: Excited for Barrett Jackson!

SpeedyArizona
12-31-05, 12:44 AM
Only 2 more weeks until I'll be sitting in the stands at Barrett Jackson! I've already got my line of credit from the bank, and am ready to start bidding! Now, I do have my eye on a few cars that caught my eye, but I won't TRY to pay obcene globs of money (unless I get in my competitive mode):cookoo: !

Here's the cars that I'm thinking about:

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A Coupe (most likely to get)
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=182089

1968 Shelby GT500 Fastback (highly doubt I'll get it)
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=183825

1970 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda Convertible (I really want this one!)
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=183447

1963 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (really want this one also)
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=182151

1963 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (gorgeous)
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=182955

Now it's just a waiting game until the big day(s)! Trouble is, I can only afford one:rant2: .

SpeedyArizona
12-31-05, 12:48 AM
1970 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda Convertible (I really want this one!)

I already know this one will go for WELL over $2,000,000, so I definetly won't get it!

FSU_Noles
12-31-05, 12:53 AM
Of the 2 Corvette's I would be leary of the one with the "messed up" title. I am sure there is more information than BJ had on their page regarding the error at the DMV listing the car as a 63.

The 2nd is NCRS rated and will probably cost a pretty penny, actually probably many hundreds of thousands of them.

Good Luck - have fun!!! I can't imagine the temptation to buy everything that seemed like a steal.

:suspense:

SpeedyArizona
12-31-05, 01:00 AM
That's the one bad thing about having a line of credit. All you must do is tell the Barrett Jackson Rep. what you want to bid, and that car could be yours!

LaneWvr
12-31-05, 05:53 AM
Go for the convertable Corvette, thats one of my favorite cars.

Spyder
12-31-05, 07:37 AM
Wow...the T/A would be my first choice...under the Hemi 'Cuda, just because a two million dollar car is freaking ridiculous...

Katshot
12-31-05, 10:04 AM
Great choices but I have to tell you that if you REALLY want a car like that, the last place you should be looking for is at Barrett Jackson. That place is friggin' circus and their prices are well known to be heavily inflated from even what has become a ridiculous market these days. There WILL be plenty of nice cars there but you won't be finding any DEALS.

SpeedyArizona
12-31-05, 12:37 PM
Great choices but I have to tell you that if you REALLY want a car like that, the last place you should be looking for is at Barrett Jackson. That place is friggin' circus and their prices are well known to be heavily inflated from even what has become a ridiculous market these days. There WILL be plenty of nice cars there but you won't be finding any DEALS.

As my father says, "Some people have more money than sense". The one reason I'd rather go to Barrett Jackson than scan the classifieds is because they have MANY prime examples of certain cars I'm always on the lookout for. And I want to be seen on tv :D, haha!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-31-05, 12:47 PM
wait, so if you bid and win, you'll be on TV?

My first choice is the '68 GT500, but since you say you probably wont get that, the '70 Challenger T/A is nice too! A little T&A is always good! :thumbsup:

SpeedyArizona
01-01-06, 06:12 PM
My first choice is the '68 GT500, but since you say you probably wont get that

No, I meant I probably wouldn't get it because it will go out of my price range. My credit only stretches so far before I'd have to drop out.

Rolex
01-01-06, 07:05 PM
I love watching the BJ auctions. There seem to be a lot of car guys with more money than good sense though. All that high bidding does a lot to raise the value of other classics, and it usually makes for good ratings. :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-01-06, 07:26 PM
It makes for good television for those of us who cant afford that kind of super nice car :)

FSU_Noles
01-01-06, 10:24 PM
Watching BJ on SPEED, Keep us all posted on your experience, I think we are bidding vicariously through you...

Good luck..

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-02-06, 12:27 AM
I saw a lime green '70 Challenger T/A go for like $70,000 and I thought of "that Cadillac guy from Arizona" ;)

SpeedyArizona
01-02-06, 12:53 AM
Haha, I don't think I'd pay THAT much for a T/A :eek:! I'm very interested to see what the HEMI 'Cuda Convertible goes for!
I've made up my mind though, they might as well stick a "Sold" sign on that 1967 Corvette Convertible because nobody will outbid me on that one:lildevil: !http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=182565

SpeedyArizona
01-02-06, 01:07 AM
Should've posted a link
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=182565

That "DMV" sitaution plus non-matching numbers rattled me, so I gave up on that 'Vette and found a '67 427 Convertible that is equal if not better.

FSU_Noles
01-02-06, 11:56 AM
Should've posted a link
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=182565

That "DMV" sitaution plus non-matching numbers rattled me, so I gave up on that 'Vette and found a '67 427 Convertible that is equal if not better.

Nice ride, I will be in the market for one of those soon. Good luck on your bidding. I am guessing that car goes for around 70k as well.....

terrible one
01-02-06, 01:02 PM
The Challenger!!

SpeedyArizona
01-02-06, 01:07 PM
I am guessing that car goes for around 70k as well.....

Great minds think alike! I was also figuring that it would go for around $70K-$85K.

gdwriter
01-02-06, 04:11 PM
Speedy, that Vette is sweet. I envy your line of credit. I wouldn't kick the Challenger out of my garage, either.

I went to Barrett-Jackson a few times when I lived in Phoenix, and while it was fun to look at all the cool cars (one year some guy from Albuquerque was unloading a huge collection of '59 Cadillacs), the place was a zoo. Expensive, too. At least the last time I went (2003), I was seeing a couple of my freelance clients who had booths so I could write it off.

I went to a couple of the other auctions (Silver, Russo & Steele) that also come to Arizona in the winter; they also had some beautiful cars, just fewer of them. Not quite the bidding frenzy, either.

Will have to see if my satellite carrier offers the Speed Channel so I can watch this year.

SpeedyArizona
01-02-06, 05:53 PM
I always register as a bidder (even if I don't plan on buying) because of all the perks! A normal pass for all the days is $150, but for only $200 more ANYONE can have access to the VIP events (and their guest). I always go with a buddy of mine that's a car nut, we split the $350 registration fee and I register my line of credit. I really can't think of a better way of spending $175 than being able to get up close and personal with these cars.

My only problem now....self control :eek:!

Rolex
01-02-06, 07:31 PM
WOW!! That 67 Vette is gorgeous. My dad has always wanted a 67 Vette convertible. I'd love to buy that classic for him.

FSU_Noles
01-03-06, 12:17 AM
$3,000,000 ??? To put a car in a museum... no way!!!
:bigroll:

SpeedyArizona
01-03-06, 12:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$3,000,000 ??? To put a car in a museum... no way!!!

It's crazy, Ferrari Alan got his precious F-88 in the end though...

SpeedyArizona
01-03-06, 12:31 AM
By the way, does anyone know if Boyd Coddington has a custom in this year's BJ?

FSU_Noles
01-03-06, 09:07 AM
By the way, does anyone know if Boyd Coddington has a custom in this year's BJ?

I saw a brief clip that the Coddington "Sha-zoom" 57 Chevy was the highest seller at $345,000, but that has obviously been eclipsed by the $3 Million dollar man.