: My new '95 FWB!!!

caddycruiser
01-12-06, 10:25 PM
Got it!!!

Took me a little while, but I made the dealer an offer of $4500 (they wanted $4995 cash or $6995 financed through them) on Tuesday night, and got a call back Wednesday morning accepting that figure. Then just had to get the check and the insurance in place today, and off my father and I went to the dealer.

He wanted to check it out himself before I signed anything, which turned out to be a GREAT idea. Fluids wise, it definitely is going to need an oil change soon—didn’t look so great, and the little “next service” sticker on the windshield said it was due a while ago, at least timewise. Checked the transmission fluid and said it was just a little funny smelling—not bad, just “funny". Probably will just get it changed.

Otherwise, water pump seems fine and the only visible leak/dribble was oil near the rear of the engine, possibly around the oil filter spot. Other possibility is the rear main seal (I’m hoping not), but it was more of just a couple little drops on the block, and nothing that was coming out visibly. Looked very minor to my father, and not much of a concern right this minute. And, where the body and interior is concerned the car is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L, and even better than our very nice ’93.

Want to know the best part of all today? I let my father do the test drive this time around and he was taking it easy at first, just listening for odd noises and testing the brakes and steering. THEN, he went into one of the median turn-arounds in the highway and punched it to get moving…let’s just say he slid the car out and remarked “Holy Shit! I guess an LT1 really does have some juice…this thing is a LOT faster than ours.” This is the first time EVER, that I’ve seen my dad astounded by and smiling after something he did in a car…

Finally decided the minor little bugs were nothing big to worry about, and started signing. Leaving, the fuel gauge was devoid of any bars and the low light was on, so the gas station was stop number one. From there, we just came home, him following me in a “mini Fleetwood Brougham” parade that really got some stares…

Also, have to say that, when we got home, he then remarked “your car feels a LOT different than mine—after driving yours, mine felt loose and all over the place on the road.” The ’95 has 117k on it (vs. the ‘93s 103k), but it feels a lot tighter overall, has much better steering feel, and doesn’t have nearly the float of the ’93—feels like a much newer, fresher car actually. I really fell in love with this beast after the drive home.

Has blackwalls (still debating the looks…), but they’re relatively fresh Michelin X-ones and seem to really make the car ride and handle well, so they aren’t going anywhere soon, even if they are a little ugly. Also, I have to fix the kick panel under the steering wheel, since it’s loose and hanging down for some reason, but again, no biggie.

Did I say I LOVE, LOVE this car?!? I used to think our ’93 was awesome, but my new ’95 completely blows its socks off and is easily a nicer ride. The color combo is also GORGEOUS, the Marblehead Met. outside and Lt. Neutral inside. Well, that, and now that I’ve not only experienced but OWN an LT1 car, I can’t believe I waited so long!

Here’s some night pics, as I forgot to take my camera to the dealer and then didn’t get back until dark. More to come tomorrow!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0070.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0072.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0073.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0082.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0083.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0075.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0077.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0085.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0079.jpg

caddycruiser
01-12-06, 10:29 PM
And some more:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0084.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0093.jpg

And, any idea what this means?
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0091.jpg
I figured some sort of recall/TSB, but wondered if anyone knew what, specifically, it was for.

caddycruiser
01-12-06, 10:31 PM
I LOVE this car!!!

Adam
01-12-06, 10:36 PM
ah man that is nice and i am jealous. here you are with two Fleetwoods and i cant even find one! must be nice to own two of my dream cars. very nice and cant wait to see the daytime pics. these are the most beautiful cars ever made, i dont care what anyone says. congratulations on the purchase, very nice! good luck with her.

Adam
01-12-06, 10:38 PM
oh if the tranny thing is anything like my 95 Continental there is a plate that stops the mechanics from being able to change it. i was told the same thing about the smell and they got into it to change it and couldnt. so good luck, there is nothing wrong with the tranny...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-12-06, 10:43 PM
Very nice!

That thing sure is massive compared to my deVille, and it looks like its in a lot better condition than the one I looked at!

