: I must have some bad luck!!!

Boombotz
12-24-05, 12:18 AM
So, I haven't been on all day today really because it is time to bake. Prepped all day and get ready to start tonight. Made about 6 dozen cookies, baked a cake and prepped cookie dough for later this after noon. I start preheating my oven this evening and all of the sudden I see fire. I turn with a big holy shit and see nothing. I open the stove that I just put cookies in and see a big bright hole. It was in my lower element(sp?)! Looks like I am in deep shit. I will search like crazy to get it replaced tomorrow, but being it is Christmas Eve I think the odds are against me. To top it off I have 19 people coming to my house for Christmas Dinner and no oven. Now tell me that doesn't suck!!!:crybaby: :alchi: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

illumina
12-24-05, 12:27 AM
Nah, just order some Chinese food for Christmas. They have some variations of cookies, and they tell you your fortune! Now that is a Christmas idea!

LittleB
12-24-05, 01:20 AM
Awwww I'm so sorry to hear that!!! Tell them all to cook a dish and bring it with them when they come over...might work LOL

TomDeville
12-24-05, 02:00 AM
You are screwed Julie if you don't get an
alternative oven, or pay to get your oven
fixed by some rip off artist on Christmas Eve.
I have 16 coming over, and if my oven was
fu*ked up it would be a total nightmare.

I truly hope that it works out for you.

Best Regards,

TomDeville:cool2:

Boombotz
12-24-05, 07:40 AM
Well Tom is now aware of the problem. He says if he can't find an element then I will get a new stove. I think i found one at a sears over in Tampa but they are saying something about 2 other parts needed so I will have to call them. Either way though at least I know that I shouldn't be without a stove or I hope not anyway!

Elvis
12-24-05, 07:52 AM
This close to Christmas you probably can't find an Easy Bake oven, either.

I hope you find something, but it seems like I remember someone I know going through the same thing you are several years ago, and they came out okay.

Boombotz
12-24-05, 10:14 AM
Well I found a little mom and pop shop around here that was open and had the part. Guess my luck is changing. I had also ordered a 9lb Honey Baked Ham and went to pick it up they only had 11lb hams so I got it for the same price as a 9lb. It's been a good day.:bouncy:

Stoneage_Caddy
12-24-05, 11:10 AM
good , i was gonna give you instructions to be able to bake useing the GM H.O. 6 liter V8 , i have cooked many a meals useing engines ....

Or you could have Amy sit in the oven , girl that hot could cook that ham no problem

slk230mb
12-24-05, 12:31 PM
That's rough Julie, but take a look at my mom's kitchen and dining room:
http://www.smatarese.com/forum/kitchen.jpg
http://www.smatarese.com/forum/diningroom.jpg

It has since been insulated and the sheetrockers are here now, but it's no where being done.

mccombie_5
12-24-05, 12:39 PM
Hope everyhting's ok Julie.

It happened to us the first year we lived here. We had 23 people over. We had to get one of them to bring their cooker over. It worked out good, apart from arriving at 11pm Christmas Eve with a cooker in a pick up truck.

It was funny, but very very nearly a disaster.

Boombotz
12-24-05, 10:33 PM
We shall be fine, we fixed the oven.

Boombotz
12-24-05, 10:35 PM
Steve, I feel for your Mom, but that would be an excuse to eat out every night though.:p

slk230mb
12-25-05, 08:37 AM
Steve, I feel for your Mom, but that would be an excuse to eat out every night though.:p

Exactly. Today I'm helping with making baked ziti, using the hotplate to cook sauce.