: FORD FUSION?? god wanna rip off caddy more??

1fastSTS
12-25-05, 11:07 AM
wow how much more can ford rip off cadillac with thier fusion...it looks completely identical to the STS/ CTS.....wow what a bunch of crap!!!!!

gary88
12-25-05, 08:36 PM
http://www.soultek.com/images/ford_fusion_hybrid_vehicle.jpg

http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/2006-Cadillac-STS-06122421990005.JPG

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/14-20709-464286-18671/Ford%20Fusion%20Rear.JPG

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/autos/photos/66500/66696.2001.Lexus.IS300.jpg

shame on you ford

Katshot
12-26-05, 02:14 PM
Personally, the big similarity I see is they both have ugly-ass headlights. There's always going to be similarities from time to time. I think it's unavoidable.

Randy_W
12-26-05, 04:32 PM
The very first time I saw it, I said the shape looked like a CTS. Kat is right though, similarities are going to happen, in style.

SilverFleetwood85
12-26-05, 07:23 PM
The front looks like a CTS, but the rear looks like the 1994-1995 Honda Accord. Not a bad looking car but I would never buy one because I don't trust FORD.

davesdeville
12-27-05, 02:02 AM
Personally, the big similarity I see is they both have ugly-ass headlights. There's always going to be similarities from time to time. I think it's unavoidable.

Exactly. These aren't even THAT similar...

LaneWvr
12-27-05, 03:20 AM
I have the same feelings as Caddeville towards Ford. Every company copies another, all of them at one point or another. What kills me is the retro thing, which I like. But Dodge started it with the Prowler and PartTime Cruiser. Then Ford with the Mustangs and GT40. Now years later Chevy with the SSR(which is a joke, should've been as fast as the Lightning), HHR(PT cruiser with uglier front), and now the future Camero. I actually wanted a retro Camero or Chevelle, but in retrospect it would've been better if Chevy would've done the opposite and gone futuristic with it. Tried to be different for a change. :rant2:

Katshot
12-27-05, 07:11 AM
One point I have to make is even though I don't care for the Fusion's styling, they sure can look hot with a little "tweaking". I saw a few from the SEMA show and all I can say is WOW!

Blackout
12-28-05, 09:17 AM
Its funny how you guys bash on Ford for making a car that "looks" like a CTS when all they really have that looks similar is the headlights, but yet you say nothing about Chevy's HHR looking identical to that PT Cruiser:shhh:

Randy_W
12-28-05, 09:43 AM
Its funny how you guys bash on Ford for making a car that "looks" like a CTS when all they really have that looks similar is the headlights, but yet you say nothing about Chevy's HHR looking identical to that PT Cruiser:shhh:

I think the sillouette of the two is what looks more alike than the detail, myself. As I said similarities in design are going to happen.

The HHR is the a ripoff of the marketing idea, but the two vehicles are very different in execution. The HHR is more refined vehicle than the PT Cruiser, and larger, though niether will be mistaken for a RR.

90Brougham350
12-28-05, 11:44 AM
The similarities exist between HHR and the PT, but I think the Fusion is much more similar to the CTS. I think the HHR is far uglier than any PT will ever be (and you all know of my undying love for Chrysler) But let's not forget, imitation is the finest form of flattery. It's also one of the easiest way to sell cars.

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/i/nctd/q/06s-hhr.jpg

http://joys.tripod.com/images/325%202001%20PT%20Cruiser%20122EJF%20%20%200931c.j pg

LaneWvr
12-30-05, 06:02 AM
Did you completely miss my post? 2 above yours, I know its kinda long. And the Fusion does have a very similar overall shape.

AlBundy
12-30-05, 11:50 PM
Going back doesn't mean its a mistake as I've written in other posts. It seems that most thing go back to establish some kind of identity linked to where it came from. Going up as a kid in the early ages to me its a good thing to see a mustange modeled back to the old days. As far as you futuristic sorts show me a futuristic car thats not corny looking that doesn't take ideas from the past. Blue jeans are blue jeans no matter how futuristic you make them.

Caddy Man
12-31-05, 01:26 AM
and no one gets upset that the Buick Lucerne looks like a VW Phaeton in its side profile and its rear end? I love Cadillac like everyone else on this forum, but some of you have a ''holier-than-thou'' attitude about things. Stop worrying so much...you might live longer.

