, I'll try to fix it... but really, the car will need a new paint job in the future...

the chrome is in better then normal condition... but if I repaint it, I may want new chrome...

the interiror, again, for the year is perfect driver condition...

but if I start wanting to make it perfect, I'll be spending alot more money then i want on this car.. so I'll have to decide what really is good, the inteiror, chrome, paint for the most part etc.... I don't want to restore this car, just make it something fun to have and drive that'll surprise unsuspecting people :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-06, 10:21 PM
Rick, when you repaint it, tell me you're going to go with something other than yellow!

Black would be primo, but a nice dark red would match the interior.

N0DIH
01-16-06, 11:11 PM
The problem with that rear end (the Pontiac designed "O" type 10 bolt) has limited gear sets available. I think I posted some details on this on the site somewhere, ranged from 2.28, 2.41, 2.56, 2.73, 2.93, 3.08 and 3.23. No others. No aftermarket support at all. No aftermarket posi units. Once worn out, you are done.

Check this link for some details on the rear: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52755&highlight=7%2F8+pontiac I'll try to look up the 77-up axle codes.

As to find out if it is/was a posi? Jack and Spin. Honestly, they were cone type, and often are worn out and will start to act open. Auburn or Eaton (who made it) was offering some parts to rebuild some cone, but not sure if they did that rear. Sometimes you can take the housings apart and machine off 0.050 to 0.100 off and tighten it up, but it won't last forever. But might be the ticket to get it working again.

If it was me? I would ditch it and go with the 8.5" (or 9.5" if you like the BIG rear from the 90's limo's, Katshot likely knows the years the 9.5" was around, it is a tough rear, but 100 lbs or so heavier than the 8.5, at least in my Suburban which I just installed, that sucker weighs a ton!!), with the Chevy, aka "corporate" 8.5" it is FULLY supported in the aftermarket from girdles to posis to lockers to gearsets from 2.41 to 6's. Aftermarket axles that are stronger, to stock axles from 28 to 30 spline. Might even be able to stuff in the 31 spline 9.5" axles if you wanted to.

I don't have too much fondness for being stuck with limited support parts. Most of which are completely unsupported these days. The 8.5" handled the 73 SD455 with no issues, handled many many large high HP engines with little complaints on the street.

The 9.5" is also supported ok in aftermarket. I like mine so far and it comes with the larger 11.5" x 2.75" brakes (on the Cad, aka J55 option) so you get some beef in the back. The stock brakes are 11" x 2".

The factory rear disc in the 70's/early 80's was ok, but the calipers sucked and often froze up. The e-brake was part of the caliper, not at all like the 90's Impala SS/9C1 cop car rear disc.

Bill Harper makes an upgrade kit if you are interested.

Oh, and with 9.5" on the 94-96 cars, you lose ABS and TC, no rear wheel sensors and no axle provisions for them. On the older ones it doesn't matter.

Night Wolf
01-16-06, 11:14 PM
Hmmm.... very true.

The Caddy 2.28 gears stay for the time being, and when I am really ready to do this right, I'll research it all and decided. This 9.5" intrests me... I'd rather have too much then too little.... 500cid V8, big Caddy.... a huge rear diff to finsih it off :)

The problem with that rear end (the Pontiac designed "O" type 10 bolt) has limited gear sets available. I think I posted some details on this on the site somewhere, ranged from 2.28, 2.41, 2.73, 2.93, 3.08 and 3.23. No others. No aftermarket support at all. No aftermarket posi units. Once worn out, you are done.

If it was me? I would ditch it and go with the 8.5" (or 9.5" if you like the BIG rear from the 90's limo's, Katshot likely knows the years the 9.5" was around, it is a tough rear, but 100 lbs or so heavier than the 8.5, at least in my Suburban which I just installed, that sucker weighs a ton!!), with the Chevy, aka "corporate" 8.5" it is FULLY supported in the aftermarket from girdles to posis to lockers to gearsets from 2.41 to 6's. Aftermarket axles that are stronger, to stock axles from 28 to 30 spline. Might even be able to stuff in the 31 spline 9.5" axles if you wanted to.

