: 2006 Steering wheel controls

EricInFlorida
12-22-05, 07:00 PM
Just picked up a 2006 Black on Black CTS-V on Monday. Man do I love this car :thumbsup: . The only question I have is there any way to make the right most steering wheel control usefull? It appears to me that the damn thing only seeks throught the radio range:mad: . Is there ANY way to have it go through your presets?

This is the ONLY thing I wish I could change in the user presets that appears that can not be changed.

Davidstan
12-22-05, 08:43 PM
It seems to work fine for the cd but i have the same problem w/ the radio and it doesnt say anything in the owners man. about the presets.

JoeM
12-22-05, 11:55 PM
I think the explanation is in the NAV supplement book. Press the seek button and hold it down until it beeps. One beep means something. Two beeps mean something else. Holding it down longer makes it beep twice. I think 2 beeps means it scans only your presets.

JoeM
12-23-05, 12:08 AM
See page 3-9 of the NAV supplement.

Press and hold the seek/scan button for two seconds until you hear a beep. It will scan all stations.

Or press and hold the seek/scan button for four seconds until you hear two beeps. It will scan only your pre-sets.

lawfive
12-23-05, 03:32 PM
People talking about how to use features I don't have...

"I'm in a glass case of emotion!"

Davidstan
12-23-05, 06:23 PM
Tried the instructions in the nav man and it only works temporarily. Any other 06 owners tried it?

EricInFlorida
12-23-05, 09:25 PM
Indeed I tried it out today, and it does exactly what the manual says:

To sna preset radio stations, press and hold the left or right arrow for more than four seconds. You will hear two beeps and Preset Scan will apear on the screen. The radio will go to the first preset station stored, play for few seconds, then go on to the next preset station. The radio will scan preset stations with a strong signal only.

But this REALLY SUCKS!!! I have never had a car with steering controls that starts off be "seeking":banghead: . You would think that the driver would want to go to the preset stations with out taking their hands off of the wheel. I mean come on, the driver has already scanned the local stations and selected the ones he/she is most interested in.

JoeM
12-23-05, 09:34 PM
The steering wheel control works exactly the same way as the control in the dash. At least it does on my car. I do not have to take my hands off the steering wheel to scan my presets. Just hold the button down for 4 seconds.

Davidstan
12-24-05, 08:16 AM
I'm not interested in scanning anything......I want to be able to select a preset station from the steering wheel. I have to think GM figured it out somehow and there is a way to override it. Love the car otherwise.

JoeM
12-24-05, 09:32 AM
You scan the presets from the steering wheel. It will stop on each pre-set momentarily. When it stops on the one you want, tap the scan button again and it stops.

thefly
12-25-05, 04:24 PM
yep, i agree kind of pointless. i want to set it to go through presets like like you would when changing a track on a cd, or like it is on the STS.