: Pics of my Cadillacs...

Mr_Bam
01-12-06, 09:17 PM
Sold my 59 to a friend last summer...

Mr_Bam
01-12-06, 09:21 PM
My 84 was traded to another neighbor and that caused my "hiatus" from my Cadillacs...

Mr_Bam
01-12-06, 09:27 PM
Here are my 79 LeCabriolet (with original paperwork) that might be sold/traded and my Fleetwood Coupe... The coupe has some issues, but it has the rare trim :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-12-06, 09:27 PM
damn.....a '59 nice!

Mr_Bam
01-12-06, 09:28 PM
And last, my new driver... 80,xxx highway miles, 1 owner, black leather... VERY clean (maybe could use the fleetwood trim?) :D

Mr_Bam
01-12-06, 09:32 PM
I'll be taking more pics of the black one as I start building it up... I've already got a C/D grill and I took apart a messed up grill and am using the bars for each side of the license plate :D (Only thing I never liked about the 77-79's... However, I will solve that :lildevil:
I'm going to see how much work it would be to shorten the rearend so I can fit a little less backspaced wheel and not rub...

509Rider
01-13-06, 05:22 PM
:thumbsup:

Mr_Bam
01-14-06, 02:24 AM
It would appear that a smaller backspaced wheel will not fit... DAYUM :thumbsdown:

DaveDeVille
01-14-06, 10:02 PM
Very nice black coupe.

Mr_Bam
01-16-06, 01:09 AM
Very nice black coupe.

Thanks... Now I have to find some wheels... Too many choices, grrrrrrr

Mr_Bam
01-21-06, 05:57 PM
I've got a Coupe Deville grill and found these from another Caddy project :thumbsup:

Night Wolf
01-21-06, 07:19 PM
Sold my 59 to a friend last summer...

WHY would you do such a thing!?!? :)

Night Wolf
01-21-06, 07:32 PM
Wow, it seems like you like your '79's :)

I didn't understand... what don't you like about '77-'79?

That triple lack coupe is NICE! damn... makes me want to paint mine black when it gets repainted some time in the future.

I have since addded a 2nd pin strip, starting at the fender edge and following that body line back to the front door handles, I think your black Coupe has the smae thing... it looks so much better :)

Laramie Beige with Ceder Red velour interior.... a rare combination, mostly origanal :) has the d'Elegance option.

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/door/PDR_0194.JPG

I gotta put the yellow rubber strips back on the chrome on the fenders...

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/door/PDR_0187.JPG

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/PDR_0798.JPG

Mr_Bam
01-21-06, 10:47 PM
Wow, it seems like you like your '79's :)

I didn't understand... what don't you like about '77-'79?

That triple lack coupe is NICE! damn... makes me want to paint mine black when it gets repainted some time in the future.

I have since addded a 2nd pin strip, starting at the fender edge and following that body line back to the front door handles, I think your black Coupe has the smae thing... it looks so much better :)

Laramie Beige with Ceder Red velour interior.... a rare combination, mostly origanal :) has the d'Elegance option.

My neighbor/friend has had a 59 fetish since I can remember... I pretty much picked it up to flip to him :thumbsup:
I'm a HELLA prissy fokker when it comes to my cars and the ONLY thing I don't like about the 77-79's are the grills on both sides of the license plates... I've got an E&G grill I'm going to cut the spokes out of, so when I put the CD grill on, I won't have vertical bars with the checkerboard on the 2 lower grills ;)

I do like the 2nd pinstripe down the fender... I've got the Fleet chrome on the yellow one that I might "donate" to the black one, haha Still stuck with some decisions on which direction to go with this one...

Mr_Bam
01-21-06, 10:50 PM
http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/door/PDR_0194.JPG

Where'd you get the wheels? :thumbsup: I'm stuck between some 88 spoke 13" Daytons, 15" reversed Daytons, or some 15" Truspokes... I've got the Tru's and have ALWAYS loved the look, but some all black center 15" D's would look good, too... But, you can NEVER go wrong with a set of 88 spokes, haha
I might just get a hair up my azz and shorten the rearend to make these 14" reversed Tru's fit, lol

Night Wolf
01-22-06, 03:12 AM
My neighbor/friend has had a 59 fetish since I can remember... I pretty much picked it up to flip to him :thumbsup:
I'm a HELLA prissy fokker when it comes to my cars and the ONLY thing I don't like about the 77-79's are the grills on both sides of the license plates... I've got an E&G grill I'm going to cut the spokes out of, so when I put the CD grill on, I won't have vertical bars with the checkerboard on the 2 lower grills ;)

I do like the 2nd pinstripe down the fender... I've got the Fleet chrome on the yellow one that I might "donate" to the black one, haha Still stuck with some decisions on which direction to go with this one...

DAMN, I'd be best friends with that neighbor/friend! the '59 is my dream car... a '59 Eldorado convertible... HA like I'll ever get that... for some its a Corvette or a Ferrari... for me, its the '59 Caddy :)

Ah, the grilles int he bumper... you really don't like those?!

Those are one of the things about the '77-'79 that I REALLY like... I mean, its one of my favorite styling cues on these cars, it not only looks great, and mean, but is fully functional as the little ducts behind the grille direct the air to the bottom part of the radiator which would otherwise be blocked off.

I personally don't like the crhome on the hood/side of the '77-'79 it dosn't go well....

It seems like you really like the '77-'79 style... too bad I can't say the same for me... in general I don't "like" the exterrior styling of it, but I don't "hate" it... its nice, but there are lots of other Caddy's that had better styling IMO.

Of course I am comparing it to the late 80's Brougham.... it was just a much better styled car, little stuff... biggest thing being the roof line, then the crease on the bottom of the car with the added chrome on the rockers (like the '77-'79 Fleetwood... only better) as well as the extra chrome down the hood and to the rear window... it looked really good on the Brougham.

In general I like the 80's Brougham a whole lot more... the interior, while very similar, was IMO better.... the biggest thing being the nasty light burl wood plastic wood grain trim... the 80's had a more dark walnut wood pattern, which is why I took the dash trim from a 1985 Fleetwood and installed it on my '79... it made a huge difference... it was around then I started to "like" the '79.

The only thing the '77-'79 excells past the 80's Broughams, IMO is the engine and drivetrain... the 425 is better then the 307 in every aspect except fuel mileage, and the TH400, while only a 3-speed is a far superior transmission to the 200R-4.

So why did I get the '79? because it fell in front of me (figureativly :) ) and there was no way I could pass it up :) It wasn't free... there would be no cool story to tell... but it was $300 :)

Is it for sale? yes and no.... I do like the car and have plans to build a 500 and swap it in (at that time do a whole lotta work on the rest of the chassis) I think I could get $3,000 for it right now, but I dunno.... when people ask if its for sale, I say no, but the truth is, if someone offered me $5,000 for it, I'd sell it... hard to say if the car is worth that or not, but not many people at all would pay that much for it, I know I wouldn't.

I bought it with 84,288 miles, she now has 93,345 miles. I have the origanal floor mats, dealer window sticker, factory 8-track tape still in shrink wrap as well as some various recipts and emmissions stuff over the years. The car was rust proofed when new as well. It was nearly all origanal, but I have slowly been changing that. From that 1985 Fleetwood I took the dash trim and all the trim pieces for the doors where the switches go. I also took the radio from that car as it was an AM/FM/Cassette, yet still the older style with the knob on each side. I still have my 8-track player, but with the cassette, I can listen to MP3 or XM thru the adapter thing, very handy. I put alot of Fleetwood stuff on it too... the little lens that go over the light, since they also have the wreath not just the crest. A rear sway bar which really helped. I hated the factory hood ornament, how it was just a crest, so I bought a NOS hood ornament for an 80's Brougham (same thing) and put that on.....the factory floor mats are in the trunk and I have a cheap set of Wal Mart mats that were $15 down. The trunk material was in nice shape, but when I transported, then proceeded to drive around for a week with the Northstar (yes, the engine) in pieces, in the trunk, it chewed it up... now the stuff is pulling off the side.. I was going to re-do all the trunk material when I get a chance. The current power antenna is broke, but I bought a brand new one, for the 80's Brougham and the bracket is different, I gotta get around to putting that in. The auto trunk close used to work, I broke the switch, but bought a NOS switch and put it in... the trunk open light now works but not the motor, so I disconnected it and adjusted it so the turnk closes fine, just no motor... they are a pain anyway. Oh yeah, that reminds me, the whole strip with the idiot lights and fuel gauge is from an '87 Brougham. My water color chrome was fading, this car it was mint... so I too that. Becuase of that the fuel gauge now has the picture of a gas pump and dosn't say fuel, and I also have the yellow low fuel light, and it works... that was cool... and all the lights are now 80's style... no more "generator" (that was cool) instead a red light with a picture of a battery that says "no charge" etc... As for the engine, besides a full tune-up she has a modified 1968 472 intake manifold, no EGR anymore. An Edelbrock 14" open element air filter.... and thats pretty much it, the engine is mostly stock. We fixed the AC, its converted to R134A and works great..... I have done other stuff to the car also, don't remember though. Those wheels came on my mothers '89 Brougham but they were taken off a while back and laying around, so I put them on the '79... 15" real spoked wheels, they are pretty nice.

