: performance exhaust

PhillyCaddy
12-27-03, 03:47 PM
I am looking into possibly getting a performance exhaust for my 94 sls. and I just like to know if anyone is running anything and if so how you like it along with what you are running. "flowmaster,borla etc."

Sean McDonald
12-27-03, 04:07 PM
Although I have yet to install it. What I am looking at for my 94 STS is to run cat back by gutting the cat then running 3" mandrel bend back to a pair of flowmaster 50 series. I think and am hoping that this will sound very nice with the Northstar breathing through it.

ShadowLvr400
12-27-03, 05:25 PM
Ravin Z55 mufflers. Midas makes them.

Sean McDonald
12-27-03, 05:27 PM
And I'm assuming they sound good? Are they relatively inexpensive?

ShadowLvr400
12-27-03, 05:30 PM
Guess I should have said, they sound very deep and grumbly, classic muscle car feel. Cost me $330 installed. Took under an hour to have them done. Love them, and they're loud enough under load, but not enough to be tasteless or illegal.

Sean McDonald
12-27-03, 05:38 PM
Interesting, thank you.

Allante North *
12-27-03, 07:16 PM
I've got Borla's on mine. About $85 per muffler at Husker Performance and another $100 to install and remove the cat & new tips. Nice sound and I'm a happy camper. I wanted Corsa's, but they did not have anything for the Allante nor would they sell just the mufflers.

Good Luck either way you go!

PhillyCaddy
12-27-03, 10:08 PM
thank guys or girls. you are giving me some ideas and just as soon as i am ready i will be adding a nice exhaust. i am thinking of the flowmaster muffs. i just like to get the part#s and also like to know if they come with the double tips that are on the car now.

Sean McDonald
12-27-03, 10:11 PM
You can get double or single tips.

Allante North *
12-28-03, 09:56 AM
thank guys or girls. you are giving me some ideas and just as soon as i am ready i will be adding a nice exhaust. i am thinking of the flowmaster muffs. i just like to get the part#s and also like to know if they come with the double tips that are on the car now.

Just use your stock tips and replace the mufflers. A good muffler shop can accomodate you. If you need new tips, you can usually find them on Ebay or pull out the $$$$ and get new ones from you local dealer.

Freep
12-29-03, 05:49 AM
Check out MagnaFlows mufflers, I have them installed with a MagnaFlow High Flow Cat-back. Custom stainless dual tips as well. Magnaflows sound great on a N* and I gained about 20+ horses. They are just the right tone, not too loud and not too quiet either, I get a lot of compliments on it. Everyone should get a new exhaust system installed. Cadi exhausts are known to be very restrictive.

The guy that installed mine said a couple other Cadi's he has worked on(He thinks they were later models...'00 - '02) he removed the cat and went straight through to the mufflers and they sounded great he said.

We tried that on my '95, cut everything off started it up and gave her a rev. No way that was going to work, sounded like a NASCAR start with flames.

If you have a later model N* have the muffler shop try it straight first (no cat) and see how she sounds. Any muffler shop can install any mufflers and mandrel bend any tubing you need.

156MPH
12-29-03, 08:13 AM
Have Magna flows,full catback.sound really nice......

bharner
12-29-03, 06:10 PM
Have Magna flows,full catback.sound really nice......

Hey,
Couple of ?'s for you. Well first off I have 1998 STS. Im thinking of cutting of after the cat and put a 3" y shape pipe to run to some borlas mufflers. Any suggestions. Also I was wondering how you removed the speed limiter. Cause the STS cuts off stops at 130 mph. And I know it can do more.

156MPH
12-30-03, 03:47 PM
You have to have computer reprogramed,;) We have CAT inspection.so mine is gutted. hey tree huggers it runs cleaner without it.

sts 's that came with Speed rated tires, 156+ do not have limiters. OH YEAH they go faster than 130.

bharner
12-30-03, 04:34 PM
You have to have computer reprogramed,;) We have CAT inspection.so mine is gutted. hey tree huggers it runs cleaner without it.

sts 's that came with Speed rated tires, 156+ do not have limiters. OH YEAH they go faster than 130.

YES I LUV THAT! Well not the reprogramming part. $450. but 156mph on a caddy its worth it. She black on black with 18" rozi's and some 50's BFGoodWrench's(z rated), 10% tint all around, K&N and 2 12" JL's. I need to get some pics so i can show her off. Ima bout do the exhaust, redo tha brakes and put on some PowerStop's all around and pads not sure yet and the Ebiach srings they got it. lowers it an inch too. Then i will take some fotos. Thanks for the assistance.

:)