LaneWvr
12-31-05, 04:59 AM
Worring is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Lord Cadillac
01-03-06, 05:29 PM
I haven't taken a seat in the Ford Fusion yet. I will.. But from what I see, it's going to put up a GREAT fight against the Honda Accord.. I do believe the stronger interior goes to the Accord - but the exterior, to me, goes to the Fusion. One place where Ford really fell short is with performance.. 0-60 is about 1.5 seconds off. The Accord can keep up with Cadillacs (and beat some of them) and the Fusion's V6 is hitting 60 at around 8 seconds..

davesdeville
01-04-06, 04:01 AM
You're not talking base model Accord. The V6 will run down a Deville or maybe one of the newer V6 cars but that's about it. The I4 Accord... just blech.

Blackout
01-04-06, 06:33 AM
Well Ford just came out with a new 3.5 V6 that I believe is supposed to be putting out 300 hp. So maybe that will find its way into the Fusion or maybe the SVT Fusion

Lord Cadillac
01-04-06, 11:14 AM
The Accord V6's are in the low-mid 6s 0-60 when driven hard.. That's about the same or better than most Cadillacs.. But I was comparing the top models of each, anyway..

gixxer_751
01-12-06, 07:18 PM
i've seen Kia disgrace Luxus and Jaguar, so lets be happy that a respectable company copied cadi, on the plus note: fords aren't that bad, my pops has two 2 ford trucks 87'/89' and they both have exceeded 300,000 miles,

AznPrydeRegalRyde
01-31-06, 02:09 PM
#1 thing. I ****IN HATE FORD, they suck BALLS!!!!!!!!!! I saw the ford fusion commercial yesterday and litterally freaked out, why the **** does it look like a CTS?!?!?!?!?!?!? And the chrysler new yorker in the late 80's, early 90's, same back end as cadillac (ie. taillights). And now chrysler is complaining and shit with the 2006 dts (true?)? The market is gonna go down cuz of japanese and thier consevative shit. No one is buying used cars anymore, especially rebuilds, because punjabi's can't rebuild cars, they make them worse. This makes people scared to buy them. My dad has atleast 20 cerificates, engineering one too.
Oh dear god...

Tombo47
02-02-06, 11:52 AM
why is everyone comparing the fusion to the CTs...you should be more directly comparing the Zephyr....its thedirect competitor, built of the same platform as Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Mazda 6.

Katshot
02-02-06, 12:39 PM
Oh dear god...

Yeah, really! :bigroll:

1fastSTS
02-05-06, 04:53 PM
who gives a shit if the HHR looks like the cruiser...im talking about cadillac here!!! im not talking about other GM cars...i can give a shit less about any other GM cars except buicks and cadillacs... now all im saying is the ford fusion looks identical to the CTS and its not just the lights. its the whole damn front. lol

Mark0101
02-06-06, 03:05 PM
Well Ford just came out with a new 3.5 V6 that I believe is supposed to be putting out 300 hp. So maybe that will find its way into the Fusion or maybe the SVT Fusion
I think its around 250 hp. and these are the numbers for the fusion

Ford Fusion SEL V6 - 3.0L DOHC (221 hp) 6A + ABS
0 - 60 Time.............................................. ..7.47
(seconds)1/4 Mile Time................................15.78
(seconds)1/4 Mile Speed...............................92.30
(mph)Braking 60 - 0mph (ft.)..........................144
it would proably keep up with the Deville and the CTS

gothicaleigh
02-06-06, 09:04 PM
I think its around 250 hp. and these are the numbers for the fusion
Ford Fusion SEL V6 - 3.0L DOHC (221 hp) 6A + ABS
0 - 60 Time.............................................. ..7.47
(seconds)1/4 Mile Time................................15.78
(seconds)1/4 Mile Speed...............................92.30
(mph)Braking 60 - 0mph (ft.)..........................144
it would proably keep up with the Deville and the CTS

2004 Cadillac CTS 5 spd Automatic Lux/Sport
3.6L DOHC V6 w/VVT
255hp
0-60: 6.4
1/4 mile: 14.92 @ 92.72
60-0 Braking: 121 ft.
700’ Slalom: 63.7 mph
Source: Motor Trend

