: Custom Intake

Sean McDonald
12-24-03, 01:34 PM
Well, I got bored last night so I decided to finally build my intake. It's a short ram that I put together for the NorthStar. If anybody is interested, I can send pics. The sound difference is not much as of yet, however, it has been my experience in the past that they get louder as they get some miles on them. As far as performace goes....very nice increase. Well, Merry Chrstmas everyone!

JJhomer83
12-24-03, 01:37 PM
Well, I got bored last night so I decided to finally build my intake. It's a short ram that I put together for the NorthStar. If anybody is interested, I can send pics. The sound difference is not much as of yet, however, it has been my experience in the past that they get louder as they get some miles on them. As far as performace goes....very nice increase. Well, Merry Chrstmas everyone!

Will it work on the 4.9L love to see the pics either way

Sean McDonald
12-24-03, 01:45 PM
I could certainly show you how to make one for the 4.9 I have never seen one in person so if you or somebody else could send me a pic of the engine bay I could tell you how to do it! I will post pics of mine sometime over the next day or 2.

Allante North *
12-24-03, 02:34 PM
Put some pic's in the picture section and let us know when you do it.

Thanks!

Sean McDonald
12-24-03, 04:33 PM
Will do!

bob2231
12-25-03, 10:08 AM
I could certainly show you how to make one for the 4.9 I have never seen one in person so if you or somebody else could send me a pic of the engine bay I could tell you how to do it! I will post pics of mine sometime over the next day or 2. I can try and get pics from my 92 Eldorado, and put them I guess in the photo section. Then if you figure something out, just let us know. I know Josh is drooling for mods.
Bob

STSEli
12-30-03, 04:06 PM
As far as performace goes....very nice increase.

Measured how?

-Eli

Submariner409
11-22-10, 10:34 AM
I built my short ram intake too, coz the standard tubing was way too long for my car, got to have some nice tools to make it fit tightly.

Not bad for resurrecting a 7 year old thread for the wrong vehicle model with the wrong engine for this Forum.

........and, as STSEliposted 7 years ago, just how did you document any "performance increase" ? Before and after dyno runs ??