: Challenger Comith

PAW 47
12-29-05, 01:18 PM
Well here are some better photos... If this car stays on track I hope for mass production. I will have one in 2008!

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Spyder
12-29-05, 01:39 PM
I must have one. I'm saving money now, and six months after the 6.1 or the 392, if its made, is out, I'm buying the first used one I can find. I don't care how, but I'll find a way to own this thing...

caddydaddy
12-29-05, 01:50 PM
Soooo much better looking than the Charger! I'll take one!

PAW 47
12-29-05, 01:59 PM
Oh my Spyder.. I didn't see you had a D-100 :) Those are great trucks!!

90Brougham350
12-29-05, 06:00 PM
Time to step up to the plate, GM. If the Camaro can't beat those numbers, you've already lost.

90Brougham350
12-29-05, 06:01 PM
I dislike very much how the article mentions that drivers wouldn't know what to do with all the power. Well, how about letting the driver decide? Or is this another one of those "we know what's best for the consumer, not the consumer" deals?

Destroyer
12-29-05, 06:10 PM
I saw it Car and Driver. Looks like it is going to come after all. Cant wait to see it in some other colors. :thumbsup:

Randy_W
12-29-05, 06:44 PM
Time to step up to the plate, GM. If the Camaro can't beat those numbers, you've already lost.

My buddy in Huntington Woods (works for a major GM supplier), says that his GM guy is saying that Camaro will initially be a V6 with about 300 h.p., an LS2 with about 400 h.p., then about about 6 months later there will be an all aluminum 6.2 based on the Caddy Escalade engine with about 440 H.P. The latter is still up in the air and may get a slightly de-tuned 7.0 with about 475H.P. It's target weight about 3650 lbs. We all know that will likely be more like 3800 lbs., but still a lot ligher than the Challenger.

This is the Same guy that told me about the GTO at least 6 months before the magazines did. He also told me about the Camaro coming back at least six months ago, we'll see. He also says that GM still plans to go to rwd on the Impala/Monte Carlo platform, based on the STS platform starting in '08.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-29-05, 06:57 PM
Wait, so they ARE making the Camaro again??

c5 rv
12-29-05, 07:02 PM
Doesn't do anything for me. I've never been a Dodge fan. :boring:

AlBundy
12-29-05, 09:01 PM
That a very nice looking car but why is it so heavy? It looks like the old Hemi-Cuda.

Elvis
12-29-05, 11:28 PM
I can't get past the name.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38675000/jpg/_38675783_challenger_238.jpg

I like everything about the car except the roof/window line. Too boxy looking, needs to be a little more streamlined.

FSU_Noles
12-29-05, 11:45 PM
I am not a fan of the remakes... what happens the next few years? Where does the design go? That looks like a 70-71 model, so in 3 years what do they make next?

Same problem for the VW bug and Mustang - where to go with the design. Will we see the Mustang II design again??

Sure they sell good for a year or two but then the hype dies and the design is stuck in place. I hope that GM doesn't "remake" any models. I want GM to design new models not resort to rehashing an old model.

Eric Kahn
12-30-05, 08:43 PM
I want one if it really comes with a 6 speed manual, don't want a "manumatic"

AlBundy
12-30-05, 10:24 PM
If the old styles sell why not try to sale & market them be it a year or more. The response of the old model Mustange has been huge, lets see if the Camaro & the Challenger will do as well. Why can't there be a basis from the old that will make a better future vehicle. No matter how things are in fashion, furniture, houseing it will allways go back to the beginning for future ideas. Everything right now seems to be going back to the older days. Is that a bad thing? Even in music a appreciation of the older music will eventually birth something new to the musician smart enought to realize where it all came from.