: 2005 Sts Will Look Like This!!!!!

hdave
12-22-03, 03:40 PM
ok guys.. here ti is

(u mite have seen it before)
xlr front with cts back and a little bigger than cts
IMO this will be amazing

anyone know waht type of engine the sts-v will have??

hdave
12-22-03, 06:25 PM
it might be a fake picture i found off the net

but if you compare it to the spy pics, it seems that is actually waht it will look like.

im not sure how the vertical brake lights will look, but we'll see soon enough

rueben44
12-27-03, 09:21 AM
No that is not it. It is not far from there but that is not it. On anouther site I have seen the actual picture of the model Luts approved and it looks ok but I will have to wait to see it in real life. That picture has been out for over 2 years and is what the car would have looked more like before Luts had it redesigned before it's release. Sadly he took a lot of the edges out of the car that the CTS has. If he would had more time he would have changed the CTS because he hated it.

hdave
12-30-03, 12:16 PM
reuben44 your also in car and driver forum?

rueben44
12-30-03, 08:39 PM
Yep that's good old me!

Playdrv4me
01-01-04, 03:20 PM
I thought so!! I knew I remembered your name from somewhere else, back in the days when I used to visit there for the STS.

grafix guru
01-11-04, 01:43 AM
It is a fake, the future STS doesn't have tha XLR front end. This is someones photoshop mock-up.

gothicaleigh
01-11-04, 03:47 AM
The future STS does indeed have an XLR front end. The prototype has been seen at the Nurburgring (photos can be found in the 2005 STS sticky thread).

grafix guru
01-16-04, 12:20 PM
wrong again! I've been looking at the car for the last year and a half. It does not have an XLR front end. It looks like a grown-up CTS. Cadillac has put a shot of the car on their website now.

gothicaleigh
01-16-04, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry. You were right, there is no resemblance at all.

http://www.detnews.com/pix/2004/01/15/biz/b015-caddysts-0104n-4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/pdea35c10f504c88490c1f43631cf5db2/f9edbc1d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p21622491905d2d0215e67db85290d817/fc160079.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p110b26836308cf2f24454a80ed2b8bba/f9edaf32.jpg

BeelzeBob
01-16-04, 05:10 PM
I'm sorry. You were right, there is no resemblance at all.

:rofl: :hide:

I must say, though.. That I do like the STS better than the CTS.. The front fascia looks smoother and I like that...

Caddy Man
01-17-04, 12:29 AM
by the pictures posted...the sts new front end most closely resembles the front of the srx. i dont kno if they do they DTS like this im gonna start finding the cadillac line a little boring. they are all lookin the same.

BeelzeBob
01-18-04, 01:54 AM
That's what I'm afraid of. I don't dislike any particular model - I just don't want them all so similar that you can't tell one from another unless you 'know' Cadillac..

Ralph
01-18-04, 02:12 AM
That's what I'm afraid of. I don't dislike any particular model - I just don't want them all so similar that you can't tell one from another unless you 'know' Cadillac..

I agree Sal. I also noticed, as I'm sure many of you have, that when the SRX first came out and they showed the dash, I thought AW C'mon, it looks like the CTS's dash! They seem to be leaning towards that edgy CTS styling for the entire line! Please tell me it is a bad dream. :crying:

Look at Lincoln, does the TC look anything like the LS? The Continental in it's last years looked nothing like the others, and I liked that, distinctive is the key word. Mind you, I guess the Aviator looks like a baby Navagator.

I just don't want all Caddies to look the same, and to me they are starting to.

gothicaleigh
01-19-04, 02:18 AM
Look at Lincoln, does the TC look anything like the LS? The Continental in it's last years looked nothing like the others, and I liked that, distinctive is the key word. Mind you, I guess the Aviator looks like a baby Navagator.

Have you seen the new Lincoln designs? It looks like they took a page out of the Art&Science handbook with the creased look. They also look more similar to each other than the Caddys do.

Caddy isn't the only company heading towards brand loyalty(the whole reason they dropped the names was so people would say they drove a Cadillac instead of an Eldorado, Seville, etc.) themed styling.

Ralph
01-19-04, 02:24 AM
Have you seen the new Lincoln designs? It looks like they took a page out of the Art&Science handbook with the creased look. They also look more similar to each other than the Caddys do.

Caddy isn't the only company heading towards brand loyalty(the whole reason they dropped the names was so people would say they drove a Cadillac instead of an Eldorado, Seville, etc.) themed styling.

No, I'm afraid I haven't seen the new Lincolns. Is there a website I could? I haven't followed any future styling of Ford products lately, but I do like the current Town Cars. I didn't know they were touching them.

I hope eventually Cadillac will not do what Acura did, namely drop "names" like Vigor, Legend, etc. and go numbers to "seem" more sophisticated like Benz.

Dubya
02-12-04, 02:31 PM
i think those cars are far enough apart in styling, but the deville styling should be different then a big seville. look at bmw! all there cars carry the same exact theme. same with mercedes, dodge, etc etc etc