: Intake mod

Dadillac
01-01-06, 07:04 PM
While changing out my transmission fluid, I decided to remove the big air container on the intake hose. I ended up using the lid from a rattle can (I used a reinforced lid, not a flimsy one). I cut the cap down to about 1", and wrapped it a few times with electrical tape. The cap is almost exactly the size, just a little off. Used a hose clamp to secure it. There is no extra noise, and the N*'s performance has not been changed. But, it makes getting to the trans dip stick a no brainer. Check it out.

Don

CadillacSTS42005
01-01-06, 07:25 PM
crap man market those!! they would make it so much easier to check the tranny fluid!!!

danbuc
01-02-06, 01:41 AM
I used a rubber PVC plug from the Home Depot. I glued mine in, and attached a hose clap around the outside.

JPL189
01-08-06, 11:55 PM
What is the purpose of the original piece of equipment? It just seems odd that GM wouldn't have done that in the original design or am I missing something?

danbuc
01-09-06, 02:18 AM
It's there to quiet induction noise......you knwo that cool whine that you hear when the air rushes in real fast after you mash the pedal? Yeah, that noise. It's basically to kep it quiet. That's about it. Also, it helps make it much more difficult to check your trans fluid, and remove the back half of the airbox to change the filter.....that's the main reason I got rid of it.

Dadillac
01-09-06, 06:17 PM
It's there to quiet induction noise......you knwo that cool whine that you hear when the air rushes in real fast after you mash the pedal? Yeah, that noise. It's basically to kep it quiet. That's about it. Also, it helps make it much more difficult to check your trans fluid, and remove the back half of the airbox to change the filter.....that's the main reason I got rid of it.
Amen brudda.

Don