: Favorite Late-Night Comedians?

SpeedyArizona
12-27-05, 11:32 PM
What is your favorite late-night comedian? Personally, I like Leno. He's more of a average Joe compared to Letterman who I think is a bit more stuck-up.

Elvis
12-27-05, 11:42 PM
Ferguson is VERY good. Not sure he'll stay there.

I prefer Letterman to Leno, but I don't watch late-night shows anymore. I can't stay awake that late most nights.

They will all tell you that Carson was the best there ever was or will be. That's how I feel too.

davesdeville
12-28-05, 03:23 AM
O'Brien > Ferguson > Leno > Letterman

Watching Conan right now in fact.

Never bothered watching Jimmy Kimmel except for once for like 2 minutes, he didn't seem too bad.

Caddy Man
12-28-05, 03:32 AM
I used to find Leno funny, now his jokes are just corny. Letterman I never liked...Conan on the other hand...he is hilarious!

Destroyer
12-28-05, 11:05 AM
Where's Jon Stewart on the list? Anyway, he's got my vote:thumbsup: Bill Meher too even though I have not seen him in awhile.

SpeedyArizona
12-28-05, 12:50 PM
Conan on the other hand...he is hilarious!

I find his little "dancing" a tad annoying. His jokes aren't too bad, but he doesn't have as good of guests' as Leno and Letterman do.

I stop watching the Tonight Show the day Conan takes over.

Playdrv4me
12-28-05, 03:00 PM
Conan is the best by far. He keeps the show upbeat and entertaining. Bill Maher was great as well, at least when he was on ABC.

DBA-One
12-28-05, 03:25 PM
Conan fan here. He is witty. His show is a lot more creative than Leno. I've never seen Ferguson but I've liked the movies he has been in. I liked Tom Snyder the best on the Late Late Show. Not so much comedy but he really got his guest to open up. I learned a lot of things about many famous people I never knew until he got them to talk. He is a good man.

DBA-One
12-28-05, 03:29 PM
Where's Jon Stewart on the list? Anyway, he's got my vote:thumbsup: Bill Meher too even though I have not seen him in awhile.

Jon Stewart is just plain tired in my opinion. That daily show is stale. It's so predictable. And now Comedy Central seeks to further repeat, saturate, etc by giving us the Colbert Report. To me, it is nothing but more of the same.

Meher is cool but he needs to be on cable because he is at his best when doing his worst if you know what I mean.

boricuacaddy
12-28-05, 05:07 PM
I use to watch David Letterman but now I am a Jay Leno fan, I lost interest in David Letterman when he hosted the awards one year. He was just awful. Jay Leno cracks me up..

David

FSU_Noles
12-28-05, 08:04 PM
I would rather watch the re-runs of Seinfeld or Sportscenter.

If I do find myself watching any of them I usually don't last much longer than the monologue.