: Why would you do this to a fleetwood, a must see.

509Rider
01-13-06, 06:33 PM
Whats your opinion?

caddieboy
01-13-06, 06:59 PM
Why would you do this to a fleetwood, a must see.

To compensate for tiny penis? :D

DaveSmed
01-13-06, 07:52 PM
Well, if you always wanted a lifted truck, but the boys in the hood woulda teased ya too much....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-13-06, 08:01 PM
Who I ask you, who???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/berzz/tyrone_biggums.jpg

thats who would do this!

ocjmakaveli
01-13-06, 08:28 PM
That car truly looks stupid but i am in doubt of the validity of this pic....

Maybe the guy was dared or whatever about the biggest size possible on this car etc.

Would someone actually drive a car around looking like that? It's just plain stupid why put $7,000++++ rims on a car and just jack it up all cheezy and make it look stupid.

Just horrible horrible horrible the rims are nice but they belong on an Escalade ESV :D .

Where did you get that pic from?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-13-06, 08:41 PM
Dave, what happened to your '84 BMW?

DaveSmed
01-13-06, 09:09 PM
Dave, what happened to your '84 BMW?
Got hit, i'll PM ya so I dont threadjack...

Adam
01-13-06, 09:09 PM
Whats your opinion?

sadly doing that is getting bigger and bigger down here. i seen a 84 Cutlass and a 84 Fleetwood looking the same way today. it is not my personal style, i think 22s are the biggest you should put on a car, like OCJs that is looks very very nice, but that... no way. to each their own i guess.

JTraik
01-13-06, 09:39 PM
I try to figure out why people mod these luxury cars in the first place no matter what the degree. They are always so tasteless. A Cadillac is a gentleman's car, should be driven and treated like one.

caddydaddy
01-13-06, 10:11 PM
What size are those wagon wheels???

That looks about as tall as my Dads Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 4x4! You could drive over a Toyota and not touch it!

1990CaddyBrougham
01-13-06, 10:19 PM
thats pretty gay.....

nixon186
01-14-06, 12:18 AM
that car is as useful as a screen door on a submarine

DopeStar 156
01-14-06, 01:36 AM
Cause you're a JERK that's why!!!!

The Ape Man
01-14-06, 02:41 AM
Bottom line is if you own the car it is yours to do with as you will. If you have the car, the money and a vision then go for it. This is not a '58 Eldorado Brougham we are talking about here.

Mr_Bam
01-14-06, 03:22 AM
Cause you're a JERK that's why!!!!

Why would that be directed to J?

I would never do that to a car, but I will say that lifting any vehicle isn't an easy task, so I will give them credit there... It started as a Florida style and was quite possibly a morph of auto customization caused from all the flood waters and necessity of being able to drive in said flood waters :dunno:

HotRodSaint
01-14-06, 01:11 PM
In the never ending quest to have bigger wheels than the next guy, this fad has emerged.

I like my 18" wheels, and I will slalom race anyone who thinks that their larger diameter tires have greatly improved their handling! :thumbsup:

If having wheels on my car makes you think that I'm a lowbrow instead of a gentleman, then I have also accomplished another goal of distancing myself from the snobs!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-06, 01:30 PM
To answer the original question:

The owner, quite simply is a moron on a whole new level, plain and simple, plain and simple

marinoman13
01-14-06, 02:28 PM
i play softball with a guy with mudders on a 79 eldorado, its like a train wreck

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-06, 02:41 PM
Whoa Marino man, I didnt notice you were from the Twin Cities too!

There are a few of us from the Twin Cities area on here:
I'm from Eagan
Addison II is from st paul also IIRC
90Brougham350 is from Stillwater
Bro-Ham sometimes is in Hudson

Welcome!

509Rider
01-14-06, 05:17 PM
Cause you're a JERK that's why!!!!Me, or the guy that built this car?

JTraik
01-14-06, 05:44 PM
In the never ending quest to have bigger wheels than the next guy, this fad has emerged.
I like my 18" wheels, and I will slalom race anyone who thinks that their larger diameter tires have greatly improved their handling! :thumbsup:

Simmer down there buddy. I happen to think your wheels are very classy. I think its safe to say that you actually thought about that installation unlike some who just slap wheels on, they fit the car pretty well. I think its just stupid when people put 100000 spoke wheels or some other exotic design on and drop the car to the ground... or in this thread, jack it to the sky. These modifications are better fitted for shitty foreign cars.

If having wheels on my car makes you think that I'm a lowbrow instead of a gentleman, then I have also accomplished another goal of distancing myself from the snobs!!

Ive got 5 RollsRoyces, and no RR clubmember i know changes anything on them. If anyone would like to rebut saying,

"Well those are RR's why would anyone do that anyway"

Then your simply saying Cadillac is not a comparable auto... I strongly disagree!

FASSTWOOD
01-14-06, 06:15 PM
I love that color I sprayed a 79 coupe deville that color... Thats about all i like though...:hmm:

LaneWvr
01-14-06, 06:59 PM
:vomit: Thats horrible! Big wheels on newer cars, okay. Looks good on some newer cars, but on anything old school it's just not right!

caddydaddy
01-14-06, 09:19 PM
:vomit: Thats horrible! Big wheels on newer cars, okay. Looks good on some newer cars, but on anything old school it's just not right!

