Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Spectre

6K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Ninja-v 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about putting on the basic Stage 1 Spectre CAI........will I need to have the car tuned if I do this? Also, will this give me more of the supercharger whine that I like. I don't want to go crazy, I just like the looks and wouldn't mind having some of that whine with my "V"

#3 ·
No tune required. Do the stage 1 & 2 together, or you wont get the whine... The baffles limiting the sound are in the factory "y" pipe. Stage 2 Y-pipe is only $75-100 bucks and super easy to install. Just make sure to insert the black plastic reducer supplied with the Y-pipe in front of the MAF and no tune is required.

This post has been deleted
#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
You can still use the engine cover without cutting it with the stage 2 pipe installed. You merely have to shim the engine cover mounts 1/16-1/8" in the front and rear. Takes 2 minutes. I made it so it would work, and then took the cover off. Cover holds heat which is what DESTROYS engines. Also, if you're after the whine sound, realize that the engine cover will muffle that as well, as it is insulated underneath.

Stage one won't be that loud alone because the major sound buffering setup resides within the stock intake's Y-pipe's baffles. Removing the stock intake provides MUCH freer flowing air due to reduced turbulence, and therefore will breathe better. For the $$, do BOTH. Cheapest mod to do for the power and sound achieved.

TO really make the car sound perfect, do a Borla exhaust as well. The Timmy C headers are AWESOME. It sounds like a whole new car with them!

#7 ·
It will be louder, just not as loud as with both stages. We started with stage one and I drove around with it for quite a while before we got the stage 2 ready.

To use the engine cover you will need to trim it just a bit. You do realize it holds in heat, right?

#24 ·
Yes. It was for those of us in colder climates that were throwing codes (I forget which off the top of my head), so Spectre came back and offered all of us who purchased their intake, this sleeve free of charge to eliminate this potential code. It may be included with the purchase now if you're buying it new.

Even with a tune, I still have mine in.

#25 ·
Once the sleeve size was figured out it they were included in every kit and Spectre sent one to anyone who was in on the initial group buy I sponsored.

#30 ·
Oh ok. I guess I'll get it tuned when I put it on. I got youknoww's old intake. I plan on ceramic coating it to keep the heat out of the air charge but doing the heat exchanger at the same time so the blower won't heat the air up after the air intake. And I didn't look at the date lol, I googled "spectre stsv" and this thread came up. I like the red blower with silver piping too. Anyway thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.