I love those lower bumper grilles though :)

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/PDR_0424.JPG

Hey! you can see my Oldsmobile! I miss that car :( I'll probably be going back for her this Summer....

sound clip of stock 425 with Edelbrock open element air filter... this was long before the modified 472 intake manifold... besides boosting power, it also sounds better (the intake manifold trick)

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/VOICE009.MP3

Here is running it wide open from 1st-3rd in drive... in drive it shifts into 2nd at 3,900RPM and into 3rd at 3,400RPM..... if you run 2nd out to 4,000RPM the speedo is well beyond burried... if you run 2nd out to 4,400RPM or so (the unoffical redline of the 425) you just topped out the car around 110mph.

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/Caddy1-3drive.AVI

burry the speedo in 2nd:

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/'79speedo.wmv

Me having too much fun when back in NY....

http://inoventionseast.com/1979%20DeVille/Caddydonuts.wmv

Stock only "mod" being the open element air filter (before the intake manifold swap and rebuilt carburator) she ran a 17.5 @ 78mph at the track... it is noticeably faster now though....

I don't have any recent pictures of her since I drove her down to Florida... I washed/vaccumed it today, then came back and waxed it... perhaps tomorrow night I get some night pictures of her as I did the Coupe... that would be nice.

Night Wolf
01-22-06, 03:16 AM
Where'd you get the wheels? :thumbsup: I'm stuck between some 88 spoke 13" Daytons, 15" reversed Daytons, or some 15" Truspokes... I've got the Tru's and have ALWAYS loved the look, but some all black center 15" D's would look good, too... But, you can NEVER go wrong with a set of 88 spokes, haha
I might just get a hair up my azz and shorten the rearend to make these 14" reversed Tru's fit, lol

They came on my mothers '89 Brougham... that car is one of those dealer aftermarket specials... Rolls Royce gold grille, gold badges, after market moon roof, aftermarket roof (black fabric... I actually really like it) after market security system... basically all the after market add-ons you could get.. those wheels being thrown in. They are made by Appliance, dunno if they are around... dunno how many spokes. My mother didn't like them because they got dirty too fast (I don't have a problem with keeping them clean) so steelies and hub caps went on, these were sitting under our deck for years, then I got the '79 and put them on.

I personally really don't like those 13 or 14" low rider wheels... there is no point IMO. I also don't like 20" rims or bigger... the 15" are perfect size IMO, if going with newer aftermarket wheels, I personally would go no bigger then 18" and that is pushing it. Simply put, if I didn't have these wheels, I would just put steelies on and get a nice set of 80's Brougham hub caps and use them, I would be happy. But yeah, these wheels are pretty nice for what they are.

Mr_Bam
01-22-06, 12:30 PM
They came on my mothers '89 Brougham... that car is one of those dealer aftermarket specials... Rolls Royce gold grille, gold badges, after market moon roof, aftermarket roof (black fabric... I actually really like it) after market security system... basically all the after market add-ons you could get.. those wheels being thrown in. They are made by Appliance, dunno if they are around... dunno how many spokes. My mother didn't like them because they got dirty too fast (I don't have a problem with keeping them clean) so steelies and hub caps went on, these were sitting under our deck for years, then I got the '79 and put them on.

I personally really don't like those 13 or 14" low rider wheels... there is no point IMO. I also don't like 20" rims or bigger... the 15" are perfect size IMO, if going with newer aftermarket wheels, I personally would go no bigger then 18" and that is pushing it. Simply put, if I didn't have these wheels, I would just put steelies on and get a nice set of 80's Brougham hub caps and use them, I would be happy. But yeah, these wheels are pretty nice for what they are.

After owning and having to fix 80's coupes... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the 77-79's haha quality of the build is just better (except for the woodgrain... but, that'll be changed...) My issue with the lower grills is that people put a vertical bar E&G grill and leave those... Looks like ass...
I've tried to restore, make factory, stick to stock... It doesn't happen, haha
For wheels, I'm going to do something, I'm just not sure what... I might roll Vogues on hubcaps, or throw on some 13"s... 17"s are the biggest rim I've ever owned and those have 37" tires on them, haha

Night Wolf
01-22-06, 02:34 PM
Thats interesting.... what do you say is built better?

I know what you mean about the E&G grilles... yeah, it does look out of place sometimes.... but i personally never even liked those, the factory 1979 girlle is the best out of the 3 years, so I don't have to worry about that :)

Mr_Bam
01-25-06, 01:05 PM
Thats interesting.... what do you say is built better?

I know what you mean about the E&G grilles... yeah, it does look out of place sometimes.... but i personally never even liked those, the factory 1979 girlle is the best out of the 3 years, so I don't have to worry about that :)

Actually, if I compared either of my 79's that haven't had any work done to them to my lower mileage 84, the 84 was missing screws and bolts that I know were missed by the factory... In fact, most 80's GM cars I've worked on were missing little things like that...

Night Wolf
01-25-06, 03:46 PM
Heh, I haven't ran into that problem on the '79 DeVille, my '89 Olds 88 or '93 Coupe...

Mr_Bam
01-25-06, 04:14 PM
I'm about to hack up the grill in the back for the vents on either side of the license plate... I think it'll look REALLY good if I can do it how I'm planning :D

Night Wolf
01-25-06, 04:23 PM
Nice man! :)

I personally do not like those grilles... the '79 grille is a very nice design IMO...

but I am interested to see the outcome of your project :)

Mr_Bam
01-25-06, 05:19 PM
You know anyone that's ever shortened the rearend on these??? The offset I want to do and tire combo is just a hair wide and I don't want to trim any of the body...

Night Wolf
01-25-06, 08:24 PM
I personally haven't heard of anything doing it on these cars....

it isn't something I am interested in doing either... so I dunno...

Adam
01-25-06, 09:17 PM
Still stuck with some decisions on which direction to go with this one...

if you aint goin low with it, throw some 22s on it, kandy paint, a 5th wheel, a good sound system, some tvs/dvd/PS2 or Xbox, and custom interior. 22 inch wires with the Cadillac symbol in the knock off.:thumbsup: if not some 13 inch wires and a 3 pump 8 battery setup.

Night Wolf
01-25-06, 09:23 PM
if you aint goin low with it, throw some 22s on it, kandy paint, a 5th wheel, a good sound system, some tvs/dvd/PS2 or Xbox, and custom interior. 22 inch wires with the Cadillac symbol in the knock off.:thumbsup: if not some 13 inch wires and a 3 pump 8 battery setup.

While we share intrests in some things (Like the avatar :) ) our taste in modding the Caddys most definitly is NOT the same :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-25-06, 09:25 PM
I'm with Rick on that one!

Adam
01-25-06, 10:36 PM
I'm with Rick on that one!

well both of you might like stock... me, i cant stand it. your guys cars look nice and all but they just arent head turners... they are boring bland, nothing... forgive me... nice about them beside the fact that they are old Caddies. now if i was 75 years old i might be all over them, but until then ill take my lows and keep getting the girls... oh wait... i cant do that anymore im getting married. i'll still keep my lows (well when i get another one that is, im going crazy from not being able to hit a switch... you really start to miss that). if he wants to leave it stock thats fine, im not telling him what to do, just throwing suggestions at a fellow lowrider. im not blastin ya'll either, i grew up around low lows and have always liked them. you guys probably feel about lows what i feel about muscle cars and stockers... i dont care for them. if i see a nice one (stock or otherwise like the both of yours) ill give you yours on it, but if we go anywhere i aint hopping in... just aint no way.

