: The Impala

K2K
12-26-05, 08:34 PM
I have the chance of purchasing a 2004 Impala SS Indy Edition currently - was curious if anyone has any experiences with Impalas/newer Chevys in general?

I can get it for $16,000, which seems reasonable if not good - supercharge V-6.

Anyway, let me know!

Playdrv4me
12-26-05, 08:46 PM
I dont like the new Impalas at ALL... BUT if you need proof that it is a decent car just look at hundreds of police departments throughout the country who have been using them faithfully for years now.

The only major issue I ever heard of with them was the same one that afflicted alot of GM cars up through about 2003, which was an improperly lubricated Intermediate Steering Shaft, which on some of them got so bad it separated and sent the car off the road.

AlBundy
12-26-05, 11:23 PM
It sounds like a great deal to me, I'm just offended that GM would make an Impala or even worse a montcarlo with more HP than my ESC.

FSU_Noles
12-27-05, 11:56 AM
I drove many an impala LS rental car and they are your run of the mill sedan. Nothing flashy, seating is not all that great but given the choice I would select the Impala over the other cars offered (tauruses, mazda, etc). My dad had a triple-black 04 Impala and it was a fairly decent car, think it had the 3.8L??

Again, IMO, Impala is a steady, average, sedan. If prices is right for you then it doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Spyder
12-27-05, 12:48 PM
I like it...have never driven one, but a friend of mine has a 2003 or 4, and its got enough room for me to be comfortable...and I'm not a short guy...leg room and head room will make me sacrifice a lot of other things...I did always like the impalas though. :)

gothicaleigh
12-27-05, 03:34 PM
Would probably make a decent daily driver. Not for me, but they do seem popular enough from the number of them I see in a day.

...and seeing as we are on the subject, have you seen the new ones? It looks like they went backwards in design with the front end. Too reminiscent of the 90's Monte Carlo in my opinion... bleh.

Playdrv4me
12-27-05, 04:20 PM
Would probably make a decent daily driver. Not for me, but they do seem popular enough from the number of them I see in a day.
...and seeing as we are on the subject, have you seen the new ones? It looks like they went backwards in design with the front end. Too reminiscent of the 90's Monte Carlo in my opinion... bleh.

Yea, Im not wild about it. It lost the one exterior touch the current Monte did have in its favor, and that was the aggresiveness. It got a V8 though.