Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Shift time

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  sts454049 
#1 ·
Hello guys

I've been having this thing that when I'm using the shifter and I shift on rpm above 6200 the car feels like it's dropping on it face and it goes back again to normal in next gear

I dunno if it's normal when I go above the shift point or something can be done with tuning and what's the best rpm shift point

#4 ·
Yea your wating too long to shift shift at 6k you will be fine the car stock drops off in power be for than any way. And yes tuning can fix 95% of it. I have a 6750 red line and I can shift at 6600 and not hit it. But I normally shift at 6200. Our you need to learn to start a race in manual then slap the shifter in to drive and then back to sport. It takes practice but works the best. The cts-v guys do it all the time.

#8 ·
That's tricky ..

So let's say I switch it to the shifter and in first gear as soon as I hit the paddle i switch to drive then I go back to the manual or sport mode ? Am I right here

Isn't this kinda too much for the tranny ?

Yes start at say 60 in 2m hut the gas and as your doing that slap the stick in to d. You can let it there if you want our do what I do and slap it right back in too s. your not going to hurt the trans your doing it so fast it's still only up shifting one time. The cts-v guys have been doing it since 09 with out issues. And I have been doing it since 2010 so.

#14 ·
sure thing man >>

first you will move the lever to the Sport mode ( you will see the letter S next to the D in the monitor screen in the Dash )

and then double click on the traction control button and the monitor will show competitive driving mode on

and slam that bi**h had lol

#21 ·
^^^

the winter here is car friendly comparing to the summer lol :(

somehow the oil cap is missing and the idiots who call themselves a dealership don't have it in stock i had to order it myself from ebay and for $21 while the dealer was selling it for $47 if they had it in stock.

i should receive it within 3 to 5 days and then the car will be taken to be wrapped in black matte and the calipers will be painted yellow and i'll remove the catalysts and retune it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.