: New member and new Catera owner...

GDaina
01-07-06, 10:14 AM
Hello everyone. Previously I owned a '97 Catera but unfortunately, my son did a number on the car way back when in 2002 driving northe on I-71 out of Columbus in a torrential downpour, hit standing water and smacked almost head on into the center concrete divider...insurance totaled the car but everyone escaped injury. Seat belts were invented to be used, right?

Anyhoo...I just purchased another one, '98 94K on the clock, moon roof, cd/tape, heated seats and all the other extras. This car is a non smoker car, the ash tray and cigarette lighter have never been used. Tires are about 75% to the good. Mint dondition with one exception, the trunk carpeting is a little soiled. Chrome rims. Only thing the car lacks is the romote keyless entry.

I've seen some on ebay and am wondering about the programming. Where can I get the instructions to program these units? I assume the ones listed for 96-99 will work.

Oh yea, purchase price was $3675.00.

Little about me: I own a 68 Corvette, had it since 69. in Jan 2001 completed a 2 year body off restoration. Did all the work myself with the exception of installing the windshield and the convertible top. Rest...body work, paint, mechanical, all my work.