LOL, since when is a 90's Fleetwood "Old school" :thepan:

HotRodSaint
01-14-06, 09:21 PM
Ive got 5 RollsRoyces, and no RR clubmember i know changes anything on them.

I've long wanted to hot rod a Silver Dawn or Silver Cloud I/II!

I used to think a blown 454 would be a very nice addition to the engine compartment, but now I think the V12 from the new Phantom would be better.

DaveDeVille
01-14-06, 10:58 PM
I think he meant the guy who built the "car".

ocjmakaveli
01-15-06, 02:19 AM
Simmer down there buddy. I happen to think your wheels are very classy. I think its safe to say that you actually thought about that installation unlike some who just slap wheels on, they fit the car pretty well. I think its just stupid when people put 100000 spoke wheels or some other exotic design on and drop the car to the ground... or in this thread, jack it to the sky. These modifications are better fitted for shitty foreign cars.

Ive got 5 RollsRoyces, and no RR clubmember i know changes anything on them. If anyone would like to rebut saying,

"Well those are RR's why would anyone do that anyway"

Then your simply saying Cadillac is not a comparable auto... I strongly disagree!

You have 5 rolls royces and you didn't put any of them under your name in cars setting........:Poke: not very plausible to say the least

I would strongly agree a cadillac worth $40,000 new is the same or even better than a RR of over $300,000 value :Poke:

this topic is dead anyhow people will just make bigger false statements in the following posts...

BluEyes
01-15-06, 01:00 PM
I wonder what the heck they did with the front suspension to get it like that? I'm pretty sure the stock setup doesn't have that kind of extension!
And, look under there. Sure looks like stock brakes. Bet that thing can't stop worth a d@mn!

Maybe the owner just hated crawling under the car to do oil changes?

I will say this though. At least the car isn't being scrapped or crushed or demo-derbied. With that kind of money into the rims, the odds are the person is taking good care of the car (rims notwithstranding).
So, when he either gets tired of the car, or when the fad changes, another Caddy fan can pick up the car, probably put it back to the right ride height, and we will still have a beautiful car on the road.

Hey, how do I list my cars under the "ownership:" part. Never have figured out how. Someone PM me please. Sorry, no RR's to list...

lacmang
01-15-06, 06:46 PM
Too many people with money and bad taste.
I can't understand why that retarded looking style is so popular in Florida and Georgia. It makes your car handle horribly, is bad on your axles and looks horrible. Rims that are too small suck and rims that are too big do also, all you need is rims that are proportionate to your wheel well, big enough to fill it without scraping the wheel well or raising your car like a monster truck. No smaller than 15" but no bigger than 22".

Adam
01-15-06, 07:47 PM
Too many people with money and bad taste.
I can't understand why that retarded looking style is so popular in Florida and Georgia.

it is popular in Tennessee also, it is getting bigger and bigger round here. seen a fwd Coupe Deville like that today... that car wont last long :banghead:. i dont care for it but i got friends that are leaving the lowriding scene and doing that to their cars. i also seen a mid 80s Regal like that today.

addison_ii
01-15-06, 08:00 PM
THREAD HIJACK BEGIN* marinoman13 welcome from a TwinCities transplant THREAD HIJACK END*

That car is very stupid looking but to each his own.

ShadowLvr400
01-16-06, 04:23 AM
That does not look good.

Mr_Bam
01-16-06, 02:22 PM
i dont care for it but i got friends that are leaving the lowriding scene and doing that to their cars.

I would suspect that they were only "lowriders" because it was a "fad" :yup:

I think all the time that goes into a car like that (or any other NONstock car) should be respected... Even if you don't agree, not everyone has the same vision when building cars... :thumbsup:

Personally, I think anyone who rolls stock probably has no personality!!!

layabout
02-02-06, 11:47 AM
I think its hilarious!
The thought process that must've been going on in his head just boggles the mind.

N0DIH
02-02-06, 12:00 PM
I'm betting it is still a photoshop job, doesn't look right....

Think of it as a Budget Escalade, or maybe a Escalade Prototype....

Adam
02-02-06, 07:29 PM
I would suspect that they were only "lowriders" because it was a "fad" :yup:

no, some of these guys have been lowriding for a very long time. even build lowriders (and still do) but they have put all stock parts and rewelded everything back to factory and then throw some 24-26s on their cars and i just laugh at them. unfortunately the only "fad" around here is dressing like rednecks and driving riced out cars listening to 50 cent or country, or driving jacked up trucks. lowriding has never been the cool thing to do around here.

509Rider
02-02-06, 10:06 PM
Sellouts, and here is another pic to turn you stomach. Same car painted, would look real nice with wheels that fit.

hotrodlincoln460
02-03-06, 04:21 PM
heres another one for you

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/743055

why would you only shave the inner handles???

Kev
02-03-06, 05:01 PM
They are looking more and more like the first "Hot Wheels" cars did with the oversized wheels.

Adam
02-03-06, 05:44 PM
Sellouts, and here is another pic to turn you stomach. Same car painted, would look real nice with wheels that fit.

that other Fleetwood looks pretty nice... i hope they dont do the same thing.

lacmang
02-08-06, 06:16 AM
I got one word for that style..."gay"