: Saw a Flying Spur

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 06:53 AM
On the way home this morning, very very nice car, it was gliding on its own self importance

and overtaking everyone...

gary88
12-23-05, 10:09 AM
Beautiful car, I saw an episode of Top Gear where they got one up to 180. Pretty impressive for a sedan :thumbsup:

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 10:12 AM
Yeha I saw that too, apparently it will do over 200, as the W12 Phaeton does and its basically the same engine/drivetrain/platform.

It wasnt quite going that fast, probably about a tonne.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-05, 01:15 PM
One of the most beautifiul european sedans ever. I believe it weighs over 5000lbs and is still capable of 190+ mph!

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 01:18 PM
One of the most beautifiul european sedans ever. I believe it weighs over 5000lbs and is still capable of 190+ mph!

Hmmm, its nice, it could be nicer IMO.

There a place not to far from here where in the driveway is a Continental GT and a Contintal Flying Spur.

The one I saw today was FILTHY

Caddy Man
12-23-05, 04:10 PM
i dunno...i dont think it looks that good, i think an arnage looks 1000x better.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-05, 04:44 PM
Continental GT/Flying Spur=new money
Arnage=old money

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 04:47 PM
i dunno...i dont think it looks that good, i think an arnage looks 1000x better.

Agree completely

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 04:51 PM
Continental GT/Flying Spur=new money
Arnage=old money

Also true

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/636063-Bently_sSmall.jpg

I picked the picture up off another forum, but the place isnt far from me and ive seen it myself.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-05, 04:53 PM
they arent poor

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 04:54 PM
they arent poor

The houses down there are nothing special, but they cost twice as mucha s mine, and mines about four tiems the size with more land, they really are LOADED down there.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-05, 05:05 PM
wow..when I was in Windsor, I saw some nice houses, nothing that I can really remember....other than the Castle :p

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 05:14 PM
wow..when I was in Windsor, I saw some nice houses, nothing that I can really remember....other than the Castle :p

Windsor is a long way out of my area, Im in the North, Northumberland.

The countryside is much nicer here.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-05, 05:24 PM
mhm...on the way to my aunt and uncles' flat on the sea in Exmouth, we were driving through the countryside and I saw this great big estate with a Diablo parked in the driveway.

In Windsor, I used to see a silver Murcielago everyday on the way into town, I saw a '70s Daimler there too and a early '60s Bentley. That was the only time I've ever been to a Ferrari/Maserati dealership.

Alexs EXT
12-23-05, 05:26 PM
I've seen a few...one with a 20-25-year-old girl driving! (or at least she looked that age) http://www.clubcivic.com/board/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 05:31 PM
mhm...on the way to my aunt and uncles' flat on the sea in Exmouth, we were driving through the countryside and I saw this great big estate with a Diablo parked in the driveway.
In Windsor, I used to see a silver Murcielago everyday on the way into town, I saw a '70s Daimler there too and a early '60s Bentley. That was the only time I've ever been to a Ferrari/Maserati dealership.

There is obviously more money in the South, because the capital city is there, London and the South for me is alien, it isnt the UK i know, its the North and Scotland that are my personal tastes, I have only ever seen four Lambos in this are...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-05, 05:35 PM
Is the north like the england that you hear about in Led Zeppelin's songs, like Jimmy Pages' house with a thatched roof, and the sheep farms and whatnot. The north always seemed more like farms and country and the south seemed more like industrialzed cities and stuff.

Kev
12-23-05, 05:40 PM
It took me a little while to find out that you were talking about a car and not riding accouterments or flying farm animals! :bonkers:

I didn't know that a Flying Spur was some kinda fancy Rolls Royce!

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 05:49 PM
Is the north like the england that you hear about in Led Zeppelin's songs, like Jimmy Pages' house with a thatched roof, and the sheep farms and whatnot. The north always seemed more like farms and country and the south seemed more like industrialzed cities and stuff.

Its really the other way round...

In the North we had the pits, coal mines, and that was a pretty black time, we were the coal kings, but Northerners were considered common, and working class only, at that time 90% of the wealth was owned by 10% of the population, the cities in the South are bigger (London, Birmingham) but they are more controlling than the ones in the North (Newcastle, Manchester)

Since the mines closed, we have become more cultured, outside of London Newcastle is known as the biggest cultural centre, and also the best night out, we Noirthern folk are tougher than the Southerners, and work harder. Most jobs in the South are typical desk jobs, most jobs here are manufacturing (massive Nissan plant in Sunderland provides 5,000 with jobs)

Countryside, the North has much nicer feautires, the South gets repetitive, we have a massive forest and lake, Keilder.

This is most typical Southerners view of the city I live in, this is how most see it, in the 1930s, alot of them think we still work in pits and are rough barbarians

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/ophn16w.jpg

This is the reality.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Photography%20-%20Non%20College/Quayside%202/quays017.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Photography%20-%20Non%20College/Quayside18-10-05054.jpg

We are the poor relation up here, and the further north you go the worse it gets with the southerners

There is a great sense of regional pride here.

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 05:50 PM
It took me a little while to find out that you were talking about a car and not riding accouterments or flying farm animals! :bonkers:

I didn't know that a Flying Spur was some kinda fancy Rolls Royce!

LOL!

Bentley Kev, a Bentley!

Kev
12-23-05, 05:56 PM
LOL!

Bentley Kev, a Bentley!Bentley, Rolls Royce, Ford, Chevy, what's the difference? :duck:
:p
:bang2:

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 05:58 PM
Bentley, Rolls Royce, Ford, Chevy, what's the difference? :duck:
:p
:bang2:

Yeah, what do we drive?

Is it Schadillaks?

Or is this a Mercedes Benz forum?

I forget, old age :p

Kev
12-23-05, 06:05 PM
LOL

Wait a minute! You mean my car isn't a Chevy?!! :eek:

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 06:08 PM
LOL

Wait a minute! You mean my car isn't a Chevy?!! :eek:

I know, I was deeply shocked and horrified when I read "Lexus" on the back of my car :histeric:

Caddy Man
12-24-05, 12:04 AM
Agree completely
ive seen both in real life, I feel the arnage just has details about it that just make it look nicer, the flying spur is very plain on the outside. The arnage to me also has a very stately aura that the flying spur just dosnt show to me.

I feel one of the reasons the Contintal GT and Flying Spur are 'new money' is because they are a lot cheaper than the Arnage or what I like to call the REAL Continental. Much easier for new money to acquire, maybe Im wrong, but thats the way I see it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-05, 01:05 AM
true, but I think of those two as new money because they seem more flamboyant and showy than a Arnage. I've always thought that the Continental GT is big with the rappers and movie stars. The Arnage, to me seems like it would be more associated with the industrialists and the businessmen. That car seems much more formal and elegant than a Continental GT or Flying Spur.

Arnage= wealthy families in Connecticut and the Hamptons
Continental= wealthy rappers, sports players and movie stars in FL and Hollywood.

mccombie_5
12-24-05, 04:30 AM
The Continental is bought alot of the time by premiership footballers (soccer players) and they are known for having not taste in cars. They are a classy range, and I wouldnt complain if I had 100,000 to spend id buy a used Arnage, with a 6.75 V8, not a W12.

I like the Cont. range, but I'd take an Arnage, theyre much more exclusive.

Caddy Man
12-24-05, 04:58 AM
true, but I think of those two as new money because they seem more flamboyant and showy than a Arnage. I've always thought that the Continental GT is big with the rappers and movie stars. The Arnage, to me seems like it would be more associated with the industrialists and the businessmen. That car seems much more formal and elegant than a Continental GT or Flying Spur.

Arnage= wealthy families in Connecticut and the Hamptons
Continental= wealthy rappers, sports players and movie stars in FL and Hollywood.
thats because its the new thing, the new stuff always gets crazy hype...go watch some hip hop music videos from 3-4 years ago...what do you see?? ARNAGES AND BENTLY AZURE convertibles, I cant even count how many Arnages ive seen in various music videos, go watch MTV cribs, many people cant afford the Arnage, but look at the big names like P Diddy, Jermain Dupri, Russel SImmons, Master P...they all have Bentleys. The rappers always pounce on the new stuff which is the GT and flying spur, just because its popular right now, i dont think equates the arnage to being ''old money''; people just get caught up in the hype of having the brand new of everything, but belive me all those guys were rocking Arnages and Azures before the new stuff came out. Any Bentley has more of a younger image associated with it, a Rolls Royce is much more of an ''old money'' car company than Bentley is. A Rolls Royce is what you get driven in...a Bentley is what YOU drive.

mccombie_5
12-24-05, 11:24 AM
thats because its the new thing, the new stuff always gets crazy hype...go watch some hip hop music videos from 3-4 years ago...what do you see?? ARNAGES AND BENTLY AZURE convertibles, I cant even count how many Arnages ive seen in various music videos, go watch MTV cribs, many people cant afford the Arnage, but look at the big names like P Diddy, Jermain Dupri, Russel SImmons, Master P...they all have Bentleys. The rappers always pounce on the new stuff which is the GT and flying spur, just because its popular right now, i dont think equates the arnage to being ''old money''; people just get caught up in the hype of having the brand new of everything, but belive me all those guys were rocking Arnages and Azures before the new stuff came out. Any Bentley has more of a younger image associated with it, a Rolls Royce is much more of an ''old money'' car company than Bentley is. A Rolls Royce is what you get driven in...a Bentley is what YOU drive.

Mostly true, but Bentley actuall has AS much "old money" behind it.

Many people would never own a Rolls Royce for image reasons. The queens personal car is...you guesed it, a Bentley.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/Insight_oct04_focus_bentley_large.jpg

Her favourite car is reported to be a Vauxhall Omega Estate (you know, a Cadillac Catera):

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/omega1.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-05, 11:24 AM
true, I never watch much MTV...usually VH1 Classic lol, I like classic rock, not rap. Rolls Royce is much more "old money" than the Bentley is.

mccombie_5
12-24-05, 11:27 AM
true, I never watch much MTV...usually VH1 Classic lol, I like classic rock, not rap. Rolls Royce is much more "old money" than the Bentley is.

Read above about the Queen's car

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-05, 11:30 AM
yeah I posted that right after you posted that, I saw that the queen has a specially made Bentley.

mccombie_5
12-24-05, 11:39 AM
Notuice how its taller than her!
My mother and Great Grandmother met her.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-05, 11:53 AM
I've heard shes very nice and reserved.

mccombie_5
12-24-05, 11:55 AM
I've heard shes very nice and reserved.

It was in the early 1990s after my Grandfather died. He was a war soldier, apparently she had a lovely long chat with my Grandmother, they even discussed how she sold flowers for a living...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-05, 01:57 PM
How long has she been a queen, since the early 60's?

mccombie_5
12-24-05, 02:00 PM
How long has she been a queen, since the early 60's?

Since 1953. Four years before I was born.

Caddy Man
12-24-05, 03:15 PM
Mostly true, but Bentley actuall has AS much "old money" behind it.

I agree completely. Ive just felt that lately (the past 6-7 years) due to the ''hip hop influence'' all of the latest Bentleys (not just the flying spur or continental GT) have had a much younger, hipper image associated with them. Rolls Royce still seems to have that ''stuffy'' old school vibe.

mccombie_5
12-24-05, 03:22 PM
I agree completely. Ive just felt that lately (the past 6-7 years) due to the ''hip hop influence'' all of the latest Bentleys (not just the flying spur or continental GT) have had a much younger, hipper image associated with them. Rolls Royce still seems to have that ''stuffy'' old school vibe.

Yeah

It was going that way back in 1995 when I had my Bentley.