: Cadillac enthusiast of a sort

craig71188
12-28-05, 05:41 PM
:lildevil: OK - we've had Cadillaces in the family on and off for years, a '75 Eldorado Convertible, a Cimarron, several of the newer Deville's up to the latest, the '03. But my primar interest is in researching the 4.1/4.5/4.9 aluminum engines for a Fiero swap. Seems I can't sell the race car (SCCA ITB road race & FSP autocross), so I might as well make it better. I'm looking to use a 91-93 4.9 but with the Allante intake system. I'm currently looking for the right donor car(s?). Unfortunalty, the wrecking yards get them in and cut up before I have managed to find the right engine and pull it with the harness and ECM. I'm now looking at a complete donor car so I can pull what I need the way that I want it. We'll see how this porgresses. Thanks!
Craig
1984 Fiero ITB (race car)
1984 Fiero SE
1985 Fiero GT

Kev
12-28-05, 06:51 PM
Welcome Craig! :welcome:

There is another guy here, Capt Fiero, who has done what you are planning (85GT).
If you start a thread in the HT4100 (4.1) | 4.5 | 4.9 section I'd be willing to bet he'll chime in on it. Once you have over 50 posts you will be able to 'Private Message' folks. Or, you can become a supporting member and PM right away.

CADDYBLACK99
12-30-05, 03:15 PM
Welcome Craig,

Sounds like a great project, keep us posted on your progress. Here is a link you might find useful:northstar fiero (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27753&highlight=fiero+conversion)

Good luck
Paul

Boombotz
12-30-05, 10:20 PM
:welcome: to the forums. Good luck with your project.