Congradulations! :thumbsup:

Now just wait until you're next to an unsuspecting ricer at a stoplight, then you'll really be proud of the LT1!

caddycruiser
01-12-06, 10:43 PM
oh if the tranny thing is anything like my 95 Continental there is a plate that stops the mechanics from being able to change it. i was told the same thing about the smell and they got into it to change it and couldnt. so good luck, there is nothing wrong with the tranny...

Yeah, it's really not a "bad" thing, just that he mentioned it smelled a little different. Shifts flawlessly and runs like new in general, so I'm not too worried.

caddycruiser
01-12-06, 10:46 PM
ah man that is nice and i am jealous. here you are with two Fleetwoods and i cant even find one! must be nice to own two of my dream cars. very nice and cant wait to see the daytime pics. these are the most beautiful cars ever made, i dont care what anyone says. congratulations on the purchase, very nice! good luck with her.

Yeah, I know. Even before with both the Roadmaster and Fleetwood, it never really hit me. NOW with 3 of them out there, it really looks like some kind of a B and D body meet...except that they're all ours, collectively:yup:

The neighbors are REALLY going to start to wonder...and be jealous...:)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-13-06, 12:39 AM
with those 3 big "mob cars" people may think that theres a meeting of the "three families" or something like that :p

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-13-06, 12:41 AM
Also, dont forget to change your ownership thing in your profile!

caddycruiser
01-13-06, 08:38 AM
Also, dont forget to change your ownership thing in your profile!

I know. Thanks though, as I just remembered that:thumbsup:

The Roadie and Suburban are out for the day, but I was still too excited and went out to take a couple foggy/dew-covered pics:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0099.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/DSCF0100.jpg

The dealer did a pretty good job shining it up (not that it was ever really even dirty before), but it's going to be about 60 and sunny today, so I plan on doing at least a little detailing up to my standards. I'll take more pics and post them then.

This car is REALLY making the '93 seem not as nice as I once thought before--still a great car, but just can't compare to the '95 in a lot of ways. I'm SO glad I ended up finding and buying such a great '95 with all the improvements (LT1, nicer mirrors) and not settling for another '93 like I thought I wanted to do. A little pressing of the gas pedal sealed that deal in my mind...:yup:

caddycruiser
01-13-06, 09:08 AM
Bunch of new daytime pics (still haven't done anymore detailing yet, though):

http://photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/

Now, of course, it's supposed to downpour tomorrow and maybe even snow on Sunday. Then I have to go back to school on Monday, so I won't get to drive it again until March...ugh...

Adam
01-13-06, 04:30 PM
like i said very nice. i like the heritage badge... but uh you need to go out and buy 9 more Cadillacs so that it will be true ;) :D .

caddieboy
01-13-06, 04:33 PM
Bunch of new daytime pics (still haven't done anymore detailing yet, though):

http://photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/

Now, of course, it's supposed to downpour tomorrow and maybe even snow on Sunday. Then I have to go back to school on Monday, so I won't get to drive it again until March...ugh...

Damn sweet wheels! I love the massive grill on these cars. Is it much bigger or the same as the 95? And does that gold heritage emblem come off the grill easy?

caddycruiser
01-13-06, 06:46 PM
Damn sweet wheels! I love the massive grill on these cars. Is it much bigger or the same as the 95? And does that gold heritage emblem come off the grill easy?

Uh, the car IS a '95, so not sure what you meant about the grille--it's identical to the one on the white '93 sitting next to it, as are a lot of things.

As for the emblem, it's just a simple little bracket and screw clipping it onto the grille, so it can very easily be changed. I have a new one I bought off Ebay that, instead of a number, just says "Cadillac" in the center. I was going to swap them, but decided just to keep that one on there for the time being and keep mine nice and new in its box...well, at least for a while, I think.

Have to drive the '93 some more tomorrow to work, since my '95 is on ramps being inspected by "mechanic dad" for a bit, and it's the first time I'm not fully looking forward to it...can't believe how sloppy it feels on the road in comparison to the '95. So much so in fact, we're really wondering what is wrong/worn out in the '93...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-13-06, 07:04 PM
When driving that car, you feel like you're driving a tank due to the high beltline, (extremely)deep dash, and long hood, atleast it feels like a tank when you're 5'6" tall.

