: Wholesale rims on ebay - Beware

devillain00
12-23-05, 04:52 AM
If anybody was looking into buying rims, this is just a heads up. Trying to get the word out there. Basically, a person bought rims, and then later was told that he had to pay Utah tax, even though it was shipped to FL. Then was threatened with legal action. The person, Ladd Murdock, from wholesale rims also called his mother and cursed at her.

Details
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132210

Havent been to this forum in a while, is there a section for this?

malcolm
12-23-05, 10:20 AM
I would tip off the State Taxing authority in Utah that this guy is collecting tax and is probably pocketing it.

Boombotz
12-23-05, 02:53 PM
Wow that is freakin crazy. I read the entire thing and now am going to watch this unfold. I hope this jerk goes down and hard!

devillain00
12-23-05, 09:05 PM
I would tip off the State Taxing authority in Utah that this guy is collecting tax and is probably pocketing it.

Right now thats what they are trying to do. So far

So far the following have been contacted:
- eBay
- Layton, UT police department
- Utah Department of Commerce
- The person who owns the domain he sells rims from
- BBB of Utah
- All people who left negative feedback to him on eBay

JoeKr
12-26-05, 01:02 PM
This is some of the most interesting reading I have had in a LONGGGG time.

Everyone should read this!

Joekr

powerglide
12-26-05, 01:52 PM
Looks like the dude called him and he was a cop on his voicemail --->impersonating a police officer?

This is some of the most interesting reading I have had in a LONGGGG time.
Everyone should read this!
Joekr

.....I think that Charlie Wenzel thread was better....did you read that one?
(about the kid who tried to scam a forum member sending used parts and demanding more money......it turned into a big deal with the kid getting called from strangers around the world and getting threatened)

c5 rv
12-26-05, 07:25 PM
As I understand it, a retailer HAS to collect state sales tax for in-state transactions and if shipping to a retail customer who lives in a state where the retailer has stores. A retailer MAY collect appropriate state sales taxes from out-of-state purchasers and remit those taxes to each state's taxing authority. States wish all retailers did this. I don't know if you can call the state sales tax office and ask if that company pays sales taxes or not.