: AC/Heater gone!!!!!

Ziggiez
01-11-06, 12:26 PM
I am new to this thread so any assistance will be greately appreciated!!! Okay, one evening I am driving along with the heater on. All of a sudden not only does the heat stop blowing, but the entire panel that controls the AC/Heat/Defrost went completely blank. Now not only did the AC/Heater/Defroster(front & rear) go out(console blank), but the cigarette lighter and both front seat heaters don't come on. Shortly before it went completely out the drivers side was blowing cold and only the passengers side would get hot. My first thought was the fuses, but they appear to be okay any suggestions?

Ziggiez
01-12-06, 07:07 AM
[quote=Ziggiez]I am new to this thread so any assistance will be greately appreciated!!! Okay, one evening I am driving along with the heater on. All of a sudden not only does the heat stop blowing, but the entire panel that controls the AC/Heat/Defrost went completely blank. Now not only did the AC/Heater/Defroster(front & rear) go out(console blank), but the cigarette lighter and both front seat heaters don't come on. Shortly before it went completely out the drivers side was blowing cold and only the passengers side would get hot. My first thought was the fuses, but they appear to be okay any suggestions?

I'm sorry I forgot to mention I own a 1997 Catera.

gritter
01-12-06, 04:30 PM
i had this same problem my catera is in the shop now getting a new control head and right and left actuators i think they said. total cost $1200

bengsxr
01-12-06, 06:35 PM
well you can always search for parts in a junkyard they will cost you alot less if you going to do the work yourself. www.car-part.com nation wide search of all junk yards.

Ziggiez
01-13-06, 03:01 PM
Thanks you guys soooo much for your help, I'll check this out.
Are there any other places I can search for parts?

Boris
01-15-06, 04:17 PM
When my AC panel went blank I disconnected the battery for the night and all was well in the morning.

It did it a few more times soon after and I had to disconnect the battery every time but has been fine ever since.

Might be worth a try since it costs nothing.

Ziggiez
01-16-06, 08:05 AM
THANKS BORIS!!!!:D :D

Your suggestion worked like a charm. I never would've thunk it. :hmm: It has yet to go out again, but if it does I will definetly try this BEFORE taking it in for service.:helpless: THANKS for the tip.;)