: Body Control Module

757bred
01-15-06, 01:35 PM
Does anyone know where the body control module is located in the catera? Mine needs to be replaced, but I don't know if it is located under the dash, in the cack of the car or under the hood. I'm gonna do it myself the dealership was talking about 860 bucks to replace it. Thanks

CtA318
01-15-06, 02:34 PM
Repair Instructions

Body Control Module Replacement

Removal Procedure

Notice: The BCM electrical connectors are designed with tabs and slots that allow the connectors to only fit one way. The connectors do not require excessive force if being installed correctly. Installing the connectors with the wrong mating half or upside down can cause damage to the connector, the BCM, or other vehicle components or systems.

1. Turn the ignition switch to OFF position.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Remove the right hinge pillar trim finish panel.*
4.Gently separate the retainer (2) from the BCM (1).
5. Slide the BCM (1) out of the guides (3).
6. Remove the BCM from the mounting position.
7. Remove the harness connectors (2 and 3) from the BCM.

The numbers are associated with pictures in the GM Service manual. If I have the time I'll scan them and try and post them.

*This is located on the passenger side of the vehicle near the bottom of the door but not on the door. You have to remove a screw and some other applications to get it off. To remove it pull backwards towards the rear of the car.

Installiation is the same just opposite directions. You can probably figure it out :bulb: .

Hope this helps.

757bred
01-15-06, 03:33 PM
Thanks Man, I appreciate it.