: stupid deer *rant*

fpmesiIII
12-23-05, 01:07 AM
i cant stand deer. tonight at about 11 o clock, i was driving down a road, fairly busy for that time of night. i was going 35 in a 40. i know pretty slow. and i was looking straight ahead paying attention. and all of a sudden this deer comes from my side and hits the front end of my drivers side. i was in shock something hit me because it came out of nowhere. i got home and checked the damage.

half the gril is blown out and lights are cracked and wheel well is pushed in. its not terrible. but still its a chore now to get fixed. i guess my insurance will cover the fixing but i want my baby to look like it did before the deer hit it. anyone have any experience with deer collision repairs and how they came out?

devillain00
12-23-05, 07:24 AM
Is the deer dead at least?

mccombie_5
12-23-05, 07:46 AM
It sounds like you got off lightly, glad youre ok.

fpmesiIII
12-23-05, 02:05 PM
thanks mccombie, yeah im pretty sure it is dead. i was coasting too when it hit me. which is why it might not have heard me coming. i should have been letting the magnaflows blow (giving some gas) so all the animals could hear what was coming. i went back this morning to the spot and nothing was there. so maybe someone cleaned up.

DopeStar 156
12-23-05, 02:08 PM
You should be fine, just make sure you get a good body shop. I hit a deer with my Fleetwood and just broke the fiberglass nose and plastic grille. Apparently GM still makes my front clip and grille so I got new parts and the paint was dead on perfect. Looks even better than before I did it because now my grille has a mirror finish as opposed to the old one's dingy finish. If they still make my frint clip, they should still make your parts.

Spyder
12-23-05, 04:31 PM
I ate a nice big hunk of deer for breakfast this morning...backstraps are delicious!

90Brougham350
12-23-05, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear about it dude, but don't feel too bad. My mother has hit 5 deer now in 14 years living where we are. My dad has gotten pretty good at taking a little duct tape, silicone, and re-gluing the plastic parts back together. Of course, she's got a new Explorer now and she just ran one over, so I think my dad will be buying a few new trim pieces, lol.

DopeStar 156
12-23-05, 09:50 PM
Someone hit one infront of my house, I'm looking out the window at the corpse now........ I want the skull....... *Grabs flashlight and shovel*

Elvis
12-23-05, 11:49 PM
You're lucky he didn't come through the windshield. Be glad you're okay. Those accidents can be dangerous.