: What did Santa bring you?

SpeedyArizona
12-25-05, 08:29 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! I was curious what everyone here recieved. So, spill the beans, what did YOU get for Christmas?

I had some pretty nice items:

Sony Digital Camcorder/ Camera (interesting) - from Aunt & Uncle
Apple IPOD Nano (probably returning it) - from cousin
Fax Machine/ Printer/ Copier/ Phone (needed it!) - from co-worker
New palmONE PDA & connecting device to transfer information (more memory!) - from generous boss
$1000 in $1 bills stuffed into a cookie tin (THANK YOU :D) - from parents
And a few other small items from different relatives

Great Christmas! Now I'm going to be writing out thank-you's all day tomorrow!

gary88
12-25-05, 08:43 PM
I got $1060 cash combined from the family

My birthday is on monday so i'm hoping for more :dance:

turbojimmy
12-25-05, 08:45 PM
I tell people not to get me anything. I buy what I need when I need it, no need to throw stuff at me because it's a particular time of year. It's better than getting some useless stuff you have to pretend you like. I did get some nice clothes (it's what happens when you're old) and a decent droplight (mine's been busted for years) anyway.

My wife got me NFS Underground but it was for the wrong game (Nintendo vs. PS2) so I'll have to wait until we can exchange it. It really is the thought that counts, though. I know she hates the fact that I spend so much time with the PS2 but she buys me a new game anyway.

What I did buy for myself was NFS Most Wanted Black Edition. It has a CTS in it (note Cadillac content). I'm not sure I like it yet, but at least the random racing has somewhat of a story and purpose.

The Caddy's present to me today was failure to recognize the key fobs so I couldn't unlock it. Then the antitheft wouldnt' let me start it. Oh what fun. Another mystery to solve on my day off tomrorow (me thinks it has to do with the remote starter.....).

Jim

ewill3rd
12-25-05, 09:06 PM
I buy myself almost everything I need. I have only one real vice and that is DVDs. I am practically on a twelve step program to stop buying them. My wife realizes how much I like getting them so she splurged and bought me like 3 or 4. Sad part is most of them aren't here yet... LOL
She even got me ones that she'll know I like, but I know she won't.

That puts my collection up over 200 titles for a total of over 400 disks (many of the titles are box sets)
I am a sci-fi nut so a lot of them are very sci fi.
I just thought of some I want to add to my wish list!
I work all the time and when I rest I just pop in a flick, no commercials, no bologna and watch my favorite movies.
The only downside? If I have seen it a million times and I am really tired, I CANNOT stay awake!

I already have the digital camcorder, 5 computers, digital camera, 3 or 4 DVD players, etc.... etc....
Anything else I want just costs too much, as toy seekers I am sure many of you understand that problem.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. The best thing I got was a hug from my son and some really nice play time with him.

Jon
12-25-05, 09:08 PM
Santa came 1 month early this year and broughtme htis..

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/8192/img34250ky.jpg

Ranger
12-25-05, 09:14 PM
625 lb/ft torque wrench.
variable speed polisher/buffer
microfiber towels & chamois
plus the usual shirts & cologne

slk230mb
12-25-05, 09:46 PM
60gig iPod video
GPS Nav unit (gonna return it, I have no use for it)
some dvds I wanted
and some clothes

Boombotz
12-25-05, 09:58 PM
I got Reindeer poo. Must of been bad.:p

Stoneage_Caddy
12-25-05, 10:33 PM
Got me a Neon Wall clock with the cadillac logo inside , cadillac wristwatch , departmnent 56 hallmark cadillac V16 (to go with my hallmark cadillac dealer) Noen Corona sign , a few DVDs ,couple kickass drinking games , one called "drinko" which is a take on price is rights "plinko"....

Finding out my grandfather is ok was prolly the best gift , at 83 years old and when i got "the call" this morning, made for a few tense moments ....turns out he got food poisioning from some bad chicken win dixie sold him ...we brought christmas to him

Ranger
12-25-05, 10:40 PM
I got Reindeer poo. Must of been bad.:p
No time like the present to start working on next year. ;)

JC316
12-25-05, 10:57 PM
Radeon X850 Pro
512MB PC2100 RAM
Quake 4
Clothes.

Sandy
12-25-05, 11:04 PM
I got nothing.

SpeedyArizona
12-25-05, 11:07 PM
It really is the thought that counts, though

Haha, reminds me of last year's Christmas, I went back home and bought presents for all my family & friends, but I'm not a great gift-giver. I'm good at picking out electronic devices, but not very good at buying anything else (my girlfriend buys my clothes :D). Anyway, I bought my mother a diamond and ruby necklace with matching earrings for her to wear when she has a special occasion to go to. I thought it was gorgeous, but didn't know how she'd like it.

Christmas Eve, I was at my uncle's home and had that tucked away under their tree. When we were opening gifts, I gave her my present and waited for her to open it. After a few suspensful minutes, she began to unwrap the box. As soon as her eyes hit what I thought was a great gift, she looked at me and said, "It's lovely, but it's too heavy for me to wear, but it's the THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!"

I was a bit disappointed that she didn't want to wear it, but she returned it and it paid (partially) for a new Lexus instead.

I hate when people say, "It's the thought that counts"!

youbetcha77
12-26-05, 12:47 AM
I got nothing.
My gift to you Sandy is S-lady.
Blaze

youbetcha77
12-26-05, 12:49 AM
I got a new air compressor, a 89 Chrysler Fifth Avenue, a portable DVD player and various other small things. The best part was watching my 1 year old, actually more like a three month old because he was premature, eat through his first gift.

Blaze

Kev
12-26-05, 01:35 AM
I got to have my family over for Christmas dinner again. We had a great meal and I got to spend the afternoon with my little Grandmother once again.

Sure, I got a few nice gifts and gave a few but nothing worth mentioning in comparison to the time spent with my family.

:xsmile:

DDS rollin a CTS
12-26-05, 01:59 AM
rubber floor mats and some cash to buy more gifts for my caddy :thumbsup: .

davesdeville
12-26-05, 02:52 AM
Cash money. Not a whole lot, but enough so I don't have to wait until payday to order all the crap I've been meaning to buy for my ETC (FPR, plug wires, rear brake pads, fuel filter, tensioner & idler pulley.) Meaning a lot of my paycheck can go to fun stuff.

Oh, and I also got 2 12 packs of beer and a fifth of Grey Goose from 2 different friends. Should come in real handy for new years.

Jesda
12-26-05, 04:57 AM
Jon:

I need the number for your Santa.

turbojimmy
12-26-05, 07:03 AM
The best part was watching my 1 year old, actually more like a three month old because he was premature, eat through his first gift.
Blaze

That's really why I tell people not to get me anything. Spend it on my kids. If you look at what "Christmas" has become as a national holiday (all religion aside), it's for the kids.

The kids get so unbelievably excited about the whole thing - it's the best part of the day.

Jim

ewill3rd
12-26-05, 07:17 AM
My son suffered "overload", he got so overtired he just started falling down.
He went to his Grandma's house (she lives in the basement level of our house) for the better part of the day, when he came back up we had hidden some of the "too exciting" toys and he was fine after that.
This year was definitely all about him. He got sooooooo much stuff.

AlBundy
12-26-05, 01:34 PM
I recieved a portable DVD player, portable 7 inch screen color TV, a fifth of Remy Martin & Landy cognac XO, a case of Lowenbrau and clothes but I didn't get my tornado I hope you got yours. Ha Haaaaa.

DopeStar 156
12-26-05, 01:41 PM
* Star Wars Trilogy (Old One) DVD
* Predator DVD
* Resident Evil 4 PS2
* Soul Calibur III PS2
* PS2 Memory Card
* Memory upgrade for my PSP
* A killer Marilyn Manson shirt! "SEX, DRUGS, AND ROCK & ROLL, THE WAY GOD CREATED IT."
* An equally as cool Nine Inch Nails shirt
* Couple pairs of black pants which are pretty hot
* Laser/Radar detector for my Chevy
* AAA Member's Card and service
* CHOCOLATE!!!!
* A wrought iron 4 foot tall candelabra
* A Gothic Spellbook (It's blank, it's just for show....or maybe for me to fill in...:lildevil: )
* A couple shirts I already have which I'm taking back.

I'm very happy. My parents are cool people......

mccombie_5
12-26-05, 01:47 PM
We had 21 people over this year, my mother's fridge died, so we had to have her people over too, I had to get three more dining tables in and set it all up in the library so we had room. Not the usual place, mainly because its the biggest room in the house, and its about 80 metres from the kitchen. We had to use little serving trolleys!

It was great fun though, we alla te until we could eat no more.