Adam
01-25-06, 10:38 PM
You know anyone that's ever shortened the rearend on these??? The offset I want to do and tire combo is just a hair wide and I don't want to trim any of the body...

wait like shorten the axle? its not an easy fix, i heard someone take one out of a caprice and put it in a 96 Fleetwood but i thought they were the same size... someone tell me, i didnt think there was a difference. well that is for big bodies im sorry.

Night Wolf
01-25-06, 11:08 PM
well both of you might like stock... me, i cant stand it. your guys cars look nice and all but they just arent head turners... they are boring bland, nothing... forgive me... nice about them beside the fact that they are old Caddies. now if i was 75 years old i might be all over them, but until then ill take my lows and keep getting the girls... oh wait... i cant do that anymore im getting married. i'll still keep my lows (well when i get another one that is, im going crazy from not being able to hit a switch... you really start to miss that). if he wants to leave it stock thats fine, im not telling him what to do, just throwing suggestions at a fellow lowrider. im not blastin ya'll either, i grew up around low lows and have always liked them. you guys probably feel about lows what i feel about muscle cars and stockers... i dont care for them. if i see a nice one (stock or otherwise like the both of yours) ill give you yours on it, but if we go anywhere i aint hopping in... just aint no way.

woha....

never said I like stock :)

Which is why I dumped the wire wheel hub caps and white walls :)

I like stock-looking things..... but just because I don't like tacky...

I get compliments on my car all the time, especially with the tint, it makes it stand out... compliments from lots of younger people.

Personally whe I see a pimped out car... yeah, it is a head turner.... but atleast for me, I look at it in disgust... I don't like those 13" or 14" spoked wheels, nor do I like 22" wheels... 15-18" is fine for me. the 5th wheel I never liked, and talk about bland... most cars with those are dealer installed for the old folks...nice sound system, I am with ya on that one.. though I never understood the TV's and PS2 and stuff... more for the bling then functional... hydrolics... I don't like.. air bags are nice, only because the '63 2 door Series 62 I saw in flat balck with a turbocharged LT1 and side pipes had it and it really made me apperciate the air bag suspension....

I don't use my cars to get girls... in fact I REALLY dislike any extra attention, I don't like to be the center of the crowd.. not me or my car... probably another reason for the conservative mods on my car.

It isn't that I dislike low riders... its just I have only seen 2-3 tastefully done... most are just flat out tackey, and I don't like that. I have, and still somewhat an thinking about an airbag suspension for the '79.... but knowing that it'll kill handling and ride comfrot just to gain the bling factor... isn't really something I want to do...

One thing I REALLY don't like is low rider trucks... the S10's are bad enough, but when you start doing it to Escalades and Hummers.... its like whats the point? you buy one of the biggest vehicles you can, just to slam it to the ground? Never understood that.... I don't see whats so cool about that.....

I like muscle cars.... stock... I'd rather see a stock muscle car then one all setup for racing. What I like more then muscle cars, is classics from the 50's.... STOCK... or near stock....they are some of the best cars IMO....

Though I guess its just my taste in vehicles... I used to like luxury cars alot... now... eh... I love my Coupe... the newer Caddys are nice, but not for me.... the last Caddy I really like (and want) is a 1995 Eldorado ETC. Didn't get the yuppie treatment yet, but still such a sweet package..... thinking more from a funciontal and utility standpoint, plus having a vehicle that can truely do multiple things, wanting a 4WD truck, a manual transmission and a convertible...... is the reason I want a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon next :).

Anyway, it isn't low riders I mind... I like the low look on some classic cars.... its the all out tackey pimp/"customs" that I don't like... personally putting wheels and TV's on a car dosn't make it custom..... CUT= custom....

good low rider:

http://www.lowmaffia.t5.com.br/68_cadillac.jpg

bad low rider:

http://www.lowmaffia.t5.com.br/photogallery/0406lrm_miami07_z.jpg

Plus the worst is the other day when I saw an 80's G-body Cutlass on ~26" spokes... it was JACKED sooo freakin high I could 4x4 the thing... yet the tires were nearly rubber bands.... what kind of stuff do you have to smoke to even think of doing something like that?!? let alone think of it being cool....

Night Wolf
01-25-06, 11:16 PM
Heh, I found some friend to the Cutlass guy the other day....

my gosh...

this is what happens when you always wanted a Jeep, but the boys in the 'hood would have laughed at you....

http://rjohnson070187.tripod.com/monte.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/DJRaza/caprice26s2.jpg

Bigger obviously isn't better. The sad part is, most these people have no clue on anything mechanical and leave the stock gearing and brakes.... nearly double the rotating mass but stock driveline components... real smart.

on SOME cars, 20" wheels look ok... Just for me my friend and I stopped in a rent-a-rim place (since he didn't believe we had them) with the '79... some nice looking 20" rims and tires were going to be about $150 to rent for the week. I was tempted.. just to have fun and mess around and see peoples reactions.. that would have been so funny! But those 20" wheels and a SLIGHTLY lower ride height on the '79 may have looked pretty good...

CaddymanTom
01-26-06, 12:23 AM
I have to side with Nightwolf on this one. I just don't get the slammed look, or the huge tires and wheels on these cars. I don't care for all the aftermarket items like continental kits or the RR grilles. These cars where built for the driver being pampered in total comfort not for hopping up and down. My Brougham is totally stock and I get a thumbs up or a compliment everytime I take her out. This is by both young and old and both men and women. I see these "pimped out" cars for sale, with tens of thousands of dollars invested that they never get 1/2 of what they put into these slammed cars. As with everything in this world we all have our own views on what is tasteful and this is mine

Mr_Bam
01-26-06, 01:19 PM
wait like shorten the axle? its not an easy fix, i heard someone take one out of a caprice and put it in a 96 Fleetwood but i thought they were the same size... someone tell me, i didnt think there was a difference. well that is for big bodies im sorry.

I've been a fan of Truspokes since I can remember... So far, every car I've laid out has them, haha Problem is, I have these SICK reversed 14x7 Truspokes I got for nothing and I really want them on the 79... I've got 15" Tru's and some minty 60 series Vogues, but those 14" reversed would look SOOO nice...

I'm heading to my buddy's lift to see how tough shortening the rear would be... This is still a car I really haven't messed with, haha (You should see some of the other's I have :lildevil: )

Adam
01-26-06, 04:20 PM
I've been a fan of Truspokes since I can remember... So far, every car I've laid out has them, haha Problem is, I have these SICK reversed 14x7 Truspokes I got for nothing and I really want them on the 79... I've got 15" Tru's and some minty 60 series Vogues, but those 14" reversed would look SOOO nice...

I'm heading to my buddy's lift to see how tough shortening the rear would be... This is still a car I really haven't messed with, haha (You should see some of the other's I have :lildevil: )

hmmm, i have never shortened an axle. i hear you gotta support them afterward though. ive supported axles. good luck, post pics when you get it done... gonna juice it?

Rick/ Caddymantom: i know not everyone likes lowriders, i dont like stock cars. i feel about stock cars and muscle cars the same you feel about lows. i dont care about luxury, i dont care what the car was made for... to me it was made to hop and kick three wheels. keeping it stock or near stock is still boring. i have never seen anyone give a thumbsup or any kind of compliment to any stock old hooptie... outside of the Cadillac world anyway. if so ok, thats cool. disgust is a strong word, and i believe it is cause neither of you truly know the lowriding culture. its a lifestyle.

Adam
01-26-06, 04:39 PM
you see to you it looks tacky, to me it is very nice. i seen on barrett jackson an old cuda or something go for what... over 300k dollars? i would give the guy 3k for it, not because it isnt nice or nothing, it just isnt my thing. i would rather spend 300k on the lower pictured car... but if i had it it wouldnt be no trailer queen. id be driving it all over. i dont use my cars to get girls, they just naturally flock to it cause it is nice. but i am getting married and i cant do that no more :thumbsup: . am i still gonna drive lows? yes because i am a lowrider. i am currently looking for a 63 Impala, there was a drop top 64 for sale around here two years ago for 9k dollars, man i wish i could have got it... but i worked a part time job and couldnt afford it. that car was perfect, not a thing wrong with it and low miles. ah, dreams ya know? like i said, i dont care if you dont like them, and we are cool, im not blasting ya'll for not liking them, i dont like what you do, its human nature. the only thing that bugs me is that you say they are tacky and disgusting. a simple "i dont care for them... just not my thing" would be perfect. i dont say degrading things about the stuff you guys like and i would appreciate the same in return.

woha....

never said I like stock :)

Which is why I dumped the wire wheel hub caps and white walls :)

I like stock-looking things..... but just because I don't like tacky...

I get compliments on my car all the time, especially with the tint, it makes it stand out... compliments from lots of younger people.

Personally whe I see a pimped out car... yeah, it is a head turner.... but atleast for me, I look at it in disgust... I don't like those 13" or 14" spoked wheels, nor do I like 22" wheels... 15-18" is fine for me. the 5th wheel I never liked, and talk about bland... most cars with those are dealer installed for the old folks...nice sound system, I am with ya on that one.. though I never understood the TV's and PS2 and stuff... more for the bling then functional... hydrolics... I don't like.. air bags are nice, only because the '63 2 door Series 62 I saw in flat balck with a turbocharged LT1 and side pipes had it and it really made me apperciate the air bag suspension....

I don't use my cars to get girls... in fact I REALLY dislike any extra attention, I don't like to be the center of the crowd.. not me or my car... probably another reason for the conservative mods on my car.

It isn't that I dislike low riders... its just I have only seen 2-3 tastefully done... most are just flat out tackey, and I don't like that. I have, and still somewhat an thinking about an airbag suspension for the '79.... but knowing that it'll kill handling and ride comfrot just to gain the bling factor... isn't really something I want to do...

One thing I REALLY don't like is low rider trucks... the S10's are bad enough, but when you start doing it to Escalades and Hummers.... its like whats the point? you buy one of the biggest vehicles you can, just to slam it to the ground? Never understood that.... I don't see whats so cool about that.....

I like muscle cars.... stock... I'd rather see a stock muscle car then one all setup for racing. What I like more then muscle cars, is classics from the 50's.... STOCK... or near stock....they are some of the best cars IMO....

Though I guess its just my taste in vehicles... I used to like luxury cars alot... now... eh... I love my Coupe... the newer Caddys are nice, but not for me.... the last Caddy I really like (and want) is a 1995 Eldorado ETC. Didn't get the yuppie treatment yet, but still such a sweet package..... thinking more from a funciontal and utility standpoint, plus having a vehicle that can truely do multiple things, wanting a 4WD truck, a manual transmission and a convertible...... is the reason I want a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon next :).

Anyway, it isn't low riders I mind... I like the low look on some classic cars.... its the all out tackey pimp/"customs" that I don't like... personally putting wheels and TV's on a car dosn't make it custom..... CUT= custom....

good low rider:

http://www.lowmaffia.t5.com.br/68_cadillac.jpg

bad low rider:

http://www.lowmaffia.t5.com.br/photogallery/0406lrm_miami07_z.jpg

Plus the worst is the other day when I saw an 80's G-body Cutlass on ~26" spokes... it was JACKED sooo freakin high I could 4x4 the thing... yet the tires were nearly rubber bands.... what kind of stuff do you have to smoke to even think of doing something like that?!? let alone think of it being cool....

Night Wolf
01-26-06, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't spend $300k on a car either :) Not a new Lambo or a classic 'Cuda.

The only real classic cars I want to restore (myself) is a '55-'59 Caddy... and you'd bet I would be driving that all over, and it woudln't be a trailer queen or anything like that.

I never said lowriders were "distgusting" I said they were tackey, there is a difference...

thats all ok though.. because I am tired of the luxury car scene :) I am tired of "cars" in general....

This is the vehicle for me :)

http://www.oman4x4.com/albums/rabumper/rasmallplate1.jpg

Adam
01-26-06, 06:55 PM
Personally whe I see a pimped out car... yeah, it is a head turner.... but atleast for me, I look at it in disgust... I don't like those 13" or 14" spoked wheels, nor do I like 22" wheels....

sorry, that is where i got the disgusting part. nonetheless, everyone has there own taste, what you think is tacky or not cool may just be cool to me or anyone else. thats why i *try* not to put anyone else down cause they might care for it a whole lot. im not perfect... i know you're shocked... do you need to get some air or sit down or anything :rolleyes: ... and i blow up sometimes, but i try to put myself in someone elses place before i tell someone that what they like is tacky (and i am not saying you are, just using that word as an example) or stupid or a waste of time and money. see my angle? im not saying you are saying all this but what i am saying is that when you say things arent cool it can tend to make people upset because that is something they put their life and heart and soul into... like me, lowriding is a part of my life.

Adam
01-26-06, 06:58 PM
nice jeep btw. we use a jeep here at work and if we have replaced the engine or some part of the engine once we have done it a thousand times. that thing breaks down alot but it runs almost 24/7. it is 3 years old has over 100k miles, has gone through 4 engines, 8 times to the shop because of a problem with the engine, 2 radiators, 4 rear ends, 1 tranny... you name it it has messed up. but for that young of a car and that many miles what can you expect? Jeep= Just Empty Every Pocket is the joke we use around here. oh it is a Liberty. i like it though.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-26-06, 07:59 PM
Rick is a man who loves his Wranglers......

I like some Jeeps too, but the more luxury oriented ones.

For example:
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/1991/Jeep/3519/005974-E.jpg
1991 Grand Wagoneer, basically a 4x4 version of the Brougham; big, slow, luxurious, a relic from another age (actually the wagoneers first started production in 1963!)

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/1998/Jeep/9078/005995-E.jpg
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. It's like a 4x4 version of the Deville Concours; fast, sporty and still luxurious, subtly sporty looking.

Night Wolf
01-26-06, 08:18 PM
oh it is a Liberty

well, theres the problem :)

Now if it was a Cherokee with the 4.0 I6, you woudln't have done a damn thing to the engine :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-26-06, 08:20 PM
Now if it was a Cherokee with the 4.0 I6, you woudln't have done a damn thing to the engine :)

From what I've heard (best friend w/ '98 Wrangler 2.5/5 speed) the 4.0 I-6 is one of the most reliable motors Chrysler has made.

Night Wolf
01-26-06, 08:26 PM
its one of the most reliable engines....ever.

Mr_Bam
01-26-06, 08:50 PM
For offroad or to tow something not running, I've got this (not a Cadillac though...)
13-letter-shat-spreader with 388 roller stroker, 5.13s, 700r, f/r airlockers, rear discs, and soon to be on 37"s

Night Wolf
01-26-06, 09:40 PM
Scout?

sweet trucks! :)

Mr_Bam
01-27-06, 02:07 PM
I've got a few more toys than that, too haha

Vogues are here today or Monday (the driver said he saw my tires, but he had some more stops... Hope he gets here when I'm here :eyebrow: )
True spokes it is :thumbsup: Now if the weather clears :lildevil:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-27-06, 02:43 PM
Why did International get out of the passenger truck business?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-27-06, 02:45 PM
its one of the most reliable engines....ever.

So one could say that the 4.0 I-6 is to Jeep what the 3.8 V6 is to GM.

a very reliable, powerful pushrod engine thats practically been around since the old testament! :p

Night Wolf
01-27-06, 03:47 PM
Why did International get out of the passenger truck business?

coudln't compete with Ford/Chevy/Dodge.

Yet people in the mid-west, where rust isn't an issue... use these things every day on their farms. Work horses. Pure truck, nothing luxury about them, rattle your spine and the turning radius... well.... just think back to Austin Powers on his golf cart stuck in the hall way :) But so durable that make "Built Ford Tough" or "Like a Rock" look like toys :)

At my fathers/grand fathers place, we have a 1968 International pickup. 3/4 ton. This truck was frame-off fully restored in the early 90's by my father. The cab was trailered in from Cali and the utility body added. It had a.... 304? but my father replaced it with a rebuilt.... 358? Sorry don't remember the International engines... This engine was rebuilt (also, by him) with a hotter cam... so it has a gurgly idle... sounds really nice. 4spd w/creeper, 4x4 with dual Dana60 axels. The holes on the doors are from the semi-truck mirrors which looked super cool, but they had to be removed everytime the truck went in the shop (other garage, not this one) so my father got tired of that. Has an air horn, some other nifty stuff. The bench seat is from a 1972 Cadillac Fleetwood.... worn old green leather :) This truck only has 9,500 miles on it or so since the resteration. It is the plow truck for the business (just ours, not commercial) as well as anytime a pickup is needed to haul stuff... though it isn't used for towing, the Bronco is. My father broke the front axel shaft/gears while plowing over the winter, so upon getting new ones I was trying to convice him on lockers... almost did but he just wanted to get it going again... though I may have convinced him on a locker for the rear :) While not an off-road truck, atleast like this... its still pretty sweet, I always liked to ride in it, drove it around the place a few times too... it sure is a beast :)

Night Wolf
01-27-06, 03:56 PM
So one could say that the 4.0 I-6 is to Jeep what the 3.8 V6 is to GM.

a very reliable, powerful pushrod engine thats practically been around since the old testament! :p

Pretty much :) the 3800 has roots back to the late 50's as a Buick V8....

the I6... you can freakin trace back to the 20's when it was used on tractors!

