Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Broke something!!

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  theotherguyssn 
#1 ·
So wS out messing around on hwy tonight got into high rpm went to shift into 3rd car shuddered ses light came on and started skipping, car was missing pretty bad I sure hope didn't burn a piston. Or something major internally

----------

My hope is it went lean then richened up and fouled plugs but idk if I'll get that lucky

#2 ·
Pull the plugs and check for damage.

#6 ·
Bummer. I wonder what happened? I've run mine pretty lean a few times and didn't break anything.

It's possible to get the motor out the top but it's going to be easier to just drop the whole cradle like the book says. I did an STS motor out the top and it sucked.

#11 ·
Don't want to rain on your party but when the fuel pump stops working the car stops also. It would not go lean it would just shut off. Unless you were doing a 160 mph at wot and the engine was turning so fast it ran lean before it could slow back to normal. But they will not pay for that type of driving. And the computer will tell them the story.

#13 ·
Well got nice melted spot near top of piston damaged cylinder wall too found engine in Michigan off ebay came out a stealth grey stsv got hit on pass side had about 83k so fingers crossed it's been taken care of somewhat had video on ebay of it running and all so we shall see

#16 ·
Haha I ended up picking car up and taking to original guy that had been doing times since the guy I was talking about in that thread didn't seem to know what he wS doing he just came highly recommended especially in Trans department but didn't impress me one bit. And Tim I'll post a pic tried to but says to big on here need to resize photo on desktop. And I'll post one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.