That car is in much better shape than the '94 FWB I looked at a week ago, and that '94 had 20k less miles on it!

Adam
01-13-06, 08:27 PM
When driving that car, you feel like you're driving a tank due to the high beltline, (extremely)deep dash, and long hood, atleast it feels like a tank when you're 5'6" tall.

That car is in much better shape than the '94 FWB I looked at a week ago, and that '94 had 20k less miles on it!

you get used to it after a while and then it doesnt seem as big anymore. it really doesnt. the first couple of weeks that i drove it i was like man this thing is huge. took a few tries to park it and if it didnt work i just looked someplace else. once i got used to it though i played around with it like it was a little sport car. it was sad to see her hauled off on that roll back. it was funny though cause they brought the smaller one they use for cars and had to go back and get the larger ones they use for trucks. ha she still hung over and her face was smashed in! oh how i miss her. i seen a mid 90s MB E 430 today and it looked big... oh this is not good...

caddycruiser
01-13-06, 09:28 PM
you get used to it after a while and then it doesnt seem as big anymore. it really doesnt. the first couple of weeks that i drove it i was like man this thing is huge. took a few tries to park it and if it didnt work i just looked someplace else. once i got used to it though i played around with it like it was a little sport car. it was sad to see her hauled off on that roll back. it was funny though cause they brought the smaller one they use for cars and had to go back and get the larger ones they use for trucks. ha she still hung over and her face was smashed in! oh how i miss her. i seen a mid 90s MB E 430 today and it looked big... oh this is not good...

Yeah, actually, none of our 3 cars ever really struck me as "wow, this might take some practice". I just got it, and was immediately comfortable with them...well, except for the tiny mirrors, but I adjusted to that.

Actually, the '93 feels a little like the titanic since it floats around and has such loose steering, especially compared to my tight '95, but even it isn't *that* bad...mom doesn't like driving it because "my Suburban is quicker and steers a lot better." Oh well...

caddycruiser
01-13-06, 09:42 PM
Everything is looking good on "mah car":D

Re-checked for what we thought might have been an oil leak to see where it was coming from, and it just looks like the usual little dribble on the cooler lines--exactly the same as the '93.

Still will need an oil change and definately should be getting new trans fluid and filter just to be on the safe side with that, but otherwise all is well. Hope it stays that way too, and should since it was clearly a 1 owner garage queen that had every last bit of maintenance on time.

Really wish the rain and possible snow would stay away, because I have some more work to do in cleaning up a few bits and fixing a few minor things, but oh well...there's always spring break in March.

caddycruiser
01-13-06, 09:55 PM
Need some help...anyone ever take off or get back on the kick panel under the steering wheel? Mine is hanging loose on the lower side, but isn't broken or anything...I just CANNOT figure out how to get the damn lower end re-attached properly.

The service manual shows 2 little C-clip type brackets, but are those somehow hidden above the panel, inside? Looks like they should be visible in the manual, but I can't see anything in either the '93 or the '95 that needs it fixed.

brougham_geezer
01-13-06, 11:18 PM
Man, I really love the car. I'll need to go for a cruise sometime haha. Congrats! I've always loved the big, round, full look of these RWD 90s Cads. Reminds me a bit of the 1969-1973 full-size Mopar with the "fuselage" styling, which I adore as well. Dad's friend has a blue '69 300C Convertible. Fantastic looks. Swoopy, like your cars.

The Buick is one sexy vehicle as well. Are those factory rims of some sort on it? Also, what do the gas/brake pedal covers look like in all three of these vehicles? Are they rubber, or with stainless trim? On these 90s FWB, are they still the big floor mounted pedals?

caddycruiser
01-14-06, 07:43 AM
Man, I really love the car. I'll need to go for a cruise sometime haha. Congrats! I've always loved the big, round, full look of these RWD 90s Cads. Reminds me a bit of the 1969-1973 full-size Mopar with the "fuselage" styling, which I adore as well. Dad's friend has a blue '69 300C Convertible. Fantastic looks. Swoopy, like your cars.
The Buick is one sexy vehicle as well. Are those factory rims of some sort on it? Also, what do the gas/brake pedal covers look like in all three of these vehicles? Are they rubber, or with stainless trim? On these 90s FWB, are they still the big floor mounted pedals?

