: Yes. another one of those transmission problems...

R-Caddy
01-10-06, 11:53 PM
Hi guys. I'll probably get right to the point. Bought the '97 Cat almost 2yrs ago. Had bad tranny: was only driving in 1st gear in manual selection. Had it replaced. Was shiftin with hesitation from 2nd to 3rd. Now just cleaned tranny and changed oil last week. They said that the pan was bent and probably blocking the filter. Got the pan straightened, replaced the filter. Mechanics also said that the dent was blocking some kind of a pick-up hose and the internals were "kinda" burnt. So, since then it started shifting worse and worse. Eventually, I am (again!) left with only the 1st gear in manual mode. God damn it! :banghead: A replacement runs in the neighbourhood of $700 an up + labor, and I also need to replace the u-joint and the rear main seal. So we're talkin close to $1500 again.
I searched the forums. Now I'm thinking I might not need to replace the tranny again. Hopefully. Please somebody tell me it's the solenoids or the computer. Anything would be quicker and cost less that replacing the transmission again. :hide:

R-Caddy
01-11-06, 08:59 PM
uhh.. I know there are a lot of these threads about trannies, but come on... Gimme a hand here, PLEASE :worship: