: Florida's gaining a new resident

SpeedyArizona
12-27-05, 04:02 PM
Watch out Florida, Speedy's cousin is moving there! I've always thought Florida would be a nice place to call home, and if it wasn't for the humidity, I'd be there! I don't know how far he is from Tampa though...

PAW 47
12-27-05, 04:09 PM
God help us all... what type of car so I know to avoid it!!

DBA-One
12-27-05, 04:15 PM
There goes my property value.

SpeedyArizona
12-27-05, 04:17 PM
Well, he's moving with his fiance so it'd be two cars to avoid! His fiance drives a 2005 Lexus SC430 and he drives a much lesser 2003 Ford F-150.

SpeedyArizona
12-27-05, 04:17 PM
Watch out Ft. Lauderdale!

DBA-One
12-27-05, 04:20 PM
I've lived here in the Tampa are for all my 33 years. I love it here. I'll never leave. Hurricanes or not Florida is a great place to live and we have no state income tax. Besides, there are few places it is summer nearly all year 'round!

SpeedyArizona
12-27-05, 04:24 PM
I've lived here in the Tampa are for all my 33 years. I love it here. I'll never leave. Hurricanes or not Florida is a great place to live and we have no state income tax. Besides, there are few places it is summer nearly all year 'round!

True, I've visited Florida different times and always loved it! But my job would definelty interfer with a move. Besides, there aren't many places that reach 110F in the summer!

By golly it's cold outside, I just checked and it's only 62...brrrrr!

DBA-One
12-27-05, 04:37 PM
Then just quit that job and move here anyway!

SpeedyArizona
12-27-05, 05:11 PM
Then just quit that job and move here anyway!

I'm quite happy where I am right now, I have family and friends here, and won't give that up. Besides, we don't have much humidity :D!

DBA-One
12-27-05, 05:34 PM
I understand. There are a few drawbacks like it being 500 degress and swampy at 8 in the morning.

Destroyer
12-27-05, 06:57 PM
Personally I'm getting kinda tired of the weather in Florida. Never once in my 13 years of living here did I pay any attention to hurricanes but this year and the one before it I certainly did. I have contemplated moving elsewhere but the question is always where?. I'll still take Florida over my home state of NY.

Boombotz
12-27-05, 09:36 PM
We don't want no SpeedyFlorida here. j/k. :D

FSU_Noles
12-28-05, 07:58 PM
True, I've visited Florida different times and always loved it! But my job would definelty interfer with a move. Besides, there aren't many places that reach 110F in the summer!

By golly it's cold outside, I just checked and it's only 62...brrrrr!

Lived in AZ for a few years, nothing like a cool summer night of 100F with no humidity at 10pm. Considered moving there some time ago but cost of living seemed excessive to me and I really like having grass in my yard. I raked rocks for years at my parent's house.

Still have a friend in Glendale so I sneak out there every once in a while to play golf.

Must also admit, there is no more impressive sight then flying into Phoenix at night.

ShadowLvr400
12-28-05, 08:09 PM
There are too more impressive sights than Phoenix at night. Ever seen Daytona Beach during Spring Break? Drunken co-eds as far as the eye can see. Wet t-shirt contests, body painting, drunken debauchery... *wipes a tear away* It's beautiful man...

PS, welcome to the sunshine state. Hurricanes aint that big a deal here anymore. Just a pain.

FSU_Noles
12-28-05, 08:19 PM
There are too more impressive sights than Phoenix at night. Ever seen Daytona Beach during Spring Break? Drunken co-eds as far as the eye can see. Wet t-shirt contests, body painting, drunken debauchery... *wipes a tear away* It's beautiful man...

As I said, "flying in at night". I am sure there are plenty of places that may offer quality "local" entertainment that you describe once on the ground.

I used to spring break at South Padre so I completely understand your position. Although that was many a year ago... *wipes a tear away*.

SpeedyArizona
12-28-05, 11:14 PM
and I really like having grass in my yard. I raked rocks for years at my parent's house.

There's nothing better than golfing in January (Arizona, Florida, ANYWHERE WARM)! Right now it's a bit chilly out, but still better than the North!

SilverFleetwood85
12-29-05, 09:23 PM
All you Florida guys are missing out on something, its called skiing/snowboarding.

Destroyer
12-29-05, 11:38 PM
All you Florida guys are missing out on something, its called skiing/snowboarding.Thats fine. There are always things like boating, waverunners, and just going to the damn beach to make up for it:thumbsup: .

Kev
12-30-05, 01:27 AM
If I recall, it was a lot more fun to watch the girls play volley ball at the beach than watch them skiing down a hill......... I dunno....... :cool: :duck:

SilverFleetwood85
12-30-05, 03:26 AM
If I recall, it was a lot more fun to watch the girls play volley ball at the beach than watch them skiing down a hill......... I dunno....... :cool: :duck:

LOL, good one Kev, you do have a point here. Watching girls play volley ball is always a nice sight.:thumbsup: You guys do have to worry about the huge senior population in Florida (wouldn't want to see a bunch of old women playing volley ball on the beach :eek:), also running into your cars. I have only been to Florida once, it would be real nice if you didn't have the humidity.

ShadowLvr400
12-31-05, 06:21 PM
All you Florida guys are missing out on something, its called skiing/snowboarding.

Instead of going downhill on skis, we get pulled across the water on skis. Can do it on a lone board too. Oh yea, surfing... Theme parks, some open highways....... :) I ran the big Fleetwood to 125 on my drive home today. :)