: New Tahoe Commercial!

DopeStar 156
01-02-06, 03:30 PM
Haha did anyone see the new Chevy Tahoe commercial? Two kids are standing at the end of their driveway watching their parents drive away in a Ford Escape. Then they look next door and see a family packing all their crap and all the kids are in the Tahoe and they drive away. Then the two kids look at each other and then back at the Tahoe. And the narrator says "Chevy Tahoe, room for everyone." Haha I thought it was a funny shot at the Escape, which I'm not very fond of. Interesting how GM is releasing a 2007 model January 10th. Sounds like new body confidence though. I hope the new Tahoes sell like insanity.

mccombie_5
01-02-06, 03:33 PM
Are they allowed to do that???

Use another company's car to make theirs look better???

Surely they couldnt use the Escape without permission?

gary88
01-02-06, 03:38 PM
as long as the escape was de-badged, there shouldn't be any problem

Vesicant
01-02-06, 04:32 PM
Are they allowed to do that???
Use another company's car to make theirs look better???
Surely they couldnt use the Escape without permission?

Its pretty much "in your face" competition. In a Lincoln commercial they showed their new Mark LT truck towing an Escalade EXT out of the water when it should be the other way 'round. :rolleyes:

I wish I could see the Tahoe commercial...

Jesda
01-02-06, 06:13 PM
HAhahaha! Thats brilliant!

DopeStar 156
01-02-06, 06:41 PM
I didn't take the time to notice, but I'm sure it was debadged. It was definately an Escape though. I like commercials like that. Raises heat in competition.

90Brougham350
01-02-06, 07:58 PM
It's good that GM could finally get back at Ford for that stupid boat launch commercial. I can't stand those stupid Escapes. Front-wheel drive until 4-wheel is needed? What a bunch of BS! And it's so little, and feminine! And the colors! Ick! I really like the new Tahoe. I think the dash looks very appealing, much better than the current generation of boring dark grey in the trucks.

Jesda
01-02-06, 08:33 PM
I like the Escape, actually. Nicest small SUV on the market. A hoot to drive, since its car-based. The Mazda version is even better with its suspension mods. Crap interior though.

DopeStar 156
01-02-06, 10:34 PM
If I was gonna buy a Ford SUV I'd get an Expedition. I owned one for a couple weeks when I had no car and my parents were beinging their 98 back because the lease was gonna expire in two weeks. I liked that truck. It was a 98 Eddie Bauer version. Still my favorite truck my parents ever had was their 89 Suburban. Bad ass truck and you couldn't stop it.

Jon
01-02-06, 10:45 PM
.............Yes, let's compare our fullsize SUV to a compact SUV... Brilliant...

Boombotz
01-02-06, 10:47 PM
I just saw another Tahoe commercial. It is going to have Power folding seats in the second row. Power lift gate, and back up camera when in reverse. Coming Jan. 19.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-02-06, 11:05 PM
Still my favorite truck my parents ever had was their 89 Suburban. Bad ass truck and you couldn't stop it.

had an 88 for my shop truck for a little while in alaska , 6.2 diesel , 4wd ,full floaters, No other options (not even a headliner or radio), and yes , its unstopable ...really liked it , the base general decided he liked it more , they took it from me , repainted it airforce blue (when i had it , it was firetruck yellow) and gave it to him to use......

FSU_Noles
01-02-06, 11:13 PM
So 2006 Escalade's should be cheap.... not sure who won't wait for the 2007 'lade.

DopeStar 156
01-03-06, 01:12 AM
I wonder if the '07 Escalades come out this early too....

FSU_Noles
01-03-06, 08:05 AM
I wonder if the '07 Escalades come out this early too....

There is a link on the Cadillac Website for the 07, however they predominantly show the 06 - gotta get them sold first. I would imagine they would be released in a similar time frame as the rest of the GM fullsize SUV line.