2003 CTS 5 spd Automatic non-sport
3.2L DOHC V6
220hp @ 6000 rpm
Max torque: 218 @ 3400 rpm
0-60: 6.86
1/4 Mile: 15.2 @ 90.7 mph
60-0 Braking: 128 ft.
600’ Slalom: 61.3 mph
Source: Motor Trend Aug. 2002

SL1CK
02-06-06, 09:15 PM
I'm just tired of the imitation...regardless of flattery. It shows how "original" Ford can be....and Chrysler...first the 300 wannabe Bentley, now the new whatever wannabe Rolls Royce....then FORD?? with a wannabe CTS...ah...whatever

Zorb750
02-20-06, 09:04 AM
Another strike against the Fusion: Every one I see on the road seems to be bring driven by some punk, schmuck looking kid who has a seems to think he's really special for having his little Factory Ordered Road Disaster, or for some other reason. The affore mentioned schmucks also drive like idiots, at least that's what I have around me. I've noticed it at least 6 or 7 times.

Blackout
02-20-06, 04:03 PM
Another strike against the Fusion: Every one I see on the road seems to be bring driven by some punk, schmuck looking kid who has a seems to think he's really special for having his little Factory Ordered Road Disaster, or for some other reason. The affore mentioned schmucks also drive like idiots, at least that's what I have around me. I've noticed it at least 6 or 7 times.Would you please end your life? Thanks:thumbsup:

Cadillacboy
02-23-06, 04:13 PM
Whoe to Ford .I wonder when Ford will make an outstanding sports sedan

CoupeDevilleRob
02-23-06, 10:07 PM
How did the Fusion do in crash tests? I ask because on the news the other day there was a story about a diabetic guy on Long Island who went in to shock or something and caused a huge wreck. He was driving a Fusion and the car was WRECKED! I know the Fire Dept did a lot of damage cutting him out but the whole roof was buckled, the front end totally shifted, the car didn't hold up at all. It didn't happen on the highway either, so he couldn't have been going too fast. Makes me wonder how safe they are.

Blackout
02-24-06, 05:32 AM
How did the Fusion do in crash tests? I ask because on the news the other day there was a story about a diabetic guy on Long Island who went in to shock or something and caused a huge wreck. He was driving a Fusion and the car was WRECKED! I know the Fire Dept did a lot of damage cutting him out but the whole roof was buckled, the front end totally shifted, the car didn't hold up at all. It didn't happen on the highway either, so he couldn't have been going too fast. Makes me wonder how safe they are.
I went to www.nhtsa.gov website and searched the Fusion and it had a 4 star rating for all the tests

Skidmore
02-01-07, 01:29 AM
wow how much more can ford rip off cadillac with thier fusion...it looks completely identical to the STS/ CTS.....wow what a bunch of crap!!!!!

The Ford Fusion uses styling from the 2003 Ford 427 concept vehicle not some stupid Cadillac.

http://archive.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2003/detroit/highlights/h04-ford-427.html

It is also fairly well known that Cadillac ripped off the styling from Lincoln concept cars with the new edge theme for the design of cars such as the CTS and a bunch of other new Cadillacs.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.21stcentury.co.uk/images/cars/ford_lincoln_sentinel.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.21stcentury.co.uk/cars/ford_lincoln_sentinel.asp&h=190&w=275&sz=8&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=7x86F136vJg3aM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlincoln%2Bsentinel%26svnum%3D10%26hl% 3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

Lord Cadillac
02-01-07, 10:53 AM
The Ford Fusion looks so much like the Cadillac STS, that I actually like it quite a bit. Nobody cares who copied who first - or what car it took styling ques after. The fact is, the Cadillac STS is a production car which was in production before the Ford Fusion, and the Ford Fusion looks just like it.

gothicaleigh
02-01-07, 02:59 PM
It is also fairly well known that Cadillac ripped off the styling from Lincoln concept cars with the new edge theme for the design of cars such as the CTS and a bunch of other new Cadillacs.

