: Need programing Help; lost driver remote-1 & key...

austin
12-22-05, 04:56 PM
Hi...

Lost driver remote-1 w/key yesterday.. :(

Just ordered new driver remote-1 and a new key.

How do i program the remote to recognize, and unlock my car doors, and how do i program the key to work with my car. I remember seeing something about the key being swapped into the ignition at start up to get it programmed, but what about the driver remote-1. How do i get this new set to work with my car...... Hopefuly without going to the dealer. Thanks.

Lindsay Cadillac
12-22-05, 05:10 PM
You can do the key yourself if you still have an original key. You'll need the dealer's help or a Tech II for the remote.

Adding Keys (Domestic)
Important:
To initiate, this procedures requires that a learned master key be available.
A total of 10 master keys or valet keys may be programmed to a single vehicle.
This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.
If more than one valet key is to be learned, immediately precede each valet key with a learned master key.

With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key.
Within 10 seconds insert the key to be learned. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF. The vehicle has now learned the new key.Transmitter Programming
Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the radio antenna module must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will become Driver #1, and the second transmitter programmed will become Driver #2. The number on the back of the transmitter is for reference only. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.

To program transmitters:
Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Use the scan tool menu Body, RFA, Special Functions, Program Key Fobs in order to access transmitter programming.
Follow the directions on the scan tool in order to program the transmitters.
Operate the transmitter functions of each transmitter in order to verify correct system operation.

austin
12-22-05, 05:19 PM
WoW.. thanks for the information. I have driver remote-2 and key.. so i should be able to copy the key. But the remote?? Scan tool? Not sure on this one.... I guess only the dealer can do the remote?

Lindsay Cadillac
12-22-05, 05:22 PM
Yeah, scan tool a.k.a. Tech II... Probably dealer only...

austin
12-22-05, 05:24 PM
What should that cost me to have it done?

Thanks..

Lindsay Cadillac
12-22-05, 05:27 PM
If you were our customer or you bought the remote from us it would be free... You should call your dealer and ask, it only takes a couple of minutes once you have a Tech II hooked up to the car.

austin
12-22-05, 05:32 PM
You guys are great. Your post always help out. I wish i knew of a dealership in Massachusetts that was "so involved" like yours.