My presents were:

Jeremy Clarkson DVD
Jeremy Clakson book (The World According To Clarkson)
Anan Robson MBE's autobiography (should be a fantastic read)
Billy Connolly DVD (Live in New York)
Armani Mania aftershave (from the kids)
Samsung E350 (from Claire)
Some clothes and other bits and pieces.

I refuse to accept cash at Christmas, people often don't know what to buy so I say "make a donation to the NSPCC"

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/html/home/home.htm

DBA-One
12-26-05, 02:43 PM
Got one of those external DVD burners. My lap to does everything but burn DVD so it is used to burn the faimily movies. Didn't need anything else. Wifey made out like a bandit though. She wanted one of those Coach purses. I took a shopping bag (plastic) and wrote Coach with a backwards K to see if that would work. I told her it was a knock off. She did like it so I had to buy the real thing. I thre up in my mouth a bit paying 300.00 for a purse.

Elvis
12-26-05, 06:06 PM
I got a 17" monitor. I'm going to use it at work.

I also got the "Ultimate" Johnny Carson collection. 10 DVDs. That should keep me busy for a while.

Vesicant
12-26-05, 07:03 PM
Most notable gift I recieved ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/MrHaun/Percussion.jpg

Just need to figure out a permanent place for it in the house.

Also got some clothes, a model Integra for some reason, voltmeter (needed one), one man brake bleeder kit, Mike Meyers SNL DVD .... etc.
:cowboy:

Destroyer
12-26-05, 09:43 PM
1. Stainless steel outdoor grill w/sideburners and all the toys:thumbsup:
2. large portable DVD player that looks like a tablet and DVD goes through the side. Has audio out that hooks up to my GMC custom van and can be heard through 1200 watt custom stereo.
3. Digital Fork thing to tell if meat on grill is done.
4. Cologne
5. Web cam (dont really know what I'm gonna do with it)
6. Wife ordered and paid for hot tub repairs:thumbsup:

AlBundy
12-26-05, 10:20 PM
JeffreyG, tell me are all musicians the same where ever you go(as far as women are concerned)? Being a musician myself I always got the same question.

gdwriter
12-27-05, 12:37 AM
My sister's twins, who turned 2 today, made out like bandits (I'd say 75% of the presents in the picture are for them). Maddie loves airplanes, so I got her one to fly around her bedroom, plus a plush version of Southwest's Lone Star One and a Southwest jet that lights up and makes jet noises. She loved them and took them to bed with her last night. Austin likes cars, so I got him a Hot Wheels starter set, plus several Hot Wheels. My teen-age niece Laura put it together and we had a blast shooting cars down the track. For the record, the Cadillac Sixteen Hot Wheels car had the most consecutive laps out of the six cars I had bought—108.

I got a couple of CD-ROMs I had wanted, "Chevrolet—The Nostalgia Years 1950-1969" and "Automobile Ads of the 50s and 60s." Lots of great ads. Since I write ads for a living (http://www.sandacom.com), it's fun to read these. Pontiac and Chevy especially were at the top of their game in the 60s, both in terms of their cars and their ads.

If anybody would like to see ads for any of their favorite cars (pssst...Sandy, there are lots of great Imperial and Cadillac ads), send me a PM or e-mail (gary@gdwriter.com). Give me the year, make and, if applicable, the model. If I have it, I'll send it.

My dog Hoover also made out well, thanks to his cousin Buster, my parents' cat. He got a rawhide chew bone, two Pedigree Jumbones, and a plush toy. My cats got Pounce treats, also courtesy of Buster.

Since my little sister doesn't like turkey, my Mom asked me to make a prime rib for Christmas dinner (plus garlic mashed potatoes and fresh steamed asparagus) It turned out great; the only downside being I think I'm going to be the family's Christmas chef from now on.

All in all, a nice holiday. Got back home tonight in time to catch the Patriots beating the Jets on MNF on the radio driving home from the Portland airport and the second half on TV.

Hope everyone else had a good Christmas as well. Judging from the posts here, it sounds like everybody did.

FSU_Noles
12-27-05, 10:51 AM
Samsung 42" Plasma TV
Casio DVD Camcorder
Florida State apparel (shirts, jerseys, watch)
40-yr old Virgin DVD
Seinfeld Seasons 5 & 6 DVD (with VanDelay enterprises t-shirt)
FSU license plate ring
Jax Jaguars Jersey

...and worst of all I got a killer cold from my travels to Oklahoma to see the in-laws. Never fails I come back from that place sick. Not to mention Delta canceled our flight back on the 23rd so we had to stay in hotel overnight in Tulsa and not get home until X-mas eve.

