: GM buys my V back!

jimbohenson
12-23-05, 07:49 PM
After 6300 miles, 9 months and just as many trips to service they have "bought" my car back. I leased it back in March and have sinced replaced 2 radiator's, 2 ecu's and a few other things. They basically refunded my downpayment and took the car. The only reason it ever got fixed correctly was with the input from all of you. I eventually had to inform the Service Manager how to fix my car based. I have had two STS's and the V. GM is really going to have to step it up to ever get my business again. I thank all of you for your input and am glad to have been a supporting member. NOW THE IMPORTANT PART. I have a set of 20" Foose Speedster 6's wrapped in BFG T/A Kdw's. 245/35/zr20 front and 285/30/zr20 rear. I also have a Corsa exhaust and 3M Clear Bra Kit. I will post another thread immediately following this.

alcast082
12-23-05, 10:36 PM
Sorry to hear that,
It's a shame you had that many problems with the V

CaddyGeek
12-24-05, 02:36 AM
Which cars are you looking at now that the V is gone?

jlakowicz
12-24-05, 08:03 AM
Do you have a picture of the wheels or the car with the wheels on?

roadracerx72
12-24-05, 06:48 PM
Hey Jim,

I wish you could just get an 06 and free maintenance for say the life of the warranty or something. It's too bad to hear stories like this. Sounded like a real headache for you. Good luck on your next purchase.

Rock

DarkKnight
12-25-05, 03:46 PM
After 6300 miles, 9 months and just as many trips to service they have "bought" my car back. I leased it back in March and have sinced replaced 2 radiator's, 2 ecu's and a few other things. They basically refunded my downpayment and took the car. The only reason it ever got fixed correctly was with the input from all of you. I eventually had to inform the Service Manager how to fix my car based. I have had two STS's and the V. GM is really going to have to step it up to ever get my business again. I thank all of you for your input and am glad to have been a supporting member. NOW THE IMPORTANT PART. I have a set of 20" Foose Speedster 6's wrapped in BFG T/A Kdw's. 245/35/zr20 front and 285/30/zr20 rear. I also have a Corsa exhaust and 3M Clear Bra Kit. I will post another thread immediately following this.

Sorry to hear about your V, but it's good to hear that GM took care of you. I am thinking of replacing my V with a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. I can get one fully loaded for a little under sticker. They base at $39,995 and loaded (DVD, Nav, power moon roof and a lot of other stuff) for $45,000. Check out this link, enjoy and good luck.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8.htm

mostoyzwinz
03-09-06, 09:40 PM

Still got the Corsa? If so lemme know the $. Thx.

ace996
03-09-06, 10:46 PM
You are very fortunate, Jim. Please share with us the details of the buyback, as a few of us wish to do the same.
Thanks,
ace

CVP33
03-09-06, 10:51 PM
You are very fortunate, Jim. Please share with us the details of the buyback, as a few of us wish to do the same.
Thanks,
ace

Ace,

Two things here. First is, he was a lease so a different animal altogether. Unless you have a lease too, then he probably can help you. Second is I'm am strictly forbidden from posting in this thread, so what the hell am I doing here? :tisk: (I'm soooo banned)

ace996
03-09-06, 11:10 PM
I've been advised to withold any disclosure of my current situation but it is getting close....
Not a lease...a smartbuy. Both sides are digging in, decision should be within a month.

V-Max
03-10-06, 12:19 AM
Wow! A buy back and no mention of the "D" word or transmission. Amazing. :)

Norm - who's other car wants a V8 too!
http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=9;t=261;st=0

urbanski
03-10-06, 07:19 AM
guys did you notice somebody bumped a 3 month old thread

jimbohenson
03-10-06, 07:01 PM
Mine being a lease was part of it. Also my dealership really went to bat for me. I originally wanted an 06 to replace my 05 and they wanted another $1000. It would have been worth it, but it was the principle of it. Mostly it was the Service Director, who I had to tell how to fix my car based on the input i got on this forum. It wasnt easy or fast. The came with some very ridiculous offers. My case manager got to the point where he didnt even want to talk to me anymore, we had a mediator. They gave me back my down payment and security deposit. The only expense I incurred was the monthly payments. I basically rented the car for 10 months. I turned it in with tint and a couple bumper scuffs, they still gave back my security deposit. I guess I just lucked out.