The 4.0 I6 is a gas hog and really hates emmissions... those, mostly the latter are the main reasons it is not used in the '07 Wrangler. the 4.0 I6 was 190hp and 225ft-lbs torque, the 3.8 V6 replacing it is 205hp and 235ft-lbs torque, so it is getting a power boost as well.

The 4.0 I6 is a beast.. it weighs 450lbs! That is more then the Northstar, and a whole lot more then the 4.9. In retrospec, a Caddy 500 weighs only 200lbs more, dispite being more then twice the displacement and 2 extra cylinders :)

Don't let the low power output numbers of the I6 fool ya though.... nearly 80% of that torque is avalible at idle... what that means is it'll cruise around at 1,000RPM and be happy. When I test drove the '03 TJ I could dump the clutch in 1st or reverse and the tach would hardly move, the Jeep just jumped and started moving.... VERY easy to get used to instead of my friends Jetta that had to be revved to 2,500RPM or it'll stall. The Jeep would cruise around in 3rd at 25mph at 1,000RPM (first night I drove it around the dealer lot) yet hit the gas and power is on tap. Accelerating from a stop I never had to shift above 2,500RPM yet I was accelerating faster then the people around me.... sweet low end torque... just how I like my engines! :) The 4.0 I6 is a major factor in the reason why I want the TJ. Much like how much I like the 3800, 4.9, big block Cads and Northstar, I want to be part of the 4.0 I6 club as well :) The gas mileage.. eh... it isn't like i drive a Civic now, so the mileage will fit in with the rest... emmissions.. I don't give a damn about that :) The only "bad" thing about the I6 is that it has been refined so much, its nearly to its limit.. so short of doing a 4.6L stroker... it dosn't take well to most any mods... header, full exhaust, intake, computer chip... none of that really makes a whole lot of a difference... either way, it dosn't matter as I don't plan on using the TJ for high speed runs :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-27-06, 06:24 PM
The 4.0 I-6 is a great motor! How does it compare to the 4.9 I-6, Ford's highly respected I-6?

I've heard great things about both!

Is the 4.0 a successor to the 4.2 I-6 used up until the 1987 (?) Grand Wagoneer?

Mr_Bam
01-27-06, 08:11 PM
235 built up I-6 from a 59 Chev going into my 52 Styline Deluxe :lildevil:

Night Wolf
01-29-06, 06:04 PM
I dunno how the 2 I6's compare, lol... they are both great engines.

Yeah, the 4.0 is the newer version of the 4.2... not just the GW it was used in all Jeep.... and Eagle... my mothers old AMC Eagle had that... pretty low on power though, only like 110hp. Chrysler bought AMC in the 80's because they wanted Jeep. AMC was responsible for the Jeep YJ (1987-1995 Wrangler) as well as the 4.0 I6... one of the reasons its such a great engine :).

Mr_Bam
01-29-06, 09:52 PM
Chevy's first I-6 (216) used Babbit oiling and was like a whopping 90 horses... The one I swapped (and built the sh!t out of) is a 235 (53-later) and is one of Chevy's better engines!!!

89fatb
02-01-06, 07:22 PM
hey nightwolf, where did u get that absolutly awesome pimp sticker on your 79 caddy? thanks

Benzilla
02-01-06, 08:41 PM
Rick/ Caddymantom: i know not everyone likes lowriders, i dont like stock cars. i feel about stock cars and muscle cars the same you feel about lows. i dont care about luxury, i dont care what the car was made for... to me it was made to hop and kick three wheels. keeping it stock or near stock is still boring. i have never seen anyone give a thumbsup or any kind of compliment to any stock old hooptie... outside of the Cadillac world
anyway. if so ok, thats cool. disgust is a strong word, and i believe it is cause neither of you truly know the lowriding culture. its a lifestyle.
Ok hold up... we are not talking about old beat up, rusty, white trash, rough running hoopties, we are talking about Cadillacs in really nice condition that people have put hard work into and love for the classy, clean look of original equipment. I love lowriders and I've seen one or two clean lowrider caddys(a lot of caddy, just not to many clean ones), and I love to see juced six tre' Impalas. But nice, well done stock or near stock caddys just really appeal to me. and if you've never seen anybody get props for having a clean caddy then your missing a lot. Where I live, at all the car shows I go too everybody has box chevys on 22s or riced up civics and when I show up in my near stock white '83 Coupe Deville everybody compliments me on it and say its really refreshing to see an un-molested Cadillac. And they all say I should keep it mostly stock and not F*ck it up (and I'm talking about people in their 20s not old men) I even get some very attractive offers on it. I am not at all against having custom sound systems(its gotta thump) or window tint or tastfully done rims.(vouges on chrome are sweet) But to say that keeping it old school is not cool or is just for old men is not true, sorry. Any questions???

Adam
02-01-06, 09:10 PM
did i say rusted, beat up white trash? no i did not. nonetheless, i have never seen anyone say anything nice about an old hooptie Cadillac, no matter what condition it was in... save for 50s & older model Caddies. am i saying that everyone should juice their Cadillacs? no, i gave them theirs on their cars and even said that they were nice. i enjoy seeing a nice old Cadillac like Ricks... but it is still a hooptie. i like old hooptie Cadillacs and i am not saying they arent nice.

Ok hold up... we are not talking about old beat up, rusty, white trash, rough running hoopties, we are talking about Cadillacs in really nice condition that people have put hard work into and love for the classy, clean look of original equipment. I love lowriders and I've seen one or two clean lowrider caddys(a lot of caddy, just not to many clean ones), and I love to see juced six tre' Impalas. But nice, well done stock or near stock caddys just really appeal to me. and if you've never seen anybody get props for having a clean caddy then your missing a lot. Where I live, at all the car shows I go too everybody has box chevys on 22s or riced up civics and when I show up in my near stock white '83 Coupe Deville everybody compliments me on it and say its really refreshing to see an un-molested Cadillac. And they all say I should keep it mostly stock and not F*ck it up (and I'm talking about people in their 20s not old men) I even get some very attractive offers on it. I am not at all against having custom sound systems(its gotta thump) or window tint or tastfully done rims.(vouges on chrome are sweet) But to say that keeping it old school is not cool or is just for old men is not true, sorry. Any questions???

Night Wolf
02-01-06, 09:25 PM
hey nightwolf, where did u get that absolutly awesome pimp sticker on your 79 caddy? thanks

Spencers :)

Night Wolf
02-01-06, 09:33 PM
Yey I drive a Hooptie :)

anyway, I think it has alot to do with where you grow up and the people around you.

I grew up in a small country town in upstate, NY. We didn't have any of the low riders... in fact we didn't have much of anything in terms of cars... even the rice ppulation was kinda low.... of course there were car shows on weekends, but thats about it....

in reference to my '79... you don't see them in NY anymore, atleast as daily drivers... and the few I did see were really run down. So when I would drive the '79 around (a FL car, same as the Coupe) people were amazed... it wasn't garage kept, low mileage... it was simply a very clean dialy driver, and I would always have people come up to me asking about it, or simply be at the gas station and someone shouts "what year" then "its in amazing shape"

The Coupe, and not so much the '79... is a daily driver though, so I woudln't do anything to that car that would hinder its daily driver abality (such as hydrolics) the '79, would be the car to trick out... not only is it the better chassis, but its a fun/mess around car.... but while some may like to put hydrolics in it.. I am all about the engine, I like power... and engines in general, which is why that car will be getting a nicely built 500.... hell if I wasn't about more power in that car, it could be turned into a low rider pretty quick :).

