: New here. Want info.

CtA318
12-27-05, 12:36 AM
Hey whats going on everyone? I am new to the forums. I got a 97 Catera for free with 93K miles on it. I just got to fix. I just got it started last Friday (12/23/05). I cant do anymore work on it thought because it is in my school's auto shop and I'm on Christmas break. The Catera is my first driveable car. My first car was a 1972 Chevelle and I still got it I just dont drive it often because obviously it is a classic. Anyway I'll be around the forums probably asking newbie questions because Im really interested in learning more about the Catera. It needs new head gaskets and Im going to change all the fluids. The car got stolen and was found sitting in a parking lot for awhile. The starter became rusted and was frozen. As I mentioned before I just got the car running again and it was like music to my ears. She started right up like a brand new car. Alright well I'll be talking to you guys in the future. Bye.

-Chris

Boris
12-27-05, 12:42 AM
Welcome to the wonderful madness that is the Catera.

gritter
12-27-05, 01:50 AM
u shoulda left it in the parking lot

bengsxr
12-27-05, 03:15 AM
lol yeah you should of left it there just remember to throw gas and a match on your way out.

CtA318
12-27-05, 12:17 PM
You guys are really harsh haha. I know it's got it set of problems but having an older car (Chevelle) there is always something to fix so I guess sense the car was for free I didnt care.

If you had no car and were offered any car for that mater for free wouldnt you take it?

1998catera
12-28-05, 03:10 PM
YOu tell 'em! When I bought my car, i knew it had trouble going in. (As most people do) These are wonderful cars, and would be viewed as such if Cadillac would offer proper support and available upgrades to fix the flaws. But...oh what a dream!

Cat-a-Tonic
12-28-05, 03:13 PM
Amen Brother!

Boris
12-29-05, 10:12 AM
Here's the deal.

Those who paid 30+K for their Cats and those who can't turn a wrench or use a volt meter have valid reasons for hating this car. It does have it's problems.

Those who paid MUCH less (my 97 cost all of $1000 and is running strong) and are willing to get their hands dirty from time to time this car is the bargain of the century.
Rides and handles quite well, isn't bad on fuel, does present it self and isn't embarrassing when it's time to hand the keys over to a valet. All this at a low (if you buy used) price.

I for one am happy with what I got.

jesserb306
12-29-05, 10:55 AM
I think bengsxr was right you should've left it for dead. I have an 01 Sport with every option you can imagine with 60k on it and i am trying to get rid of it. Anyone interested?

Boris
12-29-05, 11:05 AM
I have an 01 Sport with every option you can imagine with 60k on it and i am trying to get rid of it. Anyone interested?

If only you were closer I would give you $2K.
I'm not trying to be a wise a$$ but how bad do you want to get rid of it?