Actually, the wheels are just the standard fare aluminum ones that come on all the Fleetwoods with the Brougham option--I really like them too, just like on our '93, but might end up getting a chrome plated set of them if I decide to.

As for the pedals, on the Fleetwood's, they're your typical rubber ones that "hang". Strangely enough, I think the ones in our Roadmaster are actually a little different, being a combination of like metal trim with rubber step pads--they actually look like more of a luxury piece. That, and for some reason, I'm thinking the gas pedal in the Buick is bottom mounted to the floor, but I could be wrong (can't remember). Then again, pedals are pedals, and I never look at them when I drive:cool2:

And again, thanks for the comments!:bouncy:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-06, 09:38 AM
Caddycruiser, if you're ever out in MN, I wanna race you.
Your car appears to be more powerful, (+60hp) but my car weighs about 800 lbs less so they have similar power to weight ratios. And I've always wanted to see how my 4.9 stacks up against an LT1!

1995 Fleetwood Brougham: 17.22 lb/hp
4478 lbs, 260 hp & 330lb/ft

1992 Sedan deVille: 17.95 lb/hp
3591 lbs, 200 hp & 275 lb/ft

caddycruiser
01-14-06, 04:18 PM
Your car appears to be more powerful, (+60hp) but my car weighs about 800 lbs less so they have similar power to weight ratios. And I've always wanted to see how my 4.9 stacks up against an LT1!

Haha, yeah...NO races for now, just nice, easy, gentle cruising with the occasional little burst of acceleration to put a smile on my face:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-06, 04:39 PM
Yeah thats better anyways, I'm pretty sure I wrecked my LSD doing burnouts and racing and stuff in my Roadie. :banghead:
I learned my lesson there :(

LaneWvr
01-14-06, 06:10 PM
Nice purchase! Thats my next Caddy or a 60's Deville.

LaneWvr
01-14-06, 06:11 PM
those tire most likely have white walls on the inside, you gotta flip them. Those blackwalls bug me.

caddycruiser
01-14-06, 11:54 PM
those tire most likely have white walls on the inside, you gotta flip them. Those blackwalls bug me.

Like I said before, no they aren't. I even had checked this beforehand on the net and they're *supposed* to be whitewalls in this size (Michelin X-One), but these are black on both sides. Doesn't bug me as much anymore, and they're such a damn nice tire otherwise, that they're staying for a while...ugly or not;) But still, yeah, I understand the "bug me" or "odd" comments about them, too.

caddycruiser
01-15-06, 12:02 AM
----

addison_ii
01-15-06, 12:16 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I'm jealous. I want one!!

scurling
01-15-06, 12:37 PM
Very nice car. Look like you got a nice deal on it too. The little things you find wrong come witht he territory or a 11 year old car. The exterior looks very good from the pictures.

Nice find!

caddycruiser
01-15-06, 01:39 PM
Very nice car. Look like you got a nice deal on it too. The little things you find wrong come witht he territory or a 11 year old car. The exterior looks very good from the pictures.
Nice find!

Precisely my thoughts. There were several possible choices I came up with as far as cars I could actually afford and WANT to have. That being said, very few 11 year old cars with over 100k miles aren't going to need something, little or big, but I figured a car like the Fleetwood that offered Caddy luxury but mostly all run of the mill Chevy bones would be the ideal used car value.

So far, it's worked with the '93 FWB and '92 Roadie out in the driveway, and the total maintenance costs on those so far have been small. Still not a huge fan of GM on the whole, but they obviously did SOMETHING right with these cars.

This is how my "to do" list looks right now:
-Fix the loose kick panel
-Look at and fix/replace the power lock button on the driver's door panel
-Finish cleaning the leather and getting it all dressed/protected, along with the rest of the interior
-Get the transmission fluid and filter changed, along with flushing the power steering fluid
-Etc., etc.

All just dribble considering how nice the car is on the whole and how little I paid for it;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-15-06, 02:16 PM
Caddycruiser,

When you push the lock button on your driver's door, does it lock all the doors except the driver's door?