Even here in Clearwater, FL... I don't see any low riders... real low riders that it. I like them, but i have just never really been around them...

though I understand how it is a lifestyle and a close niche family... kinda like Jeeps and off-road :)

Benzilla
02-01-06, 10:16 PM
did i say rusted, beat up white trash? no i did not. nonetheless, i have never seen anyone say anything nice about an old hooptie Cadillac, no matter what condition it was in... save for 50s & older model Caddies. am i saying that everyone should juice their Cadillacs? no, i gave them theirs on their cars and even said that they were nice. i enjoy seeing a nice old Cadillac like Ricks... but it is still a hooptie. i like old hooptie Cadillacs and i am not saying they arent nice.

What counts as being a hooptie to you? where I come from its an insult, it means basicly a bucket, piece of sh*t, old has been car, beater, get the picture? thats not at all how nice classic caddys are. I see caddys as having a sort of wiseguy/gangster appeal like the western sadle firemist '79 Coupe Deville phaeton in Goodfellas. Thats a nice a*s car, and if you had walked up to Henry Hill and told him he had a hooptie he would likly kill you. I thought a hooptie was like a box caprice that you put 22s in that dosen't run well and you drive through the "hood" and "holla" ha ya homies like "hey boi I gots da 22s on da boxxx" ..........right...........:alchi:

I have an '84 olds cutlass supreme and I would not hesatate for a secind to call it a hoopie, because it is, its a little hoot rat, and I'm ok with that. But old school cadillacs are regal machines, and I think to catagorise them all as hoopties is a big mistake

and you said that you never heard anybody say anything nice about old caddys? that may be the way it is where your at but I have never heard something more rong. If you even read my post I told you that people where I am love that my caddy is stock and unmolested. literaly everybody says I should leave it alone 'cause it looks good the way it is. ever been on cardomain.com? the stock caddys get tons of love on there go look for your self.

I'm not trying to change your opinion or say that lowriders are bad, but its just simply incorrect to say that stock caddys don't turn heads or get love. I'm living proof

Adam
02-01-06, 10:25 PM
a hooptie is a big old car. thats 'round here though. its not meant to be an insult, if that is what you think then i am sorry. yeah box Caprices, Caddies, and Impalas are the old 70s/80s models. and its duece dueces or some call them double dueces. something like that. me i like good ole classic 13 and 14 inch wires.

What counts as being a hooptie to you? where I come from its an insult, it means basicly a bucket, piece of sh*t, old has been car, beater, get the picture? thats not at all how nice classic caddys are. I see caddys as having a sort of wiseguy/gangster appeal like the western sadle firemist '79 Coupe Deville phaeton in Goodfellas. Thats a nice a*s car, and if you had walked up to Henry Hill and told him he had a hooptie he would likly kill you. I thought a hooptie was like a box caprice that you put 22s in that dosen't run well and you drive through the "hood" and "holla" ha ya homies like "hey boi I gots da 22s on da boxxx" ..........right...........:alchi:

Benzilla
02-01-06, 11:23 PM
this is what I'm saying:

According to Urban Dictionary.com, a Hooptie is any car that meets the following:

The driver must enter car through passenger side
The car has three different brand and size tires - 3 of them missing hubcap
The exhaust is held up by half a clothes hanger - other half replaces the antenna
The car backfires every three blocks - loudest backfire being when car is turned off
The car must open door at drive-throughs as windows don't roll down
You only get one AM station and the tape deck eats all tapes inserted
You can't open the glove box as the whole thing will fall out
If you let go of steering wheel while driving you'll make a u-turn
You must manually move blinker lever up and down as it no longer blinks on it's own
You must keep one foot on brake and one on accelerator when at a complete stop\
The car has had the same temporary registration sticker in the window for the last 18 months
It has all the above issues but still has a $200 professional tint job

this
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/2.jpg
Not this!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/82f14c1c.jpg
See what I'm saying yet?

Benzilla
02-01-06, 11:27 PM
Oh... I added the last reply before I saw yours, so sorry if it seemed like overkill, but you still see my point right? And I totaly see it about the rough ones, but its sort of an insult to those of us that try to make our cars as nice and original as possible and then have them called hoopites, thats just the way it is here. so no hard feelings, I guess its just about how diffarent people see things.

davesdeville
02-02-06, 07:10 AM
I thought hooptie was an insult everywhere.

Adam
02-02-06, 11:44 AM
I have an '84 olds cutlass supreme and I would not hesatate for a secind to call it a hoopie, because it is, its a little hoot rat, and I'm ok with that. But old school cadillacs are regal machines, and I think to catagorise them all as hoopties is a big mistake

and you said that you never heard anybody say anything nice about old caddys? that may be the way it is where your at but I have never heard something more rong. If you even read my post I told you that people where I am love that my caddy is stock and unmolested. literaly everybody says I should leave it alone 'cause it looks good the way it is. ever been on cardomain.com? the stock caddys get tons of love on there go look for your self.

I'm not trying to change your opinion or say that lowriders are bad, but its just simply incorrect to say that stock caddys don't turn heads or get love. I'm living proof

i had an 84 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, a 93 Fleetwood Brougham, a 95 Lincoln Continental, a 97 Lincoln Town Car, so i have had my share of big cars. around here we say hooptie to identify it as a big car and in some cases a big old car. whip or drop is the term used for my CTS. way back when hooptie meant an insult but then it just turned to identifiying big cars. i didnt say you should do anything to any of your cars, and you certainly will never change my opinions about lowriders. lowriders are a part of my life, i have been around/ worked on them since i was 8 and i certainly dont intend on stopping cause someone says a stock car looks nice. i am not saying that you dont get props on your car, i have never heard anyone say anything nice about any stock old Cadillac. the only time i gotta any sort of compliment on any of my old cars was "nice Caddy." but it was always followed with "needs some dubs or something."

Adam
02-02-06, 11:49 AM
Oh... I added the last reply before I saw yours, so sorry if it seemed like overkill, but you still see my point right? And I totaly see it about the rough ones, but its sort of an insult to those of us that try to make our cars as nice and original as possible and then have them called hoopites, thats just the way it is here. so no hard feelings, I guess its just about how diffarent people see things.

its cool man, and if by whatever you would call your car and by your standards it isnt a hooptie. but if you rolled that thing through here all my friends would say "nice hooptie man." but no insult would be intended. i guess its just regional slang. but like i said, stock to me is boring, im not saying it doesnt look nice, but i dont like rollin around in boring cars. my opinion, i know people that say a low looks nice but they wont ride in them. its nothing against you, you did good on it.

Mr_Bam
02-02-06, 02:29 PM
There's an AWEFUL lot of really sensitive people on the board... :bigroll:

Whether it's your "hooptie" "bucket of bolts" "land yauct" etc. there's no need to get butthurt in my topic :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Adam
02-02-06, 06:31 PM
There's an AWEFUL lot of really sensitive people on the board... :bigroll:

Whether it's your "hooptie" "bucket of bolts" "land yauct" etc. there's no need to get butthurt in my topic :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:yup: and there are hardly any lowriders so we can catch hell every now and then. not alot, mostly we all get along great, but when something comes up about customizing everyone gets testy... myself included :D.

Adam
02-02-06, 06:32 PM

thats a peice of shit. how much you wanna bet that those girls are that guys sisters?

Mr_Bam
02-02-06, 06:44 PM
:yup: and there are hardly any lowriders so we can catch hell every now and then. not alot, mostly we all get along great, but when something comes up about customizing everyone gets testy... myself included :D.

When I first joined, it really wasn't like that... I'm a person that can't live with stock anything, so customized is the way to go... But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate beautiful stock cars, though... Those're the ones I cut up :lildevil: To each their own, ya know? :cool:

Adam
02-02-06, 06:58 PM
When I first joined, it really wasn't like that... I'm a person that can't live with stock anything, so customized is the way to go... But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate beautiful stock cars, though... Those're the ones I cut up :lildevil: To each their own, ya know? :cool:

yeah i know, when i first joined it was more... easy going. i feel the same way you do... stock cars are just a blank sheet of paper for me and i got crayons and scissors.

durrk
02-02-06, 07:28 PM
crayons and scissors?

Mr_Bam
02-02-06, 07:39 PM
hahaha I don't know about crayons and scissors, but I do know that there's no vehicle designed that doesn't look better modified :BIGGRIN:

509Rider
02-02-06, 09:02 PM
I hate them damn basterds molesting them caddys, why would you put them tiny wheels on there them are to small, then you put those lifty jobbers on ther what the hell? :alchi:

Mr_Bam
02-02-06, 10:43 PM
I hate them damn basterds molesting them caddys, why would you put them tiny wheels on there them are to small, then you put those lifty jobbers on ther what the hell? :alchi:

The ONLY thing I hate about customized vehicles is when they paint the car "orange" :nono: WTF is up with that???

Night Wolf
02-02-06, 10:43 PM

Heh, I gotta say, after watching (buying) Goodfellas, I had a new found love for my '79... granted its a Sedan, but still.... and yeah, Cadillac does have a tough guy feel... while MB/BMW have the yuppie feeling... I get in the '79 it isn't like I think I am better then everyone else... its just don't mess with me :).

Night Wolf
02-02-06, 10:46 PM
this is what I'm saying:

According to Urban Dictionary.com, a Hooptie is any car that meets the following:

The driver must enter car through passenger side
The car has three different brand and size tires - 3 of them missing hubcap
The exhaust is held up by half a clothes hanger - other half replaces the antenna
The car backfires every three blocks - loudest backfire being when car is turned off
The car must open door at drive-throughs as windows don't roll down
You only get one AM station and the tape deck eats all tapes inserted
You can't open the glove box as the whole thing will fall out
If you let go of steering wheel while driving you'll make a u-turn
You must manually move blinker lever up and down as it no longer blinks on it's own
You must keep one foot on brake and one on accelerator when at a complete stop\
The car has had the same temporary registration sticker in the window for the last 18 months
It has all the above issues but still has a $200 professional tint job

this
Not this!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/82f14c1c.jpg
See what I'm saying yet?

LOL!!!!

that description is EXACTLY what I consider a "Hooptie"... but is just soo funny...

Night Wolf
02-02-06, 10:50 PM
i had an 84 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, a 93 Fleetwood Brougham, a 95 Lincoln Continental, a 97 Lincoln Town Car, so i have had my share of big cars. around here we say hooptie to identify it as a big car and in some cases a big old car. whip or drop is the term used for my CTS. way back when hooptie meant an insult but then it just turned to identifiying big cars. i didnt say you should do anything to any of your cars, and you certainly will never change my opinions about lowriders. lowriders are a part of my life, i have been around/ worked on them since i was 8 and i certainly dont intend on stopping cause someone says a stock car looks nice. i am not saying that you dont get props on your car, i have never heard anyone say anything nice about any stock old Cadillac. the only time i gotta any sort of compliment on any of my old cars was "nice Caddy." but it was always followed with "needs some dubs or something."

Wow.... all I can say is.... upstate, NY or Clearwater, FL.... its a totally different place then where you live!

we use.... well, more normal names for cars.... like....car.... or truck.... or ricer etc.... I have heard whip before... but never drop...

Well, thats something I get to look forward to wit the Wrangler... it isn't a car... a truck, SUV, van, hooptie, whip or drop.... its a "Jeep" No mistake there ;) :).

Benzilla
02-02-06, 11:39 PM
Heh, I gotta say, after watching (buying) Goodfellas, I had a new found love for my '79... granted its a Sedan, but still.... and yeah, Cadillac does have a tough guy feel... while MB/BMW have the yuppie feeling... I get in the '79 it isn't like I think I am better then everyone else... its just don't mess with me :).
haha I know what you mean. Before I saw Goodlellas I thought the '77-'79 devilles were "okay" but then I watched it and I was like "holy sh*t, that things bad!" I love the phaeton top, and now the next car that I buy will be a '79 phaeton... in sadle firemist:bigroll: I just love that car!

I know what you mean about MB/BMW having that yuppie feeling, god I hate that feeling. heres my ideas: if a old caddy was a person, I think most would be like Tony Montana or Henry Hill, where as a benz would be..well.. think about if Donald Trump and Martha Stewart had a kid, know what I'm saying?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-02-06, 11:52 PM
haha I know what you mean. Before I saw Goodlellas I thought the '77-'79 devilles were "okay" but then I watched it and I was like "holy sh*t, that things bad!" I love the phaeton top, and now the next car that I but will be a '79 phaeton... in sadle firemist:bigroll: I just love that car!

I Loooooove that color combo on that '79 coupe deville that he's got!

"I'm a monkeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!"

Benzilla
02-03-06, 12:03 AM
First off, I'm from M.I. so don't imply that I talk like that

Second, I have no problem with custom cars, I have a subscripition to Lowrider for god sake! I love lowriding, its an art. I'm just talking about people who take cars that are in mint condition and do something dumb like paint them orange metal flake:hitstick: and in general make them tacky. Sh*t, I even have plans to juice my cutlass, so don't be actin like I'm some close minded dumba*s that dosen't no sh*t.

Oh and:farting:

509Rider
02-03-06, 02:44 AM
The ONLY thing I hate about customized vehicles is when they paint the car "orange" :nono: WTF is up with that???I dont like orange, why would any body paint a caddy orange.:mad2: :banghead:

509Rider
02-03-06, 02:46 AM

Second, I have no problem with custom cars, I have a subscripition to Lowrider for god sake! I love lowriding, its an art. I'm just talking about people who take cars that are in mint condition and do something dumb like paint them orange metal flake:hitstick: and in general make them tacky. Sh*t, I even have plans to juice my cutlass, so don't be actin like I'm some close minded dumba*s that dosen't no sh*t.

Oh and:farting:I just joking so calm the **** down, dont hate on the orange paint it cost more than all your cars put together.:stirpot:

Mr_Bam
02-03-06, 01:12 PM
There seems to still be a bunch of hurt feelings HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

durrk
02-03-06, 01:41 PM
Congratulations, Your lac looks like an oompaloompa covered in glitter.

Adam
02-03-06, 04:48 PM

Oh and:farting:

its ok man, he was just joking. juicing your Cutlass eh? hell yeah, i gotta see that sometime. you from morristown huh? and from MI? i lived in Flint, Detroit and Port Huron... you didnt happen to live in LA in the mid 90s did ya?

509Rider
02-03-06, 06:06 PM
Congratulations, Your lac looks like an oompaloompa covered in glitter.You talkin to me numbnuts?

durrk
02-03-06, 06:12 PM
yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh. just ****ing with you...

509Rider
02-03-06, 06:18 PM
yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh. just ****ing with you...:thepan: :thumbsup:

Benzilla
02-03-06, 06:44 PM
its ok man, he was just joking. juicing your Cutlass eh? hell yeah, i gotta see that sometime. you from morristown huh? and from MI? i lived in Flint, Detroit and Port Huron... you didnt happen to live in LA in the mid 90s did ya?
Yeah I plan on juicing it, it probably won't be any time soon though. It has some rust that needs to be addressed first, and I've hardly touched it because I've been puting all the money into restoring my '83 Coupe Deville. Its an '84 and its in pretty good shape exept its a M.I. car, so, you know, rust city:bigroll: . heres a pic
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0135.jpg
So your from Michigan too? I lived in Cadillac(sort of north east) and all my family is from M.I. and no I never lived in L.A.(although I really want to) its just so expensive!

509Rider
02-03-06, 06:53 PM
Yeah I plan on juicing it, it probably won't be any time soon though. It has some rust that needs to be addressed first, and I've hardly touched it because I've been puting all the money into restoring my '83 Coupe Deville. Its an '84 and its in pretty good shape exept its a M.I. car, so, you know, rust city:bigroll: . heres a pic
So your from Michigan too? I lived in Cadillac(sort of north east) and all my family is from M.I. and no I never lived in L.A.(although I really want to) its just so expensive!Thats a clean ass cut.

Mr_Bam
02-03-06, 10:02 PM
Thats a clean ass cut.

You're Monte is back up for sale and it's runnin GOOD :lildevil:

I missed the tires today so I'll probably be tearing her down a little and putting her back together a little better :wink: I'm thinking of redoing the woodgrain the same as my Nardi and my Nardi shifter...

Benzilla
02-03-06, 10:11 PM
Thats a clean ass cut.

Adam
02-03-06, 11:15 PM
that is nice. man it is taking everything ive got not to drive down there and steal it and juice it myself :D . mine had the interior completely reupholstered, full frame wrap, new paint, new set up... well basically everything but a chromed out hood/ undercarriage. i sold it and it went back up for sale about a year after i sold it. that thing was nice, has a Cadillac emblem on the front where my Olds hood ornament was knocked off. i miss it and i wanted to buy it back but i couldnt come up with the money... im still saving up for it though if he hasnt sold it already which im sure he has. one of these days when you start to juice it holler at me and ill roll down there for the weekend and help a little (well i know it takes longer than a few days) but i got experience with juice and these cars so hit me up man... you arent but like an hour from me... you off exit 8? and is that skate park still open? that was the last time i was in Morristown was going to the skate park.

So your from Michigan too? I lived in Cadillac(sort of north east) and all my family is from M.I. and no I never lived in L.A.(although I really want to) its just so expensive!

Mr_Bam
02-04-06, 12:22 AM
Minus reinforcements, you can juice a car in 2-3 days...

509Rider
02-04-06, 01:16 AM
Minus reinforcements, you can juice a car in 2-3 days...Then why has it taken you 2 years?:histeric:

Mr_Bam
02-04-06, 02:04 AM
I don't know what happened last summer... It's all good, with luck I'll have 4 customs out this summer...

Know what these are??? (took me almost a year to find all the parts to rebuild the NOS since the seals are leather and cardboard...)

509Rider
02-04-06, 04:02 AM
Nice pescos if thats how its spelled, just curious what those cost I know they are not cheap, please tell its like some big secret.

Mr_Bam
02-04-06, 11:48 AM
Nice pescos if thats how its spelled, just curious what those cost I know they are not cheap, please tell its like some big secret.

Depends on where (mainly IF) you can find the right ones... Most the cats on LIL that have these, run the bottom end ones or wrong ones all together... There's a few of the cars with the aircraft style setups that don't even work, hahahaha

509Rider
02-04-06, 03:37 PM
Depends on where (mainly IF) you can find the right ones... Most the cats on LIL that have these, run the bottom end ones or wrong ones all together... There's a few of the cars with the aircraft style setups that don't even work, hahahahaSo what do they cost? Or will you not tell the secret.:hmm:

Benzilla
02-04-06, 10:33 PM
that is nice. man it is taking everything ive got not to drive down there and steal it and juice it myself :D . mine had the interior completely reupholstered, full frame wrap, new paint, new set up... well basically everything but a chromed out hood/ undercarriage. i sold it and it went back up for sale about a year after i sold it. that thing was nice, has a Cadillac emblem on the front where my Olds hood ornament was knocked off. i miss it and i wanted to buy it back but i couldnt come up with the money... im still saving up for it though if he hasnt sold it already which im sure he has. one of these days when you start to juice it holler at me and ill roll down there for the weekend and help a little (well i know it takes longer than a few days) but i got experience with juice and these cars so hit me up man... you arent but like an hour from me... you off exit 8? and is that skate park still open? that was the last time i was in Morristown was going to the skate park.

Its great of you to offer your help. But it probably will be a while before I can get to it. Right now I need to get the rust in the trunk, and a couple more places fixed, and I gotta get the brakes done. And right now I'm still workin' on my Coupe Deville, so I have no idea when that will happen. Do you know of anybody in east T.N. thats good with paint/body work? Oh, and yeah I'm off exit 8, I don't really keep up with the skate parks, but the last time I checked nothing had closed. I'd like to see your cutlass, so if you have a couple old pics to post that would be cool.

Adam
02-05-06, 10:55 AM
Its great of you to offer your help. But it probably will be a while before I can get to it. Right now I need to get the rust in the trunk, and a couple more places fixed, and I gotta get the brakes done. And right now I'm still workin' on my Coupe Deville, so I have no idea when that will happen. Do you know of anybody in east T.N. thats good with paint/body work? Oh, and yeah I'm off exit 8, I don't really keep up with the skate parks, but the last time I checked nothing had closed. I'd like to see your cutlass, so if you have a couple old pics to post that would be cool.

yeah, bring it up here to UBD (unique by design) they do some damn good work. not too expensive either, well they were gonna charge me about 1k dollars to paint my Fleetwood and i dont remember how much extra for the 6 extra coats of clear. it was gonna be around 1,5k for it if i remember, labor and all. unfortunately i wrecked the car the day before i could get it painted. ill have to find the pics of my Cuttlass and i think i got it on video also... man its been almost three years since i sold it... well 2 and a half to be exact. so the pics are around here somewhere... well i got 1 pic of it when it was done and the before when it looked terrible.

Benzilla
02-05-06, 04:33 PM
yeah, bring it up here to UBD (unique by design) they do some damn good work. not too expensive either, well they were gonna charge me about 1k dollars to paint my Fleetwood and i dont remember how much extra for the 6 extra coats of clear. it was gonna be around 1,5k for it if i remember, labor and all. unfortunately i wrecked the car the day before i could get it painted. ill have to find the pics of my Cuttlass and i think i got it on video also... man its been almost three years since i sold it... well 2 and a half to be exact. so the pics are around here somewhere... well i got 1 pic of it when it was done and the before when it looked terrible.
I think I've heard of Unique by design, I guess I'll look then up in the spring, sounds like thay have pretty good prices. Right now all I need done is I want to have my Coupe Deville re-painted the original Cotillion White, and it needs to look perfect because I show that car. Later on I need somebody that can tackle the rust on the cutty, and I'm not sure what color I'mma do that in.

Mr_Bam
02-08-06, 01:21 AM
New shoes on... Time to start fabbing up the grill :lildevil:

Benzilla
02-08-06, 01:31 AM
OMG, that looks amazing! way better than 100 spokes ever would on that car. keep it gangsta :cool:

lacmang
02-08-06, 05:10 AM
in Texas (and other some other southern states) we also call hoopties "hoodoos" and Big Ol' Classic cars like Caddy's, Impalas are called "slabs". but even with our slang.

hooptie=raggedy
drop=convertible

Mr_Bam
02-08-06, 01:19 PM
in Texas (and other some other southern states) we also call hoopties "hoodoos" and Big Ol' Classic cars like Caddy's, Impalas are called "slabs". but even with our slang.

hooptie=raggedy
drop=convertible

Texas has some interesting slang, haha I've followed the slab scene since the early to mid 90's... Not exactly my style, but there are some hella nice upgrades to those cars...

Another shot of mine... The verticle grill and custom grills next to the license plate will look SICK :cool2:

Mr_Bam
02-08-06, 01:21 PM
Only things really left to do are the grill, fix the passenger door panel (whoever took it off last missed the back clip holding it on, I hope they didn't bust it, lol) and put the new dash in... Oh, and the front bumper is a little off, haha You can see it pretty good in the pic (shit like that just bugs the fock out of me!!!)

Adam
02-08-06, 04:41 PM

hooptie=raggedy
drop=convertible

yeah ive heard people say that out in Knoxville and Nashville. over here though we say hooptie but dont imply it to be a ragged out pos. its getting more popular to say that out here beside the word slab.

Adam
02-08-06, 04:41 PM

looks good man :thumbsup:

Adam
02-08-06, 04:48 PM
you know, i was just thinking of something... out here the ricer scene is bigger than the dub/ lowrider scene. it may stem from them saying "nice hooptie" and that might be why we say it. i remember back when i lived in Cali that hooptie meant your car was a pos but out here its *supposed* to mean nice big old car, so this is all regional i guess. there arent many lowriders out here and dubbed out cars are far and few in between also. the sad thing is though that throwin 26s on an old box Chevy is getting more popular.

lacmang
02-09-06, 01:52 AM
you know, i was just thinking of something... out here the ricer scene is bigger than the dub/ lowrider scene. it may stem from them saying "nice hooptie" and that might be why we say it. i remember back when i lived in Cali that hooptie meant your car was a pos but out here its *supposed* to mean nice big old car, so this is all regional i guess. there arent many lowriders out here and dubbed out cars are far and few in between also. the sad thing is though that throwin 26s on an old box Chevy is getting more popular.

theres probably more ricers everywhere because they're cheap pos that are easy to come by and easy to customize.

lacmang
02-09-06, 01:58 AM
Texas has some interesting slang, haha I've followed the slab scene since the early to mid 90's... Not exactly my style, but there are some hella nice upgrades to those cars...

Another shot of mine... The verticle grill and custom grills next to the license plate will look SICK :cool2:

yeah I really never liked belt buckles on the trunk. I don't think you should put buick portholes on everything either.

Mr_Bam
02-09-06, 12:30 PM
yeah I really never liked belt buckles on the trunk. I don't think you should put buick portholes on everything either.

hahahahahahahaha Yeah Buick portholes are tight on old Buicks hahaha

You can also have too many continental kits... I really do like some of the updated mirrors (w/ signal in the mirror) and some of the ideas behind the modifications... I couldn't roll with a pop trunk, but the idea behind it is cool...