: Burnt smell coming from engine

Zacillac
01-09-06, 08:58 PM
I have owned my '00 Cat for about five months. I've changed all the fluids, but when I am at a stop and have the windows down or when I get out after shutting it off there's a strong burnt liquid smell (kinda like something leaking onto the engine), does anyone else have this problem. What is it?

CtA318
01-09-06, 09:52 PM
I have a similar problem with smoke and a burning smell. The burning smell could be a number of things depending on what the smell smells like.

Check out my thread to track my problem and my on-going mechanical work to try and fix it: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62148

gixxer_751
01-11-06, 10:33 AM
check for leaky valve covers.. i had to change out mine cuz everytime i was at a stop it was start smelling and can see the smoke emitting from underneath the hood

R-Caddy
01-11-06, 12:41 PM
or maybe a heater control valve. that usually gets you some smoke, but it smells kinda sweet :)

Zacillac
01-17-06, 01:43 AM
I changed my oil and ran a check up all around, tightened some bolt and caps here and there. Doesn't seem to smell funny anymore, thanks for the replies though.