: 00 cruise control question

powercatmaniac
01-03-06, 05:24 PM
The cruise cntl works intermittently, about 1 out of 20 times of starting the car. I think it may just be a switch issue, as the ON switch feels different when it works, as compared to when it doesn't. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kris

drb5392
06-09-06, 12:02 PM
Mine did the same. There is a small fuse box on top of the battery, with 4 fuses in it. One fuse by itself and then three others together. The one by itself controls the cruise control. Mine was loose. I pushed it back in and the cruise worked fine. Hope it helps

steelwill777
06-09-06, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the input I have the same problem. Will definitely try that out before sending it back to the stealership.

overplayed
06-10-06, 10:45 AM
I had the same issue on my 2001 and it was the brake light switch. Check and see if your brake lights are working properly. I had noticed that my brake lights were working intermittently while backing into a parking space in front of a store window. And then finally quit working at all. The whole time my cruise control worked most of the time. The switch cost $29 not too hard to put in after you get to old one out. I ended up braking the old one out. Hope this helps.

Jeff