At this point for me Xmas is mostly about my 5-yr old daughter, neices and nephews. I pretty much buy what I want for myself during the year so my lists consist of fringe things that are cheap enough for my family to buy and that I probably wouldn't buy myself.

Glad everyone had a good holiday, hope the new year is good to you all....

gothicaleigh
12-27-05, 12:22 PM
Toys:
Sony PSP
Death Jr. game for PSP
The Nightmare Before Christmas on UMD

Books:
Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You (I love fantasy art books)
Massively Multiplayer Games for Dummies (very funny)

...and not one of "my" gifts, but worth mentioning because all we did was play it until we couldn't stand the last couple days:
Dance Dance Revolution MegaMix 3 for the Xbox and a dance pad.

Xrayqueen
12-27-05, 02:44 PM
I got the greatest gift of all !!! I just relocated to a very large home. My guy got me an I-Robot Roomba vacuam with remote control. It is awesome when it is complete it looks like the Molly Maids came to the house. Any one with a large house needs one. You can program it to clean when you're not home. Most of all it really works. It picks up leaves etc. It clean hardwood floors,tile and all you do is sit on your butt :) So Guys if you want to make your gal happy get her one of these she'll love you forever more :) Also you'll have more time for other activity's if you know what I mean :) Well that my 10 cents :)
Peace :bouncy:

dbdartman
12-27-05, 03:26 PM
I've been "punishing" myself by watching the box set of Rocky & Bullwinkle. I've watched the first season & am 25% of the way through season 2. It's a 12 disc set with at least 4 discs being double sided (season 2).

HOKEY SMOKE! :wacky:

caddydaddy
12-27-05, 03:50 PM
I bought myself a Roady2 XM radio car kit for my '94 Deville! $18 at Best Buy and $6.99 a month, I love it!
I also received a 3/8" air ratchet for all the Caddys, and some car cleaning supplies.

Sandy
12-27-05, 05:07 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16316&d=1135661301

Items missing:
Vinyl Roof
Whitewalls
Custom Wheels
Door Edge Guards
Rocker Panel Mouldings
LIMITED EDITION plaques

gdwriter
12-27-05, 06:17 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16316&d=1135661301

Items missing:
Vinyl Roof
Whitewalls
Custom Wheels
Door Edge Guards
Rocker Panel Mouldings
LIMITED EDITION plaques
Ha ha! Good one, Sandy! You'll notice it's got the Flinstones power plant. Couldn't get A/C, either, but at least it didn't sit gathering dust (and finance charges) sitting on the dealer's lot for 400+ days like your revenge Monaco Brougham!

Boombotz
12-27-05, 08:39 PM
I got the greatest gift of all !!! I just relocated to a very large home. My guy got me an I-Robot Roomba vacuam with remote control. It is awesome when it is complete it looks like the Molly Maids came to the house. Any one with a large house needs one. You can program it to clean when you're not home. Most of all it really works. It picks up leaves etc. It clean hardwood floors,tile and all you do is sit on your butt :) So Guys if you want to make your gal happy get her one of these she'll love you forever more :) Also you'll have more time for other activity's if you know what I mean :) Well that my 10 cents :)
Peace :bouncy:

Yup we love that thing. It does a very good job.

Sandy
12-27-05, 09:28 PM
Ha ha! Good one, Sandy! You'll notice it's got the Flinstones power plant. Couldn't get A/C, either, but at least it didn't sit gathering dust (and finance charges) sitting on the dealer's lot for 400+ days like your revenge Monaco Brougham!

Hey, don't mess with my 1976 Dodge Royal Monaco Brougham 4-Door Sedan !
:bouncy: :D :D :banana: :fan: :fan:

JC316
12-27-05, 11:53 PM
My mom got a battery for her Roomba. That thing is awesome.

davesdeville
12-28-05, 02:27 AM
I bought myself a Roady2 XM radio car kit for my '94 Deville! $18 at Best Buy and $6.99 a month, I love it!
I also received a 3/8" air ratchet for all the Caddys, and some car cleaning supplies.

Hmm I didn't know it was only $7/mo. I might have to go to work and see if they have any stations I like...

tru504187211
12-28-05, 10:03 AM
Eat, Grind, Sleep (http://topdollarclothing.meridian1.net/Images/Products/Large/1013.gif)