: Transmission Problem?

lawnpatio
01-11-06, 02:11 PM
For the last couple of days when I put the car into reverse after just starting it, there is no movement. Typically the car moves very slowly but now the car doesn't move at all. It feels like there is something stuck underneath the car. So I slowly hit the gas and the car will move but feels restrained. Eventually I hear a loud thump and then everything seems fine. I don't have any problem changing gears, but just this inital change in reverse after starting the car. Has anyone experienced this or would have any idea what to do?

lawnpatio
01-12-06, 09:16 AM
I was thinking, could this be my rear brakes sticking??

CtA318
01-12-06, 02:46 PM
You should be geting the "BRAKE" light on the dash if your rears are sticking.

bengsxr
01-12-06, 03:20 PM
no your brakes can stick without a light and I think your talking about the parking brake light right. well that just works on the postion of the lever for the parking brake. but your brakes can stick in a cold and wet enviroment and you will not get any light.

lawnpatio
01-12-06, 03:48 PM
Yeah, its not the parking brake because I know you'll get the brake light on the dash. Its been around 30-40 degrees here with a wet snowy/rain mix, which would explain why they have been sticking. I just hope it doesn't cause too much of a problem on the car.