: P0171,0174,0300 99 Cat

Trev'99
01-13-06, 05:46 PM
Just got off the phone with the mechanic after replacing Crank Position Sensor. On top of the 0171, 0174 and misfire codes, I had a 0335 code and a Trans slip code, I think it was 1878. Anyone know if the 335 and 1878 could be related to the CPK? I researched a bunch of info on this site trying to diagnose it without taking it to someone who would check it from head to toe and charge a fortune. I took it to a trusted local shop, and they told they would start with the CPK. They offered the part at $114, and I found it at the dealer for $49. They charged me $130 for the labor. I haven't driven it yet, but they said they retested it, and there are no codes and the CE light is off. I will let you know more tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who posts here for all the invaluable information. I wanted to post this to help out anyone else in the same boat I am in. Hopefully, this is a done deal.
<fingers crossed>

cheryl33
01-15-06, 04:20 PM
I have a P0300 code would that be caused by the Crank Position Sensor. I had first started with the 171 and 174 which the dealership stated it was the catalytic converters. Had them replaced now it has the 300 error codes.

Trev'99
01-16-06, 12:48 PM
As for the 171/174 codes, everything I have read should indicate the O2 sensors or Mass Air Flow Sensor. The 300 code would have something to do with the CKP, but as far as I know, it is not a gaurantee. Some people have said that the misfires came from the coil pack ignition. My check engine light has come back on, but I haven't had it read yet. My car is not hesitating, stalling or lacking any power, so I think I fixed the misfire, but I might still have a bad MAF sensor, so I am going to the shop now for another scan. I'll let you know what I find out.