: Complex Air Intake

meyema03
12-26-05, 03:59 AM
I was wanted to free up the air intake on my catera by removing all of the ducting from the airbox to the throttle body and replacing it with a smoother more simple design basically a tube coming from the air box into a box with two pipes going to the throttle body and reconecting the sensors. Now this is a very complex motor to me i am used to pushrod tech and well this motor makes my head spin sometimes so my question is:

Will this actully improve performance or is the stock intake best?

I also wanted to remove the resonators and replace with straight pipe not after the ricer sound though.

Boris
12-26-05, 09:55 AM
More air in + extra fuel + more air out = power :thumbsup:

I don't think there is much to be gained from the intake ducting. I would look more into the throttle body and electronics.

pokerboy
02-25-06, 03:03 PM
i just bought one of those cheap ebays intakes for my 99 catera ..my question is ,is it gonna affect the performance or damage something in my car , the only reason i bought it its because its cheaper than the original air filter...:P

gixxer_751
02-26-06, 11:23 PM
did you get the one with the K&n or the generic airfilter? you gotta remember that bolt on mods are only for the high-end of your rpm. im sure it wont damage your ride, but if you went with the aftermarket intake, might as well get the k&N cone filter

pokerboy
02-28-06, 12:29 AM
no i saw that one but i didnt get it i bought the cheap one instead , i looked at the pics on ebay and they looked the same to me i dunno about htis things and brands ..what do u recomend me? thanks

pokerboy
02-28-06, 12:31 AM
and what do u mean by the " high end of the rpm" ? is like only good when u drive it on hight rpms??