: What happened to my Rear passenger side Seat belt!!

austin
12-24-05, 10:04 AM
Hi,

I bought my 2004 "V" used.... I have never been in the back seat... Until the other day when i had to change out the rear floormats. I noticed that my rear seat belt behind the passenger seat has two male clips hanging down, and that the release has no red button to push to release it once it is latched. Yaaaaa, later it hits me.. baby seat onboard (probably from the previous owner)!!

Question,

How do i correct this so that a adult can use that seat belt. The receptical coming out of the lower seat cusion has no red release button.

Thanks.

urbanski
12-24-05, 10:14 AM
look at the male clips. the lower-hanging one has a curved tab....this clips to the black without a red button recepticle....then the higher-up male unit clips (across the middle) to one with a red button.

in my car, the this middle belt is a rattle source, so i too keep it unclipped and tucked into the center armrest. you can also completely remove it, but that is involved.

austin
12-24-05, 10:07 PM
So the passenger rear seat belt has to be stretched accross the rear center console and clipped into the recepticle which has the red button? I'm lost on this one.. I do know that the rear driver seat belt has two identical black recepticles with red buttons right next to each other.... I was thinking one was for a rear center seat belt and the other for the driver rear seat belt. I'm still not sure on how to get the passenger rear buckled up? :(

urbanski
12-25-05, 07:23 AM
hmmm. you should have 3 belts for 3 positions
passenger side there is a red button, and an all black recepticle.
driver side there are 2 red button ones.
so that is 4 recepticles...if one is "missing" pop out the rear seat bottom, pull up on the front of the seat, it simply pops out. the prior owner could have tucked one below the seat...the fit real easy down there.

now the lowest middle belt clip with the curved metal end pops into the black recepticle, and then buckles across the center to one of the driver red recepticles.

urbanski
12-25-05, 07:27 AM
here's all 4
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/9396/seatout28ka.th.jpg (http://img463.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seatout28ka.jpg)

austin
12-25-05, 09:31 AM
Thank you for the picture...... it was woorth a 1,000 words!!!

Hope you have a great holiday..... case solved (thanks to you), the passenger rear seat belt with the red release button (as you noted) was indeed hiding under the rear seat bottom cushion. :)