Cadillac has used sharp edges in it's styling since at least the fifties (remember tailfins?). High outside corner ridges, the center crease, and vertical lighting have been Cadillac trademarks for generations.

Your 1996 Lincoln concept looks like nothing more than a modern version of the high-corner 70's cruisers.
Edges aren't new, but the stealth fighter look was pioneered by the Evoq concept in 1999.

Blackout
02-01-07, 03:52 PM
but the stealth fighter look was pioneered by the Evoq concept in 1999.No way. The Ford GT90 concept was definately the pioneer.

http://www.pallasbv.com/Jeroen/Cu2/gt90.JPG

Lord Cadillac
02-01-07, 04:43 PM
Yeah.. Still.. The Ford Fusion looks as close to the Cadillac STS as the Pontiac Firebird looked to the Chevy Camaro - and at least there was a good reason for those two to look similar...

thebigjimsho
02-01-07, 06:06 PM
The Ford Fusion uses styling from the 2003 Ford 427 concept vehicle not some stupid Cadillac.

http://archive.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2003/detroit/highlights/h04-ford-427.html

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.21stcentury.co.uk/images/cars/ford_lincoln_sentinel.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.21stcentury.co.uk/cars/ford_lincoln_sentinel.asp&h=190&w=275&sz=8&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=7x86F136vJg3aM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlincoln%2Bsentinel%26svnum%3D10%26hl% 3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN
Yeah, why don't you just go away. Cadillac at least has the balls to make sports sedans with big power and manual transmissions. Lincoln let the LS die and replace it with the heiffer. Now the MKZ, or whatever, it's a decent enough car with a truck interior and no balls.

Ford is bleeding money for a reason.

thebigjimsho
02-01-07, 06:08 PM
No way. The Ford GT90 concept was definately the pioneer.

http://www.pallasbv.com/Jeroen/Cu2/gt90.JPGNeither the Evoq or that is the pioneer. Shapes like this have been around for decades.

Blackout
02-01-07, 08:18 PM
Neither the Evoq or that is the pioneer. Shapes like this have been around for decades.I know. I was just looking for an excuse to post a picture of that up. When I see it I go :cloud9:

thebigjimsho
02-02-07, 10:57 AM
I know. I was just looking for an excuse to post a picture of that up. When I see it I go :cloud9:Well, good enough excuse for me.

RightTurn
02-02-07, 11:46 AM
Park your Caddy next to a Fusion. The similarities quickly disappear, ahaha.

MachX
02-18-07, 11:25 PM
Comparing the Fusion to a 3.6 powered CTS is rather useless considering the two cars aren't even in the same market. Please keep Fusion comparisons to Accord/Camry/Sebring/Malibu, the segment in which it belongs, and compares favourably I might add.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
02-21-07, 12:13 PM
Comparing the Fusion to a 3.6 powered CTS is rather useless considering the two cars aren't even in the same market. Please keep Fusion comparisons to Accord/Camry/Sebring/Malibu, the segment in which it belongs, and compares favourably I might add.no...make us

RightTurn
02-21-07, 12:22 PM
:lol:

weister42
02-25-07, 02:10 AM
The Ford fusion would be a good contender if its Duratec 24V V6 ngine would make more power(221Hp, 200-something torque), it's got a 6-speed auto and AWD too. I guess you could buy a used AWD Fusion with the V6 and turbo it to make it faster. Then you can get some 18" rims, a stereo, tinted windows, nitrous and you'll be good to go.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
03-17-07, 03:38 PM
The Ford fusion would be a good contender if its Duratec 24V V6 ngine would make more power(221Hp, 200-something torque), it's got a 6-speed auto and AWD too. I guess you could buy a used AWD Fusion with the V6 and turbo it to make it faster. Then you can get some 18" rims, a stereo, tinted windows, nitrous and you'll be good to go.
good to go where? pick up your sister and take her out on a nice date?

Kadonny
03-19-07, 03:33 PM
After seeing a whole bunch of them on the roads, I cannot agree at all they look like the CTS.

tommym96
03-20-07, 11:08 AM
it's funny listening to people on here bash Ford

RightTurn
03-20-07, 12:33 PM
good to go where? pick up your sister and take her out on a nice date?

APRR--you're crackin' me up. :lol: