: Finally moved in and settled in Miami.. plus new pics of the car!

96Fleetwood
01-15-06, 04:00 PM
I finally got settled in Miami and have a few pics of our house and the car down here:
http://www.richmonddubs.com/gallery/albums/leloz/161_6157_IMG.jpg
http://www.richmonddubs.com/gallery/albums/leloz/161_6158_IMG.jpg
http://www.richmonddubs.com/gallery/albums/leloz/161_6159_IMG.jpg
http://www.richmonddubs.com/gallery/albums/leloz/161_6161_IMG.jpg
http://www.richmonddubs.com/gallery/albums/leloz/161_6162_IMG.jpg
http://www.richmonddubs.com/gallery/albums/leloz/161_6156_IMG.jpg
I have ordered the suspension setup and should have that in in the next two weeks. I am also getting it tinted on Monday.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-15-06, 06:58 PM
Do you have the corvette valve body on there?
I like the rims!
And I'm envious of your weather!

Eldo1953
01-17-06, 05:49 PM
Looks great!! What suspension setup are you going with?

caddycruiser
01-17-06, 06:04 PM
Just thought of something...in Florida, your Fleetwood must REALLY stand out from the typical white-walled, 15mph driving granny "Boca" cars...:D

Destroyer
01-18-06, 01:27 AM
Nice ride:cool2: and nice place to live. I live in the Tampabay area and I love it. Hurricanes are becoming a real PITA but all in all, I love Florida. As a realtor I know you probably paid a pretty penny for a home in Miami. I myself purchased a really nice 6200 sq ft home recently and I'm loving life right now. Good luck and congrats on your purchase. :highfive:

96Fleetwood
01-18-06, 08:40 AM
Thanks Everyone! I am going with Bilstein shocks and Impala SS springs in the front with heavy duty air shocks in the rear with a slight adjustment of the height sensor.

As for the house, I am renting right now. I am trying to buy this one or another place in the next year or so.:thumbsup:

Hope to meet some fellow Floridian Cadillac enthusiasts! You should see the stares the car gets and the conversations it starts when I stop!!!

caddycruiser
01-18-06, 08:45 AM
Thanks Everyone! I am going with Bilstein shocks and Impala SS springs in the front with heavy duty air shocks in the rear with a slight adjustment of the height sensor.

As for the house, I am renting right now. I am trying to buy this one or another place in the next year or so.:thumbsup:

Hope to meet some fellow Floridian Cadillac enthusiasts! You should see the stares the car gets and the conversations it starts when I stop!!!

Still wondering--with just, basically, the only engine mods being the K&N and the 1LE elbow, what kind of difference over stock did you notice with those?

I want to do pretty much the same setup (looks the cleanest, and I really don't want homemade stuff under the hood...yet...), but I wonder what the real difference in noise, power, etc. is with just those bits? K&N's site lists like an 18-19hp jump with just the intake on a stock SS--sound right?

A little more noise would be cool, but I don't want a lot of whistling or excess roar--it is still a Cadillac afterall. Well, that, and more power is always great to have.

Katshot
01-18-06, 08:50 AM
You chromed the SS wheels! I've often thought about doing that. Tell me more about them. Where did you get them done, how much, do you like the quality, etc. etc.
Good luck with Florida. Too many storms for me. Speaking of Miami, I'll be there to take a cruise at the end of Feb.

caddycruiser
01-18-06, 08:53 AM
You chromed the SS wheels! I've often thought about doing that. Tell me more about them. Where did you get them done, how much, do you like the quality, etc. etc.
Good luck with Florida. Too many storms for me. Speaking of Miami, I'll be there to take a cruise at the end of Feb.

Not to step over his own words, but he bought them new from a dealer over the net, I think. They were apparently chromed a while ago by some company, and just sold that way through the dealer.

That said, I like 'em too:thumbsup:

96Fleetwood
01-18-06, 08:06 PM
Yep! I bought the wheels from a dealer who had them sitting around. They were chromed back in 1996 and were still brand new. I had custom Cadillac centers made to fit in the place of the Impala logo... I like them :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
01-18-06, 08:27 PM
Any comments for me on how the K&N FIPK and 1LE elbow changed your otherwise stock engine car?

96Fleetwood
01-19-06, 08:43 AM
Besides a deeper throaty sound @WOT and making the engine bay look cleaner, I don't think there was much of a peformance gain. I still think it was worth it though :cool2:

caddycruiser
01-19-06, 09:26 AM
Besides a deeper throaty sound @WOT and making the engine bay look cleaner, I don't think there was much of a peformance gain. I still think it was worth it though :cool2:

Oh, okay. That'll help me choose when I finally decide on an intake system;)

Katshot
01-19-06, 09:27 AM
I have the same K&N kit and love it. I think there was a slight gain but I could never verify it. I love the intake roar it allows though. Sounds NICE when revved!

Lord Cadillac
01-19-06, 09:30 AM
Welcome to South Florida! Nice Fleetwood!! :)

caddycruiser
01-19-06, 10:14 AM
I have the same K&N kit and love it. I think there was a slight gain but I could never verify it. I love the intake roar it allows though. Sounds NICE when revved!

Okay, great. Looks and "clean" wise, I like the K&N the most. I think I want something that will improve the sound but also, at least a little, make it feel a tiny bit spunkier. Then again, the car has so much power in pure stock form, anymore might just be overkill for the basic daily/highway driving I'll be doing.

Any improvement in MPG's, or just hardly noticeable also?

The only other thing was whether or not to replace the homeplate via the 1LE elbow, as I had read some reviews where it said it caused unwanted/undesirable noise, but that doesn't sound all that true.

96Fleetwood
01-22-06, 08:44 AM
I have only seen positive results thus far. My gas mileage has decreased, but that is because an exhaust leak and heavy right foot.

caddycruiser
01-22-06, 11:31 AM
I have only seen positive results thus far. My gas mileage has decreased, but that is because an exhaust leak and heavy right foot.

Haha, let me guess: missing manifold bolts? I never did get a chance to check them on my car before I left, so I'm still crossing my fingers.

As far as the intake, still sounds good to me, I guess. All I'll be doing is quite a bit of highway stuff when I do actually drive it, along with some around town--just thought a little more roar and a bit of increased SOTP power feel would be good. Well, that, and whether or not also replacing the homeplate with the 1LE elbow would be worth it. But I don't want something that makes such a little difference over the stock setup that my $200+ seems wasted.