My deville does that too, and I guess a lot of caddies have that.

caddycruiser
01-15-06, 03:22 PM
Caddycruiser,

When you push the lock button on your driver's door, does it lock all the doors except the driver's door?

My deville does that too, and I guess a lot of caddies have that.

No, actually, the problem is that the bottom end (Lock) of the button sinks in when you go to push it, so you can only unlock from that one--the top end can still be pushed and operated correctly. I'm not sure if it's just off the track, misaligned, or what, but it should be a quick and easy fix.

scurling
01-16-06, 01:28 AM
Hey, the drivers door on one of my '94 Ftwds does the same thing. The bottome of the lock is pushed in. Still works and hasn't been any trouble. I'm just real careful with it.

LaneWvr
01-16-06, 05:08 AM
I bet they ride nice!

N0DIH
01-16-06, 10:51 AM
Doubt it, it is hell on them when you have one tire off the ground or on slick surface and one not and you punch it. But if both are on equal traction surface and you get them loose and smokin, you are ok. That is actually relatively easy on the drivetrain. But when on a surface where one tire wants to hook up, and one isn't that is hard on it. Once they are spinning, the forces are not near as bad and being fully hooked up.

More of less anything that promotes spinning of one tire more than the other is what is harder on it, as it has to allow for differentiation and that means clutch slippage, which wears. But if both tires are spinning at same speed, LSD has no wear going on.

Congrats on the new ride!! It looks great!!!

Yeah thats better anyways, I'm pretty sure I wrecked my LSD doing burnouts and racing and stuff in my Roadie. :banghead:
I learned my lesson there :(

N0DIH
01-16-06, 11:00 AM
I have had a 1991 SDV 4.9L and now an LT1 FWB. The 4.9L is a good runner, but the LT1 will tromp hard on it. At least mine will. I have the factory 3.42's and the 4.9's have 2.73's unless you have a Touring Sedan (which in 1991 has 3.33's). The powerband on the 4.9 really peters out around 4500 rpm, the LT1 is strong into the 5300-5500 range. The LT1 hits >300 lb/ft torque at 1600 rpm, the 4.9L not until higher like 2400-2800 rpm to get near peak. And the 4.9L car has a much harder time hooking up traction, where the FWB has (or can) an easier time. The 4,9L FWD cars can get a LSD installed, but $$. That would help them imessurably. Before you race make sure the rear air shocks are full putting more pressure on the front wheels to hook up. Despite the heavy weight on the FWB, some of the wieght is in the right place (behind the back tires) helping hookup. I plan on getting some airbags soon for mine till I get my posi installed. I have it, just need warm weather and time.

Even Illumina's mildly modded 4.9L only got 15.33 in a light 91 Seville. And that was a lot of $$ into it too.

I am in SE WI, not too far, if you ever get by I43 near Beloit, look me up!

260 hp / 5.7L = 45 hp/liter LT1
200 hp / 4.9L = 40 hp/liter
200 hp / 4.3L = 46 hp/liter L99 ("baby LT1", 265 CID V8, w/long rods)

You are correct, it should be a closer match, with similar gearing, it is, but with better gearing on the LT1, is isn't much of a match. The SB Chevy likes to rev, the 4.9L isn't so thrilled about it. The cam isn't the greatest for anything in the upper rpm range. The heads are still old school port design, the LT1's have excellent heads. Now, if the LT1 ports/chambers were put on the 4.9L with a similar cam that the LT1 has (the L99's made 200 hp same cam and heads, and 4.3L) it would be more like 235-240 hp, and likely able to nail a FWB with an LT1 pretty well.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-06, 01:04 PM
Yeah I remember the LT1 had a lot more high RPM power, you can really feel the 4.9 drop off after about 4500rpm, whereas the LT1 pulls all the way to redline.

N0DIH, in post #37, were you referring to my post about burnouts killing my LSD in the Roadie? I have done many of them where I would get both tires to spin, but I remember I did one that lasted into 2nd gear (43mph) that only got the right tire to spin. And since that, it always would make a clunking noise when going from 1st to 2nd under a somewhat heavy throttle input.

