Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Couple Quick Questions

3K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  IdaV 
#1 ·
Hello! Recently got my hands on an '06 STS-V with 80k miles. I've got a couple quick questions though. The car has an intake and Corsa exhaust. Would that cause it to post P0430 & P0174 DTC's? I'm hesitant to take it into Cadillac because they charge $100 to diagnose the issue, and I've had bad experiences with dealerships. (Also displaying the Engine Hot message, but that will be fixed later. Have the parts and everything.)

Also, the leather on the drivers side door panels up near the windows has been damaged. Is it possible to just replace it, or do you need to purchase the entire door panel? Is this part still produced or will I need to find one from a wrecked STS-V?

Thanks for everything!

#4 ·
TimmyC, what's the easiest way to retune the MAF so it doesn't throw the code? I will take pictures of the damage and post them as soon as I am off work. It looks like the leather/material got damaged and they decided it was best to cut it off. Does the car have a pre and post cat HO2 sensor? I was thinking the 0430 could be an actual cat, or the post HO2 sensor failing.

Thanks for the help guys.

#9 ·
You can see the waviness that separates where the texture on top is smooth and below that it's more rough. The top got messed up because water got on the panel and dried out the leather. After that, the sun was able to damage it pretty easily.

As for the cutting. Someone went out of their way and cut that. Don't know what that's all about. You're going to have to replace those panels to get it to look how it's supposed to look.

#11 ·
There may be some closer to you than this (all door panels for the STS-V series work for you with color being the only differences)

Here is an example:
This happens to be the right hand front door panel in gray
www.car-part.com

Year Part Model
Description Part Grade Stock# Price Dealer Info

2006 Front Door Trim Panel Cadillac STS
RH,PL,PW,GRAY,V-SERIES,134,601 A 60132C $120 Schram Auto & Truck USA-MI(Waterford) 800-462-9292

Here is a black one:
2006 Right Front Door Panel Cadillac STS
BLK ,STS-V A 140578A $100 Diamond Auto Parts USA-WI(Fond-duLac) 1-888-236-7731

#17 ·
IdaV said:
I sent you a PM. Does anybody have the Factory Service Manual on digital format? (.PDF, .DOC, .DOCX, .RTF, etc) I'm looking into changing the transmission fluids, and I've never done it on an automatic before. Thanks!
Sorry I haven't sent the email yet, I've been Crazy Busy this week. I promise I'll take the pics tomorrow & get them emailed to you!!

#21 ·
IdaV said:
I haven't got any email, and for some reason I can't PM you. Possibly because I'm using the mobile site. Can you PM the photos to me?
Just sent the email. My cell number is in the email if you have any questions or want to talk some more about them. Just shoot me a text first. Sorry it took so long, holiday time with 4 young kids gets a little hectic......Lol

#22 ·
Well, more great news. Power steering started to play me the song of its people today, so I checked the reservoir and it was bone dry. I refilled it, and about 90 miles later it's bone dry again. I'll have to put the car on the lift this weekend. Is this a common problem, or is there anything I should check first/expect to purchase to fix the issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.