: Nav System/DVD Player & Rear Ent. System

a12srx
01-10-06, 11:02 AM
If a DVD movie is playing in the Rear Ent. System, am I able to see the video up front, on the Nav Screen as well? Thanks

sgilbert
01-10-06, 12:26 PM
NOPE! At least not while driving.

Now, I must add, if you had an '04, there is a code you can enter to allow front viewing---but dear 'ol GM caught it in the '05's & beyond.

a12srx
01-11-06, 08:37 AM
Ok, not while driving, but how about when the car is parked? Is there a code that I need to make this work, if it's even possible? Thanks

sgilbert
01-11-06, 01:51 PM
How many people do you know that do/would sit in their driveway or a parking lot and watch a movie? Not me!

john d
01-11-06, 04:14 PM
How many people do you know that do/would sit in their driveway or a parking lot and watch a movie? Not me!
I see our age's are quite close so I'd presume you in earlier, and maybe happier, times frequented drive-in theaters too.
What with those facilities on the wane I can understand why folding down the back seats, spreading a thick mattress pad cushion over the flat floor, starting a DVD on the rear seat fold up LCD screen and streaching out prone would be comforable and relaxing. Certainly preferable to an indoor theatre with the noisy crowd, sticky floors, snezzing/coughing and ticket prices.
Not likely to break out a side window when leaving due to a forgotten speaker hanging from the door glass!
Agree?

sgilbert
01-11-06, 05:28 PM
Welllll....I also don't live in CA! :)

I watch my DVD movies comfortably in bed on my $89 sony DVD player where I can pause and go to the "john" easily if need be. We "old" folks need that assurance!

john d
01-11-06, 09:49 PM
Welllll....I also don't live in CA! :)

I watch my DVD movies comfortably in bed on my $89 sony DVD player where I can pause and go to the "john" easily if need be. We "old" folks need that assurance!
Paid my "drive in" ticket admission at The Lafayette Drive-In on road 52 in Indianapolis in my new 57 Ford Fairlane 500. It's the one that did 0-60 in 9.5 seconds .............just like my re-flashed 320hp Northstar V8 04 SRX!
In later years took the little ones to that drive-in too.
Heard it's a mall now.
Unfortunatly, I know too well of what you speak regarding the nearness of indoor plumbing facilities!

a12srx
01-13-06, 07:23 AM
I'm not talking about this at all. I'm talking about when the wife is shopping at the mall and I'm waiting in the car with the kids...sometimes for a while, trying to pass time.

Kipp
01-15-06, 02:15 AM
If a DVD movie is playing in the Rear Ent. System, am I able to see the video up front, on the Nav Screen as well? Thanks

Yes you can. But I dont recall if the disk has to be in the front or back. It shuts off the front screen as you take the car out of park.

TurboEL
01-17-06, 03:35 AM
maybe you can try another way round:
play your kid's DVD in Nav DVD-Drive, and tab the video signal to the Reat Ent. Sys. It works!

Still don't think it's necessary. Play with kids in the mall :thumbsup: