: New Year's Resolutions for 2006

Elvis
12-30-05, 09:54 AM
What's on your list? Anything?

Here's mine:

1) 35" waist. If it takes losing pounds, fine. I'm more concerned with inches and fitting into my good clothes! I'm at 36" and growing right now. Gotta fix that.

2) Exercise more. Whether it leads to losing the weight or not, I don't care. The main thing is cardio and lung capacity.

3) Go back to Church. I'm officially "middle-aged." Most people are dead before 83 and I'm halfway there. Gotta get right with the Man (or Woman) upstairs.

4) Spend less time playing on the internet posting things like New Year's resolutions.

deskjockey
12-30-05, 10:19 AM
That's an awesome list, lemme know if I can help I'm a nutrition guy and am very much into the "man upstairs"! Hope you can stick to 'em. Mine are to get my wife outta her job and to get in great shape. I'm not advertising or whatever if that is against the rules but if you want some info on a great system my wife and I had success with I'll shoot it over to you and my website is http://www.plotnerteam.com , password is : vision.

Happy New Year!

Jesda
12-30-05, 10:38 AM
I'm gonna be a nicer person.

^^But I have to stop being a liar first.

SpeedyArizona
12-30-05, 12:40 PM
1) Exercise more, I like to stay in shape, but never find the time to do something good for my body (I guess those gallons of double chocolate fudge ice cream doesn't help either ;)).

Well, that's about it!

Kev
12-30-05, 12:52 PM
1. Be a better man.
2. Be a better husband.
3. Be a better father.
4. Be a better son.
5. Be a better friend.
6. Be a better citizen.
7. Be a better businessman.

Sandy
12-30-05, 01:04 PM
I started mine, on my birthday, 2 weeks ago, and THAT was to quit cigarettes once & for all. I've quit 2 times in the past, once for a week, and once for 3 months. This time, well this time I am gonna make it forever ~ this time I am going to be successful!! I smoked for 42 years. Just had a complete physical, ultra sounds, scopes, body fluids tested, blood taken, you name it, & I had it ! 4 different doctors, and over $ 1,700 in medical bills. Result ? Everything is perfect, not a flaw, except high blood pressure, which is kept in check with pills. So, I am thinkfull and don't wanna push my luck. Another 42 years withOUT ciggies !! My lungs are clear, heart is perfect (recovered from being broken, torn, stapled and bent in 1974). ;)

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 01:05 PM
1) See the kids more (you think taking six weeks out to travel round Europe will void this?)

2) Spend more time with Claire

3) Buy a Bentley (I said I'd do it this year, but I didnt)

4) Drop a waist size

SpeedyArizona
12-30-05, 01:15 PM
3) Buy a Bentley (I said I'd do it this year, but I didnt)

That's a New Year's Resolution? In that case, I'm buying a Ferrari and joining at F1 Racing Team....yeah right :D!

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 01:17 PM
That's a New Year's Resolution? In that case, I'm buying a Ferrari and joining at F1 Racing Team....yeah right :D!

LOL

Yeah, I suppose it isnt a real one, but I will buy a Bentley in 2006. I deserve it!

Spyder
12-30-05, 01:29 PM
McCombie...the years not over! Go buy it now!

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 01:31 PM
McCombie...the years not over! Go buy it now!

LOL

If the bank was open I probably would. As it stands I dont quote have that much cash in the house!!

slk230mb
12-30-05, 01:33 PM
You can buy me a Bentley in 2005. You never said it had to be for you. :sneaky:

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 01:37 PM
Nice try Steve!:sneaky:

DopeStar 156
12-30-05, 02:02 PM
Before the end of 2006 I will make that foxy metal mistress I've been chasing for the past three months mine. The Metal one shall be mine!!! *Manicial laughter*

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 02:02 PM
my new years resolution:
get a girlfriend (I finally found one I like enough to go out with, I just have to ask :) )

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 02:18 PM
my new years resolution:
get a girlfriend (I finally found one I like enough to go out with, I just have to ask :) )

Just remember not to let it be too big a thing for you.

She probably wont, but just in case she does turn you down, just say something like "no problem, another time"

Good luck to you and Dope!

DBA-One
12-30-05, 03:14 PM
I have none. I'm perfect the way I am.

Kev
12-30-05, 03:27 PM
I have none. I'm perfect the way I am.Congratulations!

:lies: :p

:duck:

:sneaky:

DBA-One
12-30-05, 03:35 PM
I guess I do have one flaw. Talking trash!

Kev
12-30-05, 04:04 PM
"I made a mistake once, I though I was wrong!"

:histeric:

Kev
12-30-05, 04:08 PM
When the Minister asked the woman why she was leaving his church she said; "I'm looking for the perfect church to attend."
To which he responded; "Well, if you do find one, don't go there, you'll ruin it!" :eek: :suspense:

:rofl:

DBA-One
12-30-05, 04:21 PM
:thumbsup:

DBA-One
12-30-05, 04:21 PM
"I made a mistake once, I though I was wrong!"

:histeric:

I know the feeling. That happened to me ONCE!

DopeStar 156
12-30-05, 04:28 PM
Just remember not to let it be too big a thing for you.
She probably wont, but just in case she does turn you down, just say something like "no problem, another time"
Good luck to you and Dope!
hahaha kinda funny Chad and myself both asked for the same thing and posted at the same time....

Thanks, I am very determined to make this happen. I'm not lettin' this sexy lady get away....

DBA-One
12-30-05, 04:32 PM
Is she that hot chick in your signature?This Omega character?

Sandy
12-30-05, 05:05 PM
I can hear the first date conversation, as Dope picks her up:

"Foxy Lady" :- Ewww, is THIS your FATHER'S car?

Dope: Naw, it's MINE ~ My Baby !

"Foxy Lady" - "Ewww, it's sooooo big ~ it's like my GrandPaws Lincoln; is it a Lincoln ??"

Dope: No! It's a CAD-O-LAC! Fleeetwoood Bro-HAM !

"Foxy Lady" :- "Ewww, why do wnat THIS ? ~ I like HONDAs and Nissans!" ~ The're waaay cool"

Dope: No, this is real luxury, you can recline and feel the smooth ride.

Foxy Lady :- "All my friends have Toy O tas" ~~ I like Toy -O Tas" ~ This is like a old man's yacht type beached whale boat car thingieee"

Dope takes her to White Castle buys her fries & Coke & rightfully takes her home! End of Foxy Lady.

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 05:08 PM
"Foxy Lady" - "Ewww, it's sooooo big ~ it's like my GrandPaws Lincoln; is it a Lincoln ??"
"Foxy Lady" :- "Ewww, why do wnat THIS ? ~ I like HONDAs and Nissans!" ~ The're waaay cool"
Foxy Lady :- "All my friends have Toy O tas" ~~ I like Toy -O Tas" ~ This is like a old man's yacht type beached whale boat car thingieee"
Dope takes her to White Castle buys her fries & Coke & rightfully takes her home! End of Foxy Lady.

Something similar happened to me when I had my very first car, my dads Jaguar E-Type.

"What do you want this heap for? Its 13 years old!"

"Remind me the way back to your house"

DBA-One
12-30-05, 05:10 PM
I learned how to drive in a 77 FWB. I also banged a chick in it. It was my dad's car!

tru504187211
12-30-05, 05:13 PM
1. Excercise...
2. MCSA, Net+, Inet+!
3. Be good to the winner I found...
4. Paint the Brougham...candy red with gold flakes?

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 05:17 PM
I learned how to drive in a 77 FWB. I also banged a chick in it. It was my dad's car!

Jaguar Mark X

Biggest back seat on the planet :thumbsup:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/jaguar_mk10_3-4.jpg

DBA-One
12-30-05, 05:18 PM
That is why I like cars with a long wheel base. I need room to work.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 05:34 PM
LOL the girl I like has called my car a "sexmobile" many times. She knows how much room there is in the backseat!

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 05:37 PM
That is why I like cars with a long wheel base. I need room to work.

LOL

Mercedes Benz 600 Pullman

Look like the boss of the underworld! And get down to a bit of the underworld ;)

:cool2:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/023_vl60merc600pullman_b.jpg

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 05:37 PM
LOL the girl I like has called my car a "sexmobile" many times. She knows how much room there is in the backseat!

;) sounds like youre already in!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 05:38 PM
YAY! :D

Knock on wood!!!!

Kev
12-30-05, 05:40 PM
Is she that hot chick in your signature?This Omega character?You know that 'hot chick' is a guy, right? :suspense:

Just checking.... :bigroll:

DBA-One
12-30-05, 05:43 PM
You know that 'hot chick' is a guy, right? :suspense:

Just checking.... :bigroll:

That was a joke. I'm a Manson fan myself. The Omega usage was a clue. "Omega and the Mechanical Animals" appears in the album art.

DBA-One
12-30-05, 05:45 PM
LOL

Mercedes Benz 600 Pullman

Look like the boss of the underworld! And get down to a bit of the underworld ;)

:cool2:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/023_vl60merc600pullman_b.jpg

Damn skippy. The Pullman gives me lots of room that I need.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 05:47 PM
holy shit you could have a full on Roman Orgy in the back of THAT car

Kev
12-30-05, 05:47 PM
That was a joke. I'm a Manson fan myself. The Omega usage was a clue. "Omega and the Mechanical Animals" appears in the album art.I was hoping that to be the case.
Anemic, anorexic looking dudes with lots of make-up and really weird costumes tend to creep me out.
They would not have survived my neighborhood!

Kev
12-30-05, 05:48 PM
I no longer need a back seat ...... heh heh ........ :D

DBA-One
12-30-05, 05:49 PM
That and even if I were gay I don't think I'd like my guys to have boobs!

Kev
12-30-05, 05:51 PM
That and even if I were gay I don't think I'd like my guys to have boobs!The case in point would have to be termed a questionable singular in the "Boob" department.... :histeric::rofl:

DBA-One
12-30-05, 05:54 PM
LOL. Walking around like that where I grew up would get you beat down daily. However, The "Mechanical Animals" album is very good. I'm not so much in to that type of music but that particular CD is very good. I like every song on it and he is actually a very intelligent person. He is just a freak and that is all.

DBA-One
12-30-05, 05:56 PM
I'll check in with you G's in an hour or two. I gotta go see my ho so I can collect the days earnings.

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 05:56 PM
Kev, I no longer need a back seat either

Deville with a front bench!!

:D:D:D:D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 05:57 PM
LOL. Walking around like that where I grew up would get you beat down daily. However, The "Mechanical Animals" album is very good. I'm not so much in to that type of music but that particular CD is very good. I like every song on it and he is actually a very intelligent person. He is just a freak and that is all.

Oh god dont let Dope see that!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 05:58 PM

:D:D:D:D

Steering wheel would get in the way :(

Kev
12-30-05, 06:02 PM

:D:D:D:D:lildevil:

I do really miss my old 64 Chevy Pick-up with the Naugahyde bench seat! Before seat belt laws, I'd juice that seat up with Armoral. When my honey rode with me I'd quickly turn the wheel sharply to the right and she'd slide right next to me. "Well, hello there baby!"

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 06:06 PM
lol
whats Naugahyde? Is that some sort of velour?

Kev
12-30-05, 06:10 PM
lol
whats Naugahyde? Is that some sort of velour?Naugahyde is a trade name for vinyl molded to look like leather in texture.

Huh! Kids today..... :nono:

:D:duck:

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 06:11 PM
Steering wheel?

Shmeering wheel!

They dont get in the way at all :D

I'm with ya on that Kev!

Unfortunately most of my cars have had the standard European 2 front 3 rear setups!

The bench is great :D

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 06:12 PM
Naugahyde is a trade name for vinyl molded to look like leather in texture.

Huh! Kids today..... :nono:

:D:duck:

Its great and easy to clean :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 06:26 PM
Yeah I got the velour, which is very warm and soft against the skin ;)
its very hard to clean "stuff" from there, and it may stain :(

Kev
12-30-05, 06:27 PM
I'm with ya on that Kev!

Unfortunately most of my cars have had the standard European 2 front 3 rear setups!

The bench is great :DNo matter nowadays, the seat belt laws keep the lovelys from slidin your way.. :(

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 06:27 PM
Yeah I got the velour, which is very warm and soft against the skin ;)
its very hard to clean "stuff" from there, and it may stain :(

Put a blanket on the back seat dude

mccombie_5
12-30-05, 06:29 PM
No matter nowadays, the seat belt laws keep the lovelys from slidin your way.. :(

Yeah, its a PITA

BUT

nothing to stop you getting an old car with none...

Kev
12-30-05, 06:30 PM
I think this poor thread has been hijacked by a bunch of desperate, horny young men! :rofl:

Kev
12-30-05, 06:31 PM
Yeah, its a PITA

BUT

nothing to stop you getting an old car with none...We have to retro-fit with lap belts here.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 06:32 PM
Young?!?!
I'm the only one under 30

SilverFleetwood85
12-30-05, 06:37 PM
Alright, getting the thread back on to its orginal topic, my New Years Resolution is
1. Do more weight lifting and cardio exercising
2. Get a girl friend (hate being single)
3. Be a better student

Kev
12-30-05, 06:46 PM
Young?!?!
I'm the only one under 30Well, there's DopeStar, he's 20 and DBA-One is only 33. Average age between the three of you is only 23.666, from my perspective that seems young enough! :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 06:46 PM
Ooohh yeah I should do more weightlifting too, I already run like 3 miles a day.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 06:47 PM
Well, there's DopeStar, he's 20 and DBA-One is only 33. Average age between the three of you is only 23.666, from my perspective that seems young enough! :)

aAh yes, I forgot about those two. Kev, is that man in your signature you?

Kev
12-30-05, 06:49 PM
Kev, is that man in your signature you?It's a fair resemblance of me twenty pounds lighter and 10 years younger.

Kev
12-30-05, 06:51 PM
It's a fair resemblance of me twenty pounds lighter and 10 years younger.If I dropped some weight (in progress) and dyed my hair back to it's original color..... :bigroll:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-05, 06:55 PM
ah ic..looks vaguely familar

SilverFleetwood85
12-30-05, 07:05 PM
Ooohh yeah I should do more weightlifting too, I already run like 3 miles a day.

3 miles a day, you are doing better then me, I can barely do half a mile. I never have been much of a runner, I am more of a swimmer do to having flat feet.

DopeStar 156
12-30-05, 07:09 PM
More like "ditches her at White Castle..." There's no set of (.)(.)'s out there that can talk shit about MY precious love-mobile. Haha, actually she's been in my car and likes it. She said my Caddy reminded her of the Plymouth from Christine because she could see my car coming to life at night and murdering my enemies. LOL! That I have to say was the best compliment I've ever recieved on my car. And actually fast food is usually what we eat when we go out. Haha. She's more used to riding in my Chevy since that's what I take up to school. She can't have anything negative to say about any of my cars. She drives a Focus, so she's one to talk.... Haha naah she's really sweet though and we get along perfectly. We were very, very, VERY compatable....

Is she that hot chick in your signature?This Omega character?

Nnnnnnnnnnno..... That's Marilyn Manson.... who is a guy. HAHA!

Kev
12-30-05, 07:16 PM
Nnnnnnnnnnno..... That's Marilyn Manson.... who is a guy. HAHA!Well, only his proctologist knows for sure..... :eek: :stirpot:

Stoneage_Caddy
12-30-05, 07:16 PM
this year ???

Maybe not be SO hard on myself ....And maybe try to not give a shit what people think of me ....

oh and find myself kissing a hot ass girl at midnight in cali next new years

Kev
12-30-05, 07:22 PM
this year ???

Maybe not be SO hard on myself ....And maybe try to not give a shit what people think of me ....

oh and find myself kissing a hot ass girl at midnight in cali next new yearsGood ones! :thumbsup:
The last one should be a sinch for you dude! * "I wish they all could be California girls....." *

DBA-One
12-30-05, 09:08 PM
It was a joke! I know Manson is a dude! Damn, I'm never going to try and be clever on this board again!

AlBundy
12-30-05, 10:09 PM
Get more into the weight lifting like it use to be. Purchase my 98LSC Mark. Once in shape show the girls in the office what they let get away not that they had a chance anyway. Storage more Info. into the noggin(as well as info on the N*), as if I was in prison but with the appreciation of doing it and appreciating it without the loss of freedom. Cheers to all.

DopeStar 156
12-31-05, 12:03 AM
It was a joke! I know Manson is a dude! Damn, I'm never going to try and be clever on this board again!
LOL! Sorry. You wouldn't believe how many people still don't know. Being a Manson fan I always have to answer lots of stupid questions on his behalf. Wearing a Manson shirt pretty much makes you an Information Center on the man. I've heard them all, like my personal favorites.....

Idiot: "Is it true that he had two of his ribs removed so he could suck his own-"

DopeStar: "No, it's not. You would also have to add vertebrae and no one would survive that kind of operation....."

Idiot: "Oh.... well is it true he was the kid from The Wonder Years?"

DopeStar: "No, his real name is Brian Warner, he's from Canton, Ohio and was not the kid from The Wonder Years....."

Idiot: "Oh, well those boobs he had in that video he got implants rig-"

DopeStar: "No it was a body suit......"

Idiot: "Is his eye really that color because I read-"

DopeStar: *Punch*

So you can see how stupid some people can be and how "war bitten" I've become from the experiences.... Don't believe everything you hear people....

Florian
12-31-05, 12:23 AM
1. Be a better man.
2. Be a better husband.
3. Be a better father.
4. Be a better son.
5. Be a better friend.
6. Be a better citizen.
7. Be a better businessman.

Get involved with Masonry...youll get all these.

F

Stoneage_Caddy
12-31-05, 02:05 PM
Get involved with Masonry...youll get all these.
F
we talkin bricks or shriners ?

addison_ii
12-31-05, 03:21 PM
I have looked into Freemasonry and it's a pretty good organization. It does emphasize growth in the things that Kev mentioned as well as community involvement.

My New Year's resolutions are:
1.Lose weight
2. Make more money
3. Buy another car or 2
4. Work on being a better husband, father, and brother
5. Find another job to help me accomplish #s 2,3, and 6.
6. Start saving for the purchase of a home at age 30.
7. Continue the trend started at the beginning of 2006(in the black ink and my savings growing).
8. This ties in everything: Strengthen my spiritual life.

DBA-One
12-31-05, 05:37 PM
LOL! Sorry. You wouldn't believe how many people still don't know. Being a Manson fan I always have to answer lots of stupid questions on his behalf.

I understand. I've managed to change minds though by loaning out Mechanical Animals. I just tell people to forget what he looks like and just listen. It always works!

mccombie_5
12-31-05, 06:13 PM
Another resolution!

Get the lawn back into golf-course-green condition, its taken a hammering this year having builers driving transit vans all over it!

ShadowLvr400
12-31-05, 06:48 PM
Resolutions?

1) Exercise more
2) Have more nights I can't remember, and be able to blame them on alcohol, not senility
3) More power from the Fleetwood
4) A cooking job I enjoy, and can learn with, and make money from
5) Figure out what I want from my relationship with the g/f.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-31-05, 07:02 PM
ah yes like my friend says "heres to the nights I cant remember" ;)

FSU_Noles
01-01-06, 01:28 AM
I never pick anything too serious for a resolution, most of my resolutions are mere tests of will power. I started a tradition with a friend of mine years ago that we would give up something odd, yet substantial, each year. Previous years I have given up; Fried foods (all of them, potato chips, french fries, wings, etc), coffee, chocolate, cursing (failed on that one) and this year I will try to give up carbonated beverages.

Hope everyone has a safe new years celebration and a prosperous new year.

“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreicate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as this is all there is.”

-- Mary Anne Radmacher

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-01-06, 02:40 AM
how about we give up on the "trouser monster" for a month!?!?!?
Can anyone do it?!?!?!

gdwriter
01-01-06, 02:41 AM
After the year I've had, my life could use one of those extreme makeovers. But I'm keeping my resolutions within reason:

Get serious about learning to play the piano. I started learning back in 1998 and got so I could play a handful of pieces I liked, but I haven't seen it through and I've barely played at all the past couple of years. I've got a beautiful old upright piano that deserves to be more than just a piece of furniture in my living room.
Live within my means and start rebuilding my savings.
Exercise at least three times a week. I've got a treadmill my ex left, and when the weather is nice, I can ride my bike or walk the dog.
Stop cussing so damn much. Oops.

gdwriter
01-01-06, 02:45 AM
Previous years I have given up; Fried foods (all of them, potato chips, french fries, wings, etc), coffee, chocolate, cursing (failed on that one) and this year I will try to give up carbonated beverages.

Gotta give you credit for the willpower, but I could never do it. Need my coffee in the morning, Diet Coke later in the day and chocolate whenever I feel like it.

fpmesiIII
01-01-06, 02:58 AM
i dont like saving resolutions just for new years, but if i had to here they are...

1) better school grades
2) find a girlfriend (being single sucks, although i do have more $$$)
3) have fun

ShadowLvr400
01-01-06, 02:53 PM
how about we give up on the "trouser monster" for a month!?!?!?
Can anyone do it?!?!?!

I did for over a year once... However currently the g/f can't go a week without it.

Elvis
01-01-06, 11:50 PM
Less than 24 hours into the new year, and I've already broken four.

1) Didn't go to church this morning
2) Ate like a pig at mom's tonight--I feel FAT right now.
3) Spent two hours surfing Amazon tonight
4) Didn't get on the treadmill today like I planned to last night.

gdwriter
01-02-06, 03:24 PM
So far, not bad. No cussing, even when my wireless router acted up. Spent several sessions tickling the ivories—OK, more like stumbling around on the keyboard. But I'm surprised that even though it's been months, I wasn't as rusty as I expected. I'm working on Claire de Lune, Für Elise and Moon River, and while it's slow and halting, with multiple missed notes, you can tell what it's at least supposed to be. Just have to keep at it.