I would like to race you if im ever in your area, but I'm pretty positive I would lose because you have the 3.42's not the Fleetwoods 2.56's or the standard FWB's 2.93:1 setup. The 4.9 with it's more narrow powerband and 2.73 FDR wouldn't be able to keep up. But it would be neat to see :)

caddycruiser
01-16-06, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the rest of the comments guys!

I just got back to school and boy am I ever missing it! It was promised that "Don't worry--we'll take good care of your car." Yeah...I should have had them sign in blood.

That being said, I ordered a custom-fit Tyvek car cover last night, since it will be sitting outside in the elements like all our other cars, and because I want to try and keep it as primo as possible. Hope the cover is a good idea...;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-06, 03:12 PM
They make a car cover big enough?!?! :bonkers:

haha just kidding!

caddycruiser
01-16-06, 03:32 PM
They make a car cover big enough?!?! :bonkers:
haha just kidding!

I guess so...but I'm really anxious to see the thing. It must be like the size of a bed sheet for a whale...:eek:

Found it on Ebay, while just looking around at some random Fleetwood stuff, actually. Wanted something that would work well outside 24/7 and protect the car, but not be insanely expensive. Hopefully, all will turn out well with it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-06, 03:58 PM
Are you planning to do any modifications to the car to make it "yours" or do you wanna leave it stock?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-06, 03:59 PM
I guess so...but I'm really anxious to see the thing. It must be like the size of a bed sheet for a whale...:eek:

It's a circus tent.

caddycruiser
01-16-06, 04:07 PM
It's a circus tent.

Haha, probably. My father said it would be stupid to put one on, but after seeing how much crap was laying on the car after only one windy night and knowing how the sun faded out pieces of trim that used to be perfect on his '93, it WILL be covered when not in use.

I just hope it fits well and works as advertised:thumbsup: I'll have my brother take some pics and send them to me when he it arrives and he gets it on.

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 12:45 AM
Here's the "circus tent". My brother finally got around to giving the car a quick wash job, then he and my dad got this big thing on--and sent me a picture today.

It isn't custom-fit like I had thought, but close enough and the material is very nice, especially for what I paid. Made out of Tyvek, like the house-wrap stuff.

They told me it got a little tight in the front because of the hood ornament and license plate bracket, but still fits nicely.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/carcoveron.jpg

Even if it doesn't get used all that much when I finally get back to driving the car again, at least it offers some protection from the elements at our garage-less home. After seeing quite a few trim pieces fade considerably on the '93, despite my best maintenance efforts, I don't want the same to happen to this once garage queen that doesn't yet have a a faded mark anywhere.

davesdeville
02-12-06, 06:01 AM
Think there's a chance that might fit my 75 Deville? 93-96s are 225," the 75 is 231" in length. Width is within 2" IIRC. All the car covers I've run across reccomended up to like 221" or something like that.

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 11:00 AM
Think there's a chance that might fit my 75 Deville? 93-96s are 225," the 75 is 231" in length. Width is within 2" IIRC. All the car covers I've run across reccomended up to like 221" or something like that.

Possibly, but this one was apparently a bit snug as is. Might work on a differently shaped car, but I'm not sure.

Here's the link of the Ebay store where I got it. The seller lists them all by specific models, a lot of which are older, so you could send him a message and see what he has or can suggest. They aren't custom-fit, but they seem to all be pretty close, and he offers a wide selection of different materials.

http://stores.ebay.com/valuedeals4u_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-12-06, 01:43 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%2095%20Fleetwood/carcoveron.jpg

Hey! Look! It looks like it's got an erection!

hahaha!

96Fleetwood
02-12-06, 01:47 PM
Haha, nice! My car sits under a similar cover under the carport. Have to keep the beautys out of the elements somehow! Mine no longer has the "erection" now that the hood ornament is gone.

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 02:17 PM
Haha, nice! My car sits under a similar cover under the carport. Have to keep the beautys out of the elements somehow! Mine no longer has the "erection" now that the hood ornament is gone.

LOL...that's exactly what I was thinking when I first saw the pic:histeric:

KaddyKat
02-12-06, 04:13 PM
Here's the "circus tent". My brother finally got around to giving the car a quick wash job, then he and my dad got this big thing on--and sent me a picture today.

It isn't custom-fit like I had thought, but close enough and the material is very nice, especially for what I paid. Made out of Tyvek, like the house-wrap stuff.

They told me it got a little tight in the front because of the hood ornament and license plate bracket, but still fits nicely.

Even if it doesn't get used all that much when I finally get back to driving the car again, at least it offers some protection from the elements at our garage-less home. After seeing quite a few trim pieces fade considerably on the '93, despite my best maintenance efforts, I don't want the same to happen to this once garage queen that doesn't yet have a a faded mark anywhere.

Nice, cut off the end of a plastic water or soda bottle and place over the ornament. This will keep the crest points from wearing through the cover over time and help even out the pressure.

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 04:27 PM
Nice, cut off the end of a plastic water or soda bottle and place over the ornament. This will keep the crest points from wearing through the cover over time and help even out the pressure.

Good thinking--I'll have to suggest that to the bro:thumbsup:

fullserviceman
02-12-06, 09:14 PM
looks like a morgue photo to me but im sure whats under the sheet is anything but dead

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-12-06, 09:15 PM
That is a bigass corpse ;)

caddycruiser
02-12-06, 09:22 PM
Oh, WOW, I never thought of it that way:rolleyes:

Trust me, the beast underneath is alive and VERY well;)

fullserviceman
02-13-06, 08:16 PM
always loved the fleetwoods especially when they put the chevy good for 500,000 mile drivetrain in. My deville is down and I happened to drive by this dealership here that had a 1995 FWB not sure on miles but it was the cleanest car by far that I have ever seen. I called them thismorning and they said it was sold:( I asked how much? they said $2995.00 I damn near puked!!!

caddycruiser
02-13-06, 08:38 PM
always loved the fleetwoods especially when they put the chevy good for 500,000 mile drivetrain in. My deville is down and I happened to drive by this dealership here that had a 1995 FWB not sure on miles but it was the cleanest car by far that I have ever seen. I called them thismorning and they said it was sold:( I asked how much? they said $2995.00 I damn near puked!!!

Wow, that's an awesome price for a '95, as long as it wasn't loaded to the max with miles or torn up. I paid $4500, but the car is most definately worth that, given the condition and the mileage, and to me, just because it was probably the closest to home I was ever going to find one.

For a LONG time, I was fully prepared to "settle" for another '93 like we already had, figuring that a newer LT1 car was going to be out of the budget, but then this one popped up.

It was at a local, but well-known, used car dealer who can sometimes have some real dogs on the lot, but this car stood out. When I finally went to sign the papers and pick it up, the salesman showed me all the original paperwork that was with the car when they got it and looked up in his computer when it was they got it and where it was from--apparently had been there since the beginning of December (I bought on January 12th), and was a new car trade-in at a big new car dealership not far away, but the mileage was a bit higher than what they usually stock on their used lot (117k)....hence, this smaller used car place got it.

When I first went to look at it after finding it on AutoTrader.com, they kind of went "Oh..you're another one from the AutoTrader ad", so I thought a lot of people must have been coming by to look at and drive it. Then when I was signing the papers, I asked if anyone else had seriously looked at it and he said there were 2 other guys, one who said he wanted it, but had to make 2 more payments on his current car, and another who seemed really interested...but, on the whole, that the interest in it wasn't overwhelming.

It's definately an oddball car, at least from the rarity factor, and I'm just glad to have found one in such nice shape, such a beautiful color combo, and that was maintained so well by the original Caddy-only older couple (the Heritage medallion on the grille is #11). I thought our white '93 was nice, but this car has it beat...definately;)

Just a few minor trim bits to work on, and hopefully get a set of factory chromed Brougham wheels and new whitewalls, and it REALLY will be set.

JimHare
02-13-06, 10:53 PM
Just wanted to add my somewhat belated congrats - that looks like a very nice FWB..good deal. Take care of it...

Jim

caddycruiser
02-13-06, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to add my somewhat belated congrats - that looks like a very nice FWB..good deal. Take care of it...

Jim

Thanks, will do:thumbsup:

I'm itching to get back and see it again...it's been over a month that I've been away:(

Oh well, a little more than 2 weeks...