I don't have too much fondness for being stuck with limited support parts. Most of which are completely unsupported these days. The 8.5" handled the

Night Wolf
01-16-06, 11:16 PM
Rick, when you repaint it, tell me you're going to go with something other than yellow!
Black would be primo, but a nice dark red would match the interior.

Well, first thought would be, origanal Laramie Beige, it would look better from the start with clear coat... but I would add metallic flake.

That way the door jambs trunk etc... don't need to be touched.

But then, if I am paying to have the car repainted, I can get any color I want.

Black... would be sweet, maybe add a metallic flake. It would go well with the Ceder Red interior too.

dark burgendy... yeah it would blend, but I woduln't like it....

I dunno, the Laramie Beige may be nice.. the origanal, very odd color combination, I don't really mind it all that much... but this car would look sweet in black.

If the origanal paint is willing to last and I can fix the small "problem" areas... then I would like to keep the origanal paint if I could.

DopeStar 156
01-17-06, 12:09 AM
I remember once while my Caddy was getting an oil change in the shop I walked up tot he car on the lift (I'm friends with everyone at that shop, they let me) and just for fun I spun a rear wheel because it was like eye level with me, and I don't remember being able to spin it. Does this mean I have posi?

N0DIH
01-17-06, 12:14 AM
With both up, one should spin opposite. With posi, the clutches will act on the carrier and try to turn it, which the driveshaft is in park in the trans, will not allow it to move.

BUT, if the E brake was on, no dice, no move either.

Unless removed, all posi's from GM have the little posi/limited slip tag so you add the posi additive in.

Night Wolf
01-17-06, 12:20 AM
I don;t think the 80's 307 Broughams even had the Posi option... I don't know of any that had them... I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Series75
01-17-06, 10:23 AM
I scanned the previous replies and didn't find this mentioned - the series 75 rear ends (from 77-84) also had the larger 12" drum brakes from the 71-76 Cads in addition to the 3.08:1 ratio.

Up front they use the spindles and hubs from the full sized Chevys from 71-76, which use a larger inner wheel bearing than the standard 77-84 RWD Cadillacs.

Dave
'82 Series 75 (non-posi)

The Ape Man
01-17-06, 12:42 PM
I scanned the previous replies and didn't find this mentioned - the series 75 rear ends (from 77-84) also had the larger 12" drum brakes from the 71-76 Cads in addition to the 3.08:1 ratio.
Cadillacs.

Dave
'82 Series 75 (non-posi)

Have you had one of these apart? I'm wondering if they used a different axle bearing setup. Those axles used as bearing races were a high failure design.

BTW Chilton's parts manual lists 8-7/8" parts for Cadillac cars with the same exact part numbers as the other GM lines which show the parts as 8-3/4".

A number of people have told me that the 8-7/8" posi units are the same thing as older 12 bolt GM units. This one needs checking.
I have a 2.28 OEM posi vacationing in the garage. It's been in 4 different cars over the years.

Night Wolf
01-17-06, 12:47 PM
Wait, so the Series 75 was the factory limo, right?

So these had 12" drums and 3.08 with Posi as an option?

This is the car in question.... it can't be more then 15mins from me...

Also, the Series 75... Fleetwood Brougham or no? IOW, does this thing have the aluminum hood?

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/b7/97/ea_1.JPG

2.28 Posi is very rare... but I personally want to dump the 2.28 ASAP... yeah I get wheel spin but Posi really isn't needed for me atleast, with the 2.28.

Night Wolf
01-17-06, 12:49 PM
Actually, is that even a limo? there is no mention of it... forgot why I even thought it was.... the rear door/pillar/windows look to be of the factory limo....

Its the only picture, auction is for the passenger side fender...

N0DIH
01-17-06, 02:14 PM
I know the 85 Olds B bodies had it as an option, as for how many got it, ???

But Cadillac should have had the same RPO's to choose from.

I don;t think the 80's 307 Broughams even had the Posi option... I don't know of any that had them... I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

JTraik
01-18-06, 11:13 AM
2.28 Posi is very rare... but I personally want to dump the 2.28 ASAP... yeah I get wheel spin but Posi really isn't needed for me atleast, with the 2.28.

Dont think thats a bad thing... a good posi on a rainy day will cause slight skidding in the back on a tight turn... enough at least were i can feel it in my Caprice 9C1.

The Ape Man
01-18-06, 12:49 PM
I've had a bunch of different RWD Cadillacs over the years and can say for sure that the posi is very worthwile with any gear ratio.
I even had an '80 CDV with a 368 that used to light up the right rear wheel when leaving work pulling out into highway traffic when the road as wet.
Posi fixed that.
Made the trip from Edison to Toms River NJ on the Garden State Parkway at 03:30 in the morning during the blizzard of '96. The road was closed and people were actually walking on it to get away from their ditched cars.
My 500 C.I. '81 CDV with 2.28 posi fishtailed onward the whole 50 miles and didn't let me down. It would have never made it with an open rear axle.
The posi also works when you wail through a puddle of water sitting on the highway.
"Don't leave home without it".

N0DIH
01-18-06, 08:42 PM
I'll be getting mine in from my Suburban into my Cad soon as it gets warmed up enough to mess with it.

Series75
01-24-06, 10:21 AM
Yes, the Series 75 is the factory limo. There were two versions each year (at lest through 1984, not sure about the FWD 85-87 ones). You could get the Sedan or Formal/Limousine version. The Sedan did not have the glass divider behind the front seat, the Formal/Limousine version did. With the divider window, you also got a leather seat up front.

If I recall correctly, the Sedan version had 'F23' in the VIN and the Formal version had 'F33'.

The Series 75 is based on the Fleetwood Brougham. They grafted a 2 door rear end onto a 4 door front. The biggest unique parts are the rear doors since they don't have cutouts for the rear fenders. The rear fenders are coupe pieces. The rear interior pieces are a mixture of 4-door, 2-door and unique limo parts.

I have not had this rear apart so I can't comment on any of the internal pieces.

Based on the picture you posted, I don't think this is a Series 75. The rear door window would have a smaller window next to the B pillar and that car doesn't. Here is a picture of our '82 and a '79 for you to compare:

http://www.mindspring.com/~dburden/limo_page.html (http://www.mindspring.com/%7Edburden/limo_page.html)

Dave

Wait, so the Series 75 was the factory limo, right?

So these had 12" drums and 3.08 with Posi as an option?

This is the car in question.... it can't be more then 15mins from me...

Also, the Series 75... Fleetwood Brougham or no? IOW, does this thing have the aluminum hood?

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/b7/97/ea_1.JPG

Night Wolf
01-24-06, 12:45 PM
Ah yes, very true....

I figured I'll forget about it anyway... right now isn't the right time for it :)

N0DIH
01-24-06, 06:02 PM
Series75, you have a sharp blue 82 there! (hey, sounds like a good screenname!)

I never realized the 82 (and what other years, 77-84?) used the Coupe back end, as compared to the others. Looks 10X better in my book!!

It would be coold to just do a regular 4dr FW and put the coupe back end on. Sorta a slightly longer limo. Did they ever do that?

Yes, the Series 75 is the factory limo. There were two versions each year (at lest through 1984, not sure about the FWD 85-87 ones). You could get the Sedan or Formal/Limousine version. The Sedan did not have the glass divider behind the front seat, the Formal/Limousine version did. With the divider window, you also got a leather seat up front.

If I recall correctly, the Sedan version had 'F23' in the VIN and the Formal version had 'F33'.

The Series 75 is based on the Fleetwood Brougham. They grafted a 2 door rear end onto a 4 door front. The biggest unique parts are the rear doors since they don't have cutouts for the rear fenders. The rear fenders are coupe pieces. The rear interior pieces are a mixture of 4-door, 2-door and unique limo parts.

I have not had this rear apart so I can't comment on any of the internal pieces.

Based on the picture you posted, I don't think this is a Series 75. The rear door window would have a smaller window next to the B pillar and that car doesn't. Here is a picture of our '82 and a '79 for you to compare:

http://www.mindspring.com/~dburden/limo_page.html (http://www.mindspring.com/%7Edburden/limo_page.html)

Dave

Bro-Ham
01-25-06, 12:15 AM
Hi,

I had a 1978 Fleetwood factory limousine with under 30k miles a few years ago and loved it! As noted above, the 1977-84 factory limousines are a hybrid of the four door and two door full-size Cadillacs. The rear roofline of the limousine differs from the Coupe deVille, however, since the limousine roofline is more upright, longer, and less angled than the Coupe deVille. The extra space adds more rear headroom and provides greater privacy.