Lord Cadillac
02-14-06, 01:55 AM
I LOVE this car!!!

I know exactly how you feel. I had the same car.. Just don't make a bad move like I did and sell it thinking you'd rather have something more technologically advanced - like my 2000 DeVille DTS.. I miss the Fleetwood Brougham...

caddycruiser
02-14-06, 09:18 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I had the same car.. Just don't make a bad move like I did and sell it thinking you'd rather have something more technologically advanced - like my 2000 DeVille DTS.. I miss the Fleetwood Brougham...

I haven't gotten the "itch" yet, like I usually do even when someone else in the house buys a new car, but that's probably because I've only driven the darn thing 3 times...

Should be a good car relationship, and I have mental plans to keep it for as long as physically possible...so we'll see...:)

96Fleetwood
02-14-06, 09:34 AM
When I graduated college I bought a new "fancy" car as my daily driver and the only thing I miss is the manual shifting and crisp handling (I modified it extensively). 2 years later I went to medical school and was forced to sell the car due to financial reasons.... 1.5 years later I am in my 1996 Fleetwood and I would not trade it for anything but my Dad's 2006 Charger SRT-8. I always have been a Cadillac guy at heart and this Fleetwood is my 4th Cadillac.. I keep getting drawn back to the wreath and crest.

caddycruiser
02-14-06, 12:59 PM
When I graduated college I bought a new "fancy" car as my daily driver and the only thing I miss is the manual shifting and crisp handling (I modified it extensively). 2 years later I went to medical school and was forced to sell the car due to financial reasons.... 1.5 years later I am in my 1996 Fleetwood and I would not trade it for anything but my Dad's 2006 Charger SRT-8. I always have been a Cadillac guy at heart and this Fleetwood is my 4th Cadillac.. I keep getting drawn back to the wreath and crest.

Same here...I always was infatuated with the newest and greatest cars, and never liked anything older, let alone a Cadillac. Then my dad started mentioning how he thought it was time for his '79 GMC van to go back in early spring of '03. I didn't know what, at all, he might want to look for, and then he said it: "You know, remember those mid 90's big Fleetwoods? I always liked them." Of course, he ended up with a '92 Roadmaster because he couldn't find one, but he still wanted one so much, he ended up putting his '69 Chevelle project up for sale a few weeks after buying the Buick, and then bought the '93 Fleetwood in July of '03.

I guess it all sort of flows from that point with me...for a long time, I always thought I'd end up with something smaller and sportier, but then completely changed my mind after driving the Fleetwood day in and day out.

Now I wouldn't drive anything else except for, like you, a new Chrysler/Dodge LX car, and since those aren't in the budget, the LT1 Fleetwood will have to do...oh, what a sacrifice:rolleyes:

caddycruiser
02-15-06, 12:01 AM

Yeah...right about the time I was thinking "I should call home and suggest someone there do something about the emblem", mom calls me tonight and mentions "I got home today and thought there was a black spot like bird crap on your cover, but I looked at it and the one side of the hood ornament thing kind of poked through a little. Must have been because of the weight of the snow."

:rolleyes: ...well, you can't say I wasn't warned! I think my dad is going to use a little plastic cup from laundry detergent that'll fit, after I finally made that "clever" suggestion.

KaddyKat
02-15-06, 09:11 AM
Yeah...right about the time I was thinking "I should call home and suggest someone there do something about the emblem", mom calls me tonight and mentions "I got home today and thought there was a black spot like bird crap on your cover, but I looked at it and the one side of the hood ornament thing kind of poked through a little. Must have been because of the weight of the snow."

:rolleyes: ...well, you can't say I wasn't warned! I think my dad is going to use a little plastic cup from laundry detergent that'll fit, after I finally made that "clever" suggestion.

Well at least you caught it early, now you might take a piece of duct tape
and apply on the underside of the cover where the emblem is for added strength and seal the hole.

caddycruiser
02-15-06, 11:49 AM
Well at least you caught it early, now you might take a piece of duct tape
and apply on the underside of the cover where the emblem is for added strength and seal the hole.

Exactly the plan. At least the cover is doing a good job of protecting the car so far.