The 1977-84 factory limousines are some of my all time favorite Cads! The long wheelbase gives them an outstanding ride and they are really not all that hard to drive despite the extra length. I sold my '78 Limo to a friend about five years ago and he still absolutely loves the car. Back in the days before rental stretch limos, the factory fleetwood limousine made a very impressive statement.

Dave

Series75
01-25-06, 10:23 AM
I think all the Series 75 cars were a combination of 4-door and coupe parts. Only 2000 or so were produce each year, so it would make sense to use as many standard parts as possible.

The '82 was our first limo as well and wasn't hard to get used to. The long bed 4-door pickups are longer I think. We then stepped up to a 62" stretch 1992 Brougham which was 3 feet longer than the '82 Series 75. Now I'm cruising in a 90" stretch Lincoln TC which does require a little care around tight corners.

Just remember, in 1982 the regular Fleetwood Brougham was around $20,000. The Series 75, only 23" longer listed for $30,000 !

Dave

Night Wolf
01-25-06, 12:53 PM
I think all the Series 75 cars were a combination of 4-door and coupe parts. Only 2000 or so were produce each year, so it would make sense to use as many standard parts as possible.

The '82 was our first limo as well and wasn't hard to get used to. The long bed 4-door pickups are longer I think. We then stepped up to a 62" stretch 1992 Brougham which was 3 feet longer than the '82 Series 75. Now I'm cruising in a 90" stretch Lincoln TC which does require a little care around tight corners.

Just remember, in 1982 the regular Fleetwood Brougham was around $20,000. The Series 75, only 23" longer listed for $30,000 !

Dave

damn... Fleetwood in 1982 was ~$20,000 yet my nicely loaded 1979 DeVille d'Elegance was $13,400 as printed on the window sticker...... talk about inflation...

N0DIH
01-25-06, 02:09 PM
I think my mom paid $25K for her 85 FWB, not D'elegance.... Base is around $19K. I have the window sticker still.

Bro-Ham
01-25-06, 04:19 PM
Series 75,

The Limousine models were always slightly different than the standard full-size Cadillac sedans and coupes. The 1977-84 factory limo models, for instance, have many similar deVille/Fleetwood parts such as door panel bits, yet also have several unique parts and pieces such as: large full back doors that are unique to the Limousine, dutchess straps for the rear compartment, a control panel for climate adjustments and optional secondary radio controls, jump seats/footrests, and the front climate control has a selection for "rear" so the back seat passengers can override the temperature adjustment. Also, the heightened transmission tunnel in the non-divider cars allows heat to come to the rear compartment. Non-divider Limousines used a variation of the standard Fleetwood Brougham interior style although the seat was a full bench. In the 1978 sales brochure, I believe there was a formal roof option with the classic landau bars. The 1979 Fleetwood Brougham interior style stayed in the Limousines through 1984.

The Formal model has the sliding glass division, black leather upholstery/door trim/dash board, bucket seats in the front and cloth available in a number of colors for the rear. There were separate air vents for the rear passengers in the divider wall.

As I noted in a previous posting, the Limousine used a variation of the Coupe deville's back end yet the roof line of the Limousine was far more upright like the sedans. As was classic in the past, the Limousine used less chrome than the Fleetwood Brougham and had none of the "tapered center pillar" as on the Brougham. The Limousine was meant to be classic and dignified and so was not overly loaded with chrome and extra trim as was the case with the extroverted Fleetwood Brougham.

I think my next Cadillac will be a 1977-84 Formal Limousine. The divider is completely classic!

Dave

Night Wolf
01-25-06, 04:45 PM
I never knew that about the Limo.. the front/back... that is so cool!

My grandfathers '71 Fleetwood factory limo IIRC has the divider window IIRC... I know the '79 Contential does but that was a custom strech...

Series75
02-02-06, 06:18 PM
I have a friend who is parting out a '77 Series 75 in the Chicago area. I'm checking to see if the rear end is a posi or not, but it should be the 3.08. Anyone interested?

The frame is rotted on the car, but the engine and tranny are fine in case someone is looking for a 